Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Right. Lol All i said was ion know. Thats all. There are a lot more astute posters who know more than i do so in those instances i simply say ion know. I am just going to have to see. I am excited as ****.
Even if you give reasons why you’re skeptical or in wait and see mode, they still try to trash you lmao

Several already have.
Some people look at it like a negative

**** I think it’s a great thing. Getting coordinators that are on the rise? Yes please

This dude has HC potential written all over him which is a great thing to have on our staff

Also doesn’t mean he’s going to bolt after a year or two

I'm not sure if you can pinpoint his philosophy quite yet.

Spent time with Harbaugh, Saban, James Franklin...he's been around a lot of dudes and coached up a ton of really good WRs.

As a WR Coach, has touched Jerry Jeudy, Devonta Smith, Henry Ruggs, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, Daeshean Hamilton, Juwan Johnson, Jordan Matthews, Jordan White.
The wide receiver list of players he has coached is way more impressive than BMac. Just start with Jeudy, Waddle & Smith!

You don’t think Mario realizes how important the ‘23 wide receivers class is this year?

Brown, Innis, etc!!! Bring me at least 4 this class.

Advertisement
Not trying to be a downer but isn't he kind of bro style? I wasn't really impressed with the plan of attack against Georgia (they weren't going to win either way, not saying that) but that's all I've really seen of him honestly.
No he adjusted to Michigan players. I remember when he first got there he was trying to use a uptempo offense and they had brought in shea patterson

Advertisement
Many OCs don't coach the QB. That's why there is this position called the QB coach. Since Gattis is a premier WR coach, we will hire a dedicated QB coach instead of a WR coach.

Random search of top OCs gave me this list Degree or disagree with who they pick, 70% coach QBs or have background with the position Again I’m not arguing it’s impossible to be elite at the job without coaching QBs, but most who are elite know how to develop the position or are tied to the hip of QB gurus (see the Briles tree and Kevin Wilson​

10. Jeff Lebby (Ole Miss)​

Didn’t play QB but came up under Briles and coached QBs since 2018.

9. Tom Manning (Iowa State)​

OL by training

8. Jeff Brohm (Purdue)​

7 year NFL QB, 10 years QB coach, nearly a decade HC

7. Jeff Grimes (Baylor)​

OL back ground -

6. Warren Ruggiero (Wake Forest)​

QB coach since 2001.

5. Phil Longo (North Carolina)​

Played QB at low level, QB coach pats ten years.

4. Dan Mullen (Florida)​

Made Dak Prescott look good.

3. Kevin Wilson (Ohio State)​

3 years QB coaching experience. Works for Ryan Day.

2. Tony Elliott (Clemson)​

TE/ RB

1. Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma)​

I think you know already.

Advertisement
And get the blocking of the TE room up to par...
I expect more of Arroyo and less of Mallory especially in the run game. To me, if Mallory can take the biggest leap on the offensive by being coached better and developed to be a better blocker, this offense opens up even more. But that’s a big “if” in terms of his blocking.

Tbh the biggest troll of canes fans is Mario himself.

Guy truly dgaf because he gives more ***s than anyone about Miami
Bruh I wasnt even worried about OC and DC cause we were willing to spend, thats all I needed to know. Is it cool to check the names? Yea but to be impatient like its affecting us or we will die thats ridiculous. It felt good to not have that in place and kick UF Bama and FSU *** for recruits while they comment "they dont even have a full staff" lol. It was fun for me and a good sign of things to come

Advertisement
C61B0EE5-20E3-47AF-998D-FD403748A1B7.jpeg

not to mention sagapolu who will probably start right away. Conerly seems like we have to be leading for after this since he was a michigan lean before we got into the mix.

I think we'll be just fine on the OL and a lot of our problems were the terrible run scheme lashlee used

The OL was a decent ACC o-line, better in pass pro. NOT AT ALL equipped to play a physical brand (big boy) of football. Wouldn't lay that at Lashlee's run concepts as much as WHO he had to work with.
OL, imo, will be a work in progress that could/likely take YEARS to DEVELOP into what Mario wants it to. Can we be immediately respectable/maaaybe above average in the ACC? Schemed for success? Yeah, probably.
Btw, does anyone KNOW if Sagopolu can actually play? Aside from impressive strength/size, all we have is that He was splitting first team reps in practice.
As for what we know, Zion should be above average and Rivers as well IF healthy. The C is decent, if he holds onto his spot. The rest is ???.

Sherrone Moore is Conerly's primary for Michigan. If he follows Gattis wooo boy.
only thing better than stealing MIchigan's OC would be stealing Michigans OC AND their CO-OC lmao. He'd be TE's here I suppose

man he's an OL coach too, we would have mario, mirabal, and moore coaching The line/TE's. Incredible instant transformation of the trenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back