Josh Griffis, '20, IMG DE

ChoadCane

Redshirt Freshman
Just de-committed from UF. Supposedly looked good at one of the camps recently. Strong kid, pretty quick. Ranked low but I like his game. Like an upgraded Patchan at this point in their careers. Thoughts on him as a Cane? Likelihood it happens?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I envision a scenario where Anaele doesn't qualify. Would Griffis be an adequate replacement at SDE? I think so. All things considered.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Based on what?

What makes you assume Anaele won't qualify?

Assume may be a strong word...But you gotta admit LCE that missing almost the whole season last year, history of Tunsil players, and the transfer make it more unlikely for both qualifying and that he'll end up at UM?

The transfer to McDougal Tech. I feel like a read that on here.
He's at CC for his Senior year, he started out at Doral, then transferred to Norland.

Britt was the one who supposedly transferred to McDougle Tech but he's still at CC this year too.

That's all because Coach Tunsil is always moving around from one job to another so a lot of the kids he recruits follows him. But it has never been confirmed that any of those kids actually transferred to that school, they're all still at CC as of now.

And trust, if there was any big issues with grades our staff would be in communication directly with the players, if they felt they couldn't get them in they wouldn't recruit'em.

He's at CC for his Senior year, he started out at Doral, then transferred to Norland.

Britt was the one who supposedly transferred to McDougle Tech but he's still at CC this year too.

That's all because Coach Tunsil is always moving around from one job to another so a lot of the kids he recruits follows him. But it has never been confirmed that any of those kids actually transferred to that school, they're all still at CC as of now.

And trust, if there was any big issues with grades our staff would be in communication directly with the players, if they felt they couldn't get them in they wouldn't recruit'em.
Preciate ya man. Yeah must have been Britt I was thinking of. Carol City is gonna be a monster this year 👀

Advertisement
White guy so he’s compared to Patchan. Why do people do this in sports?

E$PN's pre-draft analysis of this kid in 4 years:

Film junkie. Just an average athlete, but he maximizes his ability with excellent form and technique. Gym rat. Has a great motor and plays through the echo of the whistle. Tough kid who needs to be pulled off the field. A student of the game, he always knows his assignment, as well as his linemates'.

Draft Projection: Rounds 4-7. Third day talent, first day heart.

I don’t doubt that they are both still at CC but the rumors were that Britt transferred to Miami Christian and Anaele to McDougle Tech. I do agree that UM wouldn’t be wasting their time if he had grade “issues”. According to what he told Ivins Notre Dame is also recruiting him hard. If grades were a concern none of these two schools would be wasting their time. I believe people are confused on why he sat out. He sat out the year because he allegedly violated transfer rules not because he had bad grades. That wont affect him qualifying at the next level as long as he has the grades.

What's the deal with Tunsil ? Just a handler of these kids acting as a de facto agent or what ?

Advertisement
Back