Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I like how Mario is hiring dudes that been at big time programs and know what it takes to built winners. All due respect to wunderkinds from G5 schools or cats coming from the NFL who never coached in college we needed cats that been there to build our program. THIS IS THE WAY!!!!!
Was thinking the same thing.
It is nice to have an OC who has coached in big games including a Conference Championship and Playoff.
And a DC who has coached in the best Conference/Division in America.

These guys have seen pretty much everything and will know how to attack anything with creativity and intelligence.

Reminds me of a younger Enos. I don’t think his system is a great fit for us but we shall see.

Much better short passing game.

Runs and passes develop much faster.

This guy can make it work with our offensive line. I love the zone run but we struggled getting movement with the double team and climbing to the second level. Gattis’ man blocking scheme solves those problems and will get our backs creases to hit quickly and consistently for good yardage.

He gets the ball out of the quarterback’s hand very quickly and doesn’t hang him out to dry. This system is a more modern, flexible, and explosive brand than what Enos brought.

Advertisement
I haven’t read all of this…but I do remember Gattis catching heat about his playing calling and schemes when Shea Patterson was the trigger man. Very run heavy, conservative at times.
Obviously he has come a long way. Will be interesting to see what he does with TVD.

Advertisement
I swear ppl on here would rather us throw it every down and lose 6 games than hire the Broyles award winning OC Because they don't agree with his style like their opinion is relevant lmao

Exactly. That's what the retarded dyck sucking morons on this forum don't understand. They cite worthless metrics relating to total offense without providing any context. Whatever metrics you cite have to be within the context of winning games you stupid fvcks! Furthermore if you're going to cite metrics, at least cite the proper ones. Smh

Stop looking at Michigan offensive numbers with QB’s like Patterson or the bum who has transferred like 3 times and sucked everywhere he went. If you can find a Gattis offense with a QB talent like TVD then you can make a comparison. But otherwise without similar talent is next to impossible to compare offenses because strategies are determined by personnel.
Lashlee looked very shaky at times with King missing throws, and not being able to run an RPO. Under TVD that all changed. Did Lashlee change as an offensive mind, or did his play calling change because he had a QB to make plays that King could not make? Undoubtedly the latter.
Trust that Mario knows what he is doing, and if he fails, will make the necessary change after year one.

Advertisement
Michigan F+:

Hoke 2014: 81
Harbaugh/Drevno 2015 - 2017: 29, 24, 53 (Jedd Fisch 2015-2016)
Harbaugh/Pep Hamilton 2018: 16
Harbaugh/Gattis 2019 - 2021: 22, 36, 10

Was thinking the same thing.
It is nice to have an OC who has coached in big games including a Conference Championship and Playoff.
And a DC who has coached in the best Conference/Division in America.

These guys have seen pretty much everything and will know how to attack anything with creativity and intelligence.
Just think, they will face each other in practice every day. Iron sharpens iron.

Advertisement
I think the move is fine. Mainly because I think TVD will ball out and he’s gone in a year.

I watch maybe 4/5 Michigan games a year. His body of work is pederstrian.

Your body of posts in this thread have been pedorstrian
Working Out Sesame Street GIF

only worry is a one and done type of season, but then again, if it is that, then we would have had one **** of a season so next year looks good.

Having coaches that succeed and that people WANT to hire is a good thing. Better than having coaches nobody wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back