Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not the best assistant in the country.

Broyles.png

Broyles 2 .png

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Oh that’s right he got an award for being the 25th best assistant in the country I must’ve missed the details on that
Listen to yourself…It’s a ******* award. Richt was the best coach in the country according to some awards too. Is that even close to reality? No.

So you are saying Mario is going to micro manage the offense.
I'm saying Mario will determine what he wants the offense to look like. If he tells Gattis he can have free reign the run-first tight formation pro-style stuff you're fearing won't be what Gattis does. When Gattis got to Michigan he talked about speed in space. He's not air raid but QBs and WRs will be the focal point. He's a WR coach. He wants his guys to eat. Much like at Michigan and really everywhere else the HC will be the guy to look to as far as philosophy.

Advertisement
the process took forever, but at the end, Mario hires the Broyles winner. lmfao. I'm just going to sit back, relax, and try and enjoy this. We've stunk for so f'n long...as a recovering mope, I understand, but its time to just enjoy whats happening here. The war is over, the mopes won, now lets get this money.

None of that has anything to do with Gattis. That will be about Mario and his philosophy. Gattis coached with Locksley and Saban was good with giving Tua the reins. At Michigan in 2019 with Shea Patterson that was closer to Gattis' offense. Patterson averaged about 30 attempts per game. McNamara this year just over 23. If Mario wants to throw the ball Gattis will be happy too.
As long as it doesn’t resemble anything like what he was running at Oregon I will be ok with it. I mean technically he can run what he had at Oregon with TVD anyway 😂

Advertisement
Gattis mainly used 3 rbs at Michigan in Haskins/Corum/Edwards...

Gattis will probably use Citizen in the Haskins role, Knighton/Corum, and Chaney/Edwards. I'm interested to see how Franklin and Parrish compete. Our rbs will be a strength. Hopefully the Oline steps up big.

Clearly, Gattis is inheriting a better QB in Van Dymes. Mallory, Arroyo, and Skinner will have big roles in this offense.

I would say all of our skill positions are better than what he had at mich.

A voted on reward doesn't make someone the best assistant in college football. Michigan's offense wasn't even close to the best in CFB.

Lanning should have won the award anyway.
by "wasn't even close to the best in CFB" do you mean ranked 5th?

So McClendon was actually telling WR recruits the truth. I wonder if that factored into his decision to leave. Hmmm.

How McClendon going to negatively recruit against us when our offensive coordinator and the guy that replaced him as a position coach has coached Heisman winners, All-Americans, All-Conference, first round picks, NFL players, record breaking wide receivers throughout his career?

Advertisement
I never said Gattis sucks.

He definitely wasn't the best assistant in CFB. Lanning ate his lunch and was the deserving winner.
Lanning ate his lunch because he had the best collection of talent on D in the country. Shane Beamer said it best when asked about Georgia's scheme. "Scheme? They've got 100 5 stars and a 350 lb DL who can outrun everybody in this room"

He aint Bill O'Brien's lunch too when Alabama's top 2 WRs were out.

only explanation for all the people b*tching and moaning in here is that they are undercover *ichigan fans and ****ed he left

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back