Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So to recap:

Mario: we are going to adjust our offense to fit our personnel

Gattis: I’m going to adjust my offense to fit our personnel. I like to go fast and have more explosive plays than anyone

People that work with Gattis: he adjusts his offense to fit his personnel

Miami fans: **** this guy he runs pro style
Let’s put this in CIS meme style

AF17CB9D-37BD-4925-BEDF-836660B1E055.jpeg

hey look at me I am the **** who had a one night stand with a hockey player.
The best part of that entire story was I personally probably couldn't think of a worse professional athlete (maybe Rae Carruth- too soon?) to have tried to pull that with. Ol' Jags is a lifelong childless bachelor that probably got a vasectomy like 25 years ago. Not to mention that he has the personality to not even care if someone DID have leverage on him in a blackmail/extortion situation. Short of his parents being in physical danger that dude would just laugh in your face.

The best part of that entire story was I personally probably couldn't think of a worse professional athlete (maybe Rae Carruth- too soon?) to have tried to pull that with. Ol' Jags is a lifelong childless bachelor that probably got a vasectomy like 25 years ago. Not to mention that he has the personality to not even care if someone DID have leverage on him in a blackmail/extortion situation. Short of his parents being in physical danger that dude would just laugh in your face.

How many guys from Eastern Bloc countries just cave in to sexual blackmail demands? Seems like she should have found a nice Canadian hockey player instead.

Let’s put this in CIS meme style

View attachment 176969

“Good coaches can do things that best fits the personnel,’’ Enos said.

“You can call it the “Spread Coast” or whatever you want to call it. We’ll get the personnel in here and figure out what we have, and then we’re going to hopefully get very creative in how we get them the ball.”

Learn your lesson with me, fellow Canes.

Wait and see.

Advertisement
“Good coaches can do things that best fits the personnel,’’ Enos said.

“You can call it the “Spread Coast” or whatever you want to call it. We’ll get the personnel in here and figure out what we have, and then we’re going to hopefully get very creative in how we get them the ball.”

Learn your lesson with me, fellow Canes.

Wait and see.
What you seem to not understand about me is that I do not add any value to this board, I just like to make memes

I literally once made a "Choo Choo, motherf*cker" Al Golden meme, I have no shame

Looking at Michigan offensive stats is not worth much if anything. We are not Michigan. The OC calls a game that the HC wants. Harbaugh went back to his run first power run game the way he did at Stanford. You forget that Gattis helped implement Alabama's power spread offense. We're not Alabama either, but I expect our offense to look more like Bama and less like Michigan.

Mario made it clear that his vision of the offense will be a high power spread that can go fast or milk the clock. I think he brilliantly sent a message to recruits when he said in an interview:
"running a balanced attack that features a power run game and an explosive passing game like Alabama. “Taking the steps to be an explosive and efficient offense that plays with physicality while taking advantage of all the explosive players that live in South Florida.

Mario understands what it takes to win at the highest level. He also knows the type of elite talent available at the "skilled" positions in South Florida. After all, he helped recruit a lot of them to Alabama.
It is always worth knowing what people have done in the past rather than what they say. What Mario is saying is basically “ we want to do everything well”, well it rarely plays out like that. Coaches almost always go back to their bread and butter or have a preference, precisely what you said harbaugh did because that is his background. The only exception I’ve seen is saban, he revolutionized his offense to keep up with opponents. Mario’s is a physical run game based on his time as a hc, and I don’t know what his backup plan is because when Utah and Stanford stood up to Oregon, they didn’t have one. It will be interesting to see what happens this year but I’m always going to go with what people do over what they say

Advertisement
I don't dig the OC hire.

Every coach wants their OL to dominate and to run the ball but most don't have the players to do this. If we run Michigan's offense next year then we don't win more than 7 games. I hope we see a new offense for Josh but I have been around long enough to know that most coaches don't change their scheme and we just hired a coach that has coached at Alabama and Big Ten schools.

I don't dig the OC hire.

Every coach wants their OL to dominate and to run the ball but most don't have the players to do this. If we run Michigan's offense next year then we don't win more than 7 games. I hope we see a new offense for Josh but I have been around long enough to know that most coaches don't change their scheme and we just hired a coach that has coached at Alabama and Big Ten schools.
With all due respect, this is the same small-minded thinking as the guys who were all "just hire any coordinator soon so we'll have a better shot with <some recruit>." So what if we don't have the ideal personnel to run an offense like Bama's or Michigan's or Georgia's? We want to compete and be a playoff team, that's what we have to get.

If the argument is "we have a generational QB so we need to run an offense where he throws it 60 times a game and our OL sucks," well, again, okay. You expect an offense without balance to compete for playoffs? Which one of this year's playoff teams ran that kind of offense? And how long do you expect Van Dyke to stick around? 10 years? We get 2 more if we're lucky. Likely 1.

We're not going anywhere we really want to without a dominant OL and balanced offense. So we should forgo that or eliminate it because the talent on the roster today doesn't quite match up with it? What would that accomplish? Another win or 2 in '22? The Coastal? The championship system needs to be implemented now. And if Mario can recruit here as advertised we'll get there. But to want to go the other way and get more gimmicky is, as I said, small minded. And Mario is clearly thinking much, much bigger.

Advertisement
I don't dig the OC hire.

Do most coaches have the coaching acumen or scheme to do it? I don't think we have world beaters all along our OL, but I know that coaching and scheme has a lot more to do with a successful running system than many here seem to realize.

I've been through enough of these Canes hiring experiences and I've never seen anything close to the level of commitment to making the run game work as I'm seeing now. For years I would laugh as posters would just look at the OL coach hire as any other position coach. It's literally 45% of the offensive personnel (at a minimum). I'm intrigued to see what this level of sophisticated OL coaching/scheming can do.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't dig the OC hire.

You trolled the board with Pro-Manny posts for months. Unsure if people should begin to listen to you in the first place.

And, again, you bring more worthless stats. You don't factor in who the QB is, and whether the slowdown is attributed to that. You don't even bother to address what I mentioned, which is whether the offense can keep personnel on the field, thus limiting the defensive substitutions.

If your stats meant anything, it would be a pretty good indication that the intent of the coach is not the determinant. You can go from 65th to 112th and back to 65th again, having NOTHING to do with the coach and/or his philosophy.

And is "112th" bad? I already pointed out that BOTH Georgia and Cincinnati were ranked lower in 2021. So, who knows, maybe, JUST MAYBE, that whole "ranking by number of plays per game" is just a useless stat. Try predicting something with it. You can't. It means nothing. There is no causality or correlation that produces a "more-likely/less-likely" outcome.

At least if you score more points than everyone else, you tend to win more games. Good lord, the #2 team in the country for number-of-offensive-plays-per-game finished 6-7.

Here are the ELEVEN teams that ran more offensive plays per game than mighty Alabama last year. Not exactly a murderer's row of college bluebloods, is it?

View attachment 176960
Hey genius. The guy said gattis likes to run a lot of plays and offered that he was “near the top of the country” in number plays per game to support that, but the stats clearly don’t support that so I pointed it out. Being average and close to last isn’t near the top. Rankings are relative, just like his “near the top” assertion, and always will be. Then you jumped in and started talking about a bunch of **** that we weren’t, that’s why I’m not addressing all your what if variables. We never even talked about which way was better, but you decided to jump in a day later and go off on a self righteous, “stats are worthless” diatribe. No stat has perfect correlation to performance or record, they are indicators though. If you don’t think plays per game correlates to offensive tempo, you can’t be helped. Notice I didn’t say they are the same, but there is correlation. It’s hilarious how you point out one outlier as proof that what I said is worthless when that’s not even what I said. Either that or you don’t know what correlation means. Outliers still exist even when things correlate, and offensive plays per game correlate better to tempo (what I said) and offensive performance than number of wins (what you decided to argue) since wins would also be affected by defense and special teams. Read a dictionary if necessary, take advil for any headaches, midol for any cramps.

And Michigan was 2-4 when they dropped down to 112th, and scored 7 fewer pts per game compared to this year, but that doesn’t fit your argument so I’m sure that’s a worthless stat and their intention was to run fewer plays and score less even though I was told gattis likes to run tempo. If you feel the need to do some statistical analysis based on who the qb was, defensive substitutions and correlate a few more stats with those to prove your assertions, have fun

Last edited:
I don't dig the OC hire.

Emotion Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back