Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Unless Mallory is playing WR, I really don’t want to see a ton of formations with both of them on the field. Especially since you don’t gain much blocking with Mallory.
I was just kinda joking

Mallory is a horrendous blocker

If an OC came in here and put TVD under center and asked Mallory to block then he should be fired on the spot

I get why people are hesitant but Gattis is not doing that here

Advertisement
**** good hire by Mario. This guy definitely knows what he's doing, and i too feel like he was somewhat handcuffed by Harbaugh.
I have now worries about him doing the exact same thing here. We have one of top 4 qb's in the country, and some serious talent and speed at the skill positions. The speed we have here is far greater than what he had at Michigan, so his speed in space philosophy should thrive here.

We all pretty much know Mario was not in favor of an air raid offense, it just wasn't going to happen under him, but Gattis is smart and creative so I have no worries about us scoring and scoring a lot in his offense, with the talent we have.

Just heard that Michigan was number one in the country in fewest TFL allowed in the country last year. That is a huge and underrated stat for offensive success! I don't know what we have ranked the past couple of years but I think negative/0 yard plays has really capped this offense. I'm stoked about this hire!!

I think Gattis is leaving for several reasons:

1. More money
2. Better QB in TVD
3. Access to better skilled athletes
4. Complete offensive autonomy. With Harbaugh, Gattis was still working within the parameters of Harbaugh's offense

5. If Harbaugh stays at Michigan forever, Gattis never gets promoted, never gets full credit.
6. If Harbaugh leaves in a year or two and the Michigan brass still likes him, he can always go back (see, generally, Lashlee).

Advertisement
I like this hire. Mario has been killing it man. Took a while but he got both hires right. Let’s win the coastal next year and keep building towards the future.
Agree. And if not, it’s not the end of the world, it’s a new day and a new regime. I’m not losing sleep like last couple of years over this, where our coaching search was playing piñata…

1644177351798.png

Advertisement
Not sure I'd single out the UGA game as the story of who Gattis is as an OC. Michigan just didn't have the athletes to compete.

Gattis learned under Moorehead. Gattis while relies heavily on pro-style he emphasizes being unpredictable and playing fast in space (he will go no huddle for large stretches of a game if not the whole game).

While UGA may have been a downer for Gattis, I think k it's worth noting how he attacked the physical and skilled OSU defense. Gattis game planned to be run heavy and physical against Taint. Other games he was pass heavy because he looked to exploited mismatches.

Also, he's a big time recruiter especially at the WR position.

ALL OF THIS.

I don’t know anything about this guy so the first game I went to was Michigan-OSU.

He is VERY IMPRESSIVE.

This version of pro style can work for us. His man block scheme gets blockers to the second level quickly and is good at creating creases and holes against a defense as big and talented as OSU. Even when OSU held the line, there was still room for the back to run.

He uses the run and short passing game together with synchronicity. He passes on 1st down often and even uses receivers to rush the ball. He is very creative and unpredictable. He gives his quarterback lots of easy throws. His passing game can go deep or dink and dunk.

This system fit us, especially with the way he calls it. If he had TVD at quarterback, they would have broken big 10 records. He made a very pedestrian quarterback very productive. TVD can take his offense to the next level.

I think this guy succeeds where Enos failed. I am 100% on board with this hire.

Advertisement
I like how Mario is hiring dudes that been at big time programs and know what it takes to built winners. All due respect to wunderkinds from G5 schools or cats coming from the NFL who never coached in college we needed cats that been there to build our program. THIS IS THE WAY!!!!!

I believe in this board more than national media when it comes to Miami.

Also a quick google will tell you he was on the hot seat after 2020:

Either way he’s had one good season and now cashed in. Hopefully TVD gets him a HC gig next year.
He was on the heat seat cause he was forcing the pass game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back