Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Interesting note:

Feldmann was sitting on the story for 72 hours........ I just listened to a podcast by the Athletic about the hire - it was said there.

EDIT: Miami paid a $500,000 buyout for him.
There’s gotta be more brewing here in terms of roles that are finalized. I wonder if we’re back on the daily 5pm breaking news alert

So many mopes on this board. Glad to have the ignore button.

If you can’t even give the guy the benefit of doubt until you know, he actually calls a game. What’s the point of being a fan? Find something else to do with your life.
I personally find it interesting that the Michigan fan base reaction to losing a Broyles Award winner is a collective yawn, at best. I'm pretty pumped with the hire, but not being an expert in regards to Michigan's operation, wonder if some of the criticism of Gattis, years 1 & 2 at Michigan, is warranted. In terms of last season's success, it's not unheard of for coordinators to get credit when position coaches and support staff are deserving, yet unrecognized. These type of scenarios cause me to be curious and search for more insight. Unsure how that's falls outside the parameters of fandom.

Interesting note:

Feldmann was sitting on the story for 72 hours........ I just listened to a podcast by the Athletic about the hire - it was said there.

Is the podcast a sub deal? If not, could you please link it?

Advertisement
I personally find it interesting that the Michigan fan base reaction to losing a Broyles Award winner is a collective yawn, at best. I'm pretty pumped with the hire, but not being an expert in regards to Michigan's operation, wonder if some of the criticism of Gattis, years 1 & 2 at Michigan, is warranted. In terms of last season's success, it's not unheard of for coordinators to get credit when position coaches and support staff are deserving, yet unrecognized. These type of scenarios cause me to be curious and search for more insight. Unsure how that's falls outside the parameters of fandom.
Its because he was going to get fired if he didn't have a big 2021 bc his 1st 2 years were mediocre at best.

Interesting note:

So Mario pretty well knew it was a wrap on Signing Day when referencing a timetable for coordinators and staff.

Advertisement
Its because he was going to get fired if he didn't have a big 2021 bc his 1st 2 years were mediocre at best.
That whole staff was gonna get fired. Gattis was less of a problem than Don Brown and Harbaugh himself. Harbaugh wasn't gonna get a chance to scapegoat Gattis. They all would've been gone.

I’ve talked to a few Michigan guys that are buddies and they all had a similar reaction to what appears to be one of the most common take on the Michigan boards:

Gattis improved a lot this year, he’s an elite recruiter, and he was set up to explode next year with McCarthy taking over at QB. They don’t like losing him but they’re okay replacing him with 1 of Mike Hart, Sherrone, and or Weiss taking over as playcaller.

Their confidence in “next man up” mentality is a head scratcher imo. None of those guys have playcalling experience and to go from a Broyles Award winner to a complete unknown and to be totally confident they’ll succeed was weird to me.

Advertisement
Mario buying high on a coach who sucked until Weiss came in and, allegedly, Harborrough took over the offense.

Hope it works out but the Michigan fans are happy to see him go.
Not the UMich fans I know. Some of who were more ****ed with this news, than they were when they thought Harbaugh was gone.

Maybe I'm an outlier weirdo, but I kinda care more about winning games.
I could not care less about any player's stats or prep for the NFL.

If I want to win games, I think I want to maximize the opportunities for your best player, who just happens to be a QB.

Advertisement
Watched the Ohio State game, victory formation excluded, they ran one play under center. Lot of misdirection/eye candy for the front 7. Mainly 11 personnel with some 12. This is going to be a lot of fun. Appreciate this dude while he’s our OC, probably won’t be for long.

I’ve talked to a few Michigan guys that are buddies and they all had a similar reaction to what appears to be one of the most common take on the Michigan boards:

Gattis improved a lot this year, he’s an elite recruiter, and he was set up to explode next year with McCarthy taking over at QB. They don’t like losing him but they’re okay replacing him with 1 of Mike Hart, Sherrone, and or Weiss taking over as playcaller.

Their confidence in “next man up” mentality is a head scratcher imo. None of those guys have playcalling experience and to go from a Broyles Award winner to a complete unknown and to be totally confident they’ll succeed was weird to me.
So did Hart and Weiss just come on board last season? Some seemed to be crediting those two more for the success than Gattis.

A legitimate play caller, but who is a also a solid recruiter (y)

1644183524939.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back