Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a huge Michigan fan. It’s amazing how Gattis evolved as an OC. Harbaugh wanted to mimic Alabama’s speed in space approach. It just didn’t work well with the personnel they had and didn’t complement Don Browns defense. It really came together this year and they had great run schemes utilizing the backs who had different skill sets. He’s also a great trick play designer- similar to Josh McDaniels.
Interesting. I didn’t see much Michigan with Gattis there but you’re seeing a lot of guys that are actually innovative when it comes to a running style approach

When Harbaugh was in SF he had Greg Roman as his OC and their run schemes were pretty amazing. You see guys like Kyle Shanahan do it

Advertisement
200.gif

Mario ain't playing, this is an excellent hire. I know ppl want to sling it around with TVD but Mario's aiming to play with the big boys. And at that level you HAVE to be able to run the ball.

With Alabama in most games 3rd and 3 is a running down that they are able to convert 95% of the time. With us it has been 50/50 at best. It'll take time to get the right personnel in there but this is absolutely the way to compete with the big boys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a fan of this hire …Michigan offense has been mediocre under this dude ..one of my close friends is a Diehard Michigan fan and he wanted this dude fired along time ago
I think it'll be fair to assess him now that he isn't under Harbaugh's thumb.

If Gattis schemes the way he did at times while at Michigan, then yes there's a problem. But if he lives up to his no huddle, fast in space philosophy then I think we are looking at something special

Advertisement
It's weird he wouldn't stay until he qualified for a HC job, what's he get out of leaving other than warm weather?

It's kind of funny all the media losing their minds that we are whiffing everywhere in AD, HC, DC, and OC searches and in all 4 we landed big time guys lol
Because Harbaugh took over the offense at times last year and he couldn't run thr RPO stuff he learned at Bama. Probably got a raise at Miami as well. Was only making 900 K at Michigan.

Advertisement
Someone talk me into this. Love the hire in terms of recruiting and perception, but please tell me he’s not a pro style bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back