Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
OL for Michigan, but he coached TE at CMU and Louisville under Strong.
Fields supposedly is locked in at TE. Seems to have a relatively diverse skill set. I wonder if the WR slot would be a viable option (if he's an elite recruiter)?

Advertisement
only worry is a one and done type of season, but then again, if it is that, then we would have had one **** of a season so next year looks good.
well good news is we know he ain't going back to michigan after harbaugh leaves based on his text, he ain't getting the alabama job either, so I guess we have to worry maybe about penn state or wake forest in terms of connections. Other than that maybe we can keep him for 2-3 years until an attractive job opens up

Ion know

I just gotta wait and see about Mr Steele and Gattis.

Mario didn’t f*ck it up. He did good with these.

I am just not sure he did great. Remains to bo seen for me. I am not gonna sit up and front like “oh yea these are homeruns.” Ion know
Bruh… we don’t know how good they will be HERE. That’s fact! But both of these gentlemen are home-run hires based on previous successes. As far as “names”, and previous success (Broyles Awards and finalist), Mario couldn’t have done much better. He swung for the fences, and connected. Now how good will they be at the University of Miami? We will see, but looking at their track records, and if their past is any indication…. then boys and girls, we’re about to have a lil fun.
1644173108273.gif

Advertisement
I'm the last guy to get into an x's and o's debate with people (I can still hear my high school coaches screaming at me to learn the effing playbook) but one thing is clear about the current state of offenses in CFB- the TE is a focal point now more than ever.

So of you guys are saying that our TEs are gonna feast under Gattis then I like the philosophy already.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bruh… we don’t know how good there will be HERE. That’s fact! But both of these gentlemen are home-run hires based on previous successes. As far as “names”, and previous success (Broyles Awards and finalist), Mario couldn’t have done much better. He swung for the fences, and connected. Now how good will they be at the University of Miami? We will see, but looking at their track records, and if their past is any indication…. then boys and girls, we’re about to have a lil fun.
View attachment 176740

I can see that with Gattis in terms of a guy on the rise and recent accolades with the Broyles award. My only concern is returning to an offensive philosophy most of us begged to get away from the past few years. And like you said, will it work HERE?

Steele? I know about him very well but i am not sure his time hasn't passed and he may be trending down?

Just little concerns, nothing major. I just want to see how they translate to being at Miami.

This was on Michigan's 247 board from their insider, SIAP

This was ONE of the potential moves I was referring to last week when I said don't take for granted that every assistant would be back. Would be a surprise if Matt Weiss isn't the replacement.

I'll get deeper into it in a reaction blog, but the long and short of it was an extension was offered here, but he felt Miami wanted him a lot more, so he took it. This was undoubtedly affected by Jim's pro dalliance. Most significant in that is the Jim/Weiss connection that would've carried on to the pros, and has him as the favorite now to assume Gattis' role.

More later

only worry is a one and done type of season, but then again, if it is that, then we would have had one **** of a season so next year looks good.
In today's CFB, we run that risk no matter what. It's the nature of the beast now so you might as well get the best you can and take it year to year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back