Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7752f3246f530570727062d4e84108d5.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
What would be the point of this? To save some money that you would have saved on a WR coach b/c you are still going to need to pay him what was agreed to for him to be the OC. Then you have someone on staff who 1) sucked as a recruiter and 2) is a malcontent.

Would be better off just paying him to be away from the team and if you dont want to pay to bring in a new position coach, have someone who is in an off-field role do it (to be clear, I don't think this is what should be done but rather it probably makes more sense than making Gattis the WR coach).
I don't disagree with you. I'm trying to wrap my head around why tf he's still on our payroll.

Advertisement
I used to love the idea of Brady but after watching Jefferson, Chase and Burrow do this to the NFL I went from thinking Brady’s a god to LSUs previous OC being the biggest ****** in sports.
Steve Ensminger had been a ****** OC going all the way back to his Clemson days under Tommy West. He pretty much got demoted & was only an OC again as an interim at Auburn after Tony Franklin got fired after they lost to Arkansas. Then he wouldn’t be an interim OC again until 8 years later once he got to LSU & Les Miles was on the hot seat having to fire Cam Cameron.

Orgeron just kept him on staff as a TE’s coach & then he finally got to become the full time OC after Ed O had to fire Matt Canada because their Offense sucked & Ed O was on the hot seat too.

The LSU Offense didn’t explode until Brady got there, he brought the Sean Payton/Peter Carmichael/Joe Lombardi passing concepts to LSU & that’s when they had their historic run. Even in the Peach Bowl for the playoffs, the night before Ensminger’s Daughter In-Law died in a plane crash on their way to the game, so Brady was basically the play caller for the game. Ensminger was still up in booth with the rest of the guys but it was obvious he was going through motions & not mentally checked in due to the tragedy. LSU went on to demolish Oklahoma putting up 692yds of total Offense (532yds passing) & then went on to win the Natty putting up 628yds on Clemson.

That’s essentially what made Brady such a hot commodity on the Coaching market, Ensminger had never in his career coordinated an Offense with that kind of productivity & firepower. It wasn’t so much that Brady is some savant, he just implemented what would maximize their Elite Offensive talent. He just saw what was painstakingly obvious, they had a great QB & a bunch of great WR’s, open the field up & force Defenses to try to stop them.

He’s not coming back to College anytime soon because he wants to stick in the NFL as a play caller & he’ll likely be getting hired by either the Jets or the Chargers as OC.

@IndayArtHauz , RSA has a question concerning the string here. Looks like he wants to know if one of these guys can post what he did from a dm.
Really want to discourage this unless it’s your own personal post with the posters on the chat scrubbed out.

Let’s keep DMs direct messages, not public ones.

Steve Ensminger had been a ****** OC going all the way back to his Clemson days under Tommy West. He pretty much got demoted & was only an OC again as an interim at Auburn after Tony Franklin got fired after they lost to Arkansas. Then he wouldn’t be an interim OC again until 8 years later once he got to LSU & Les Miles was on the hot seat having to fire Cam Cameron.

Orgeron just kept him on staff as a TE’s coach & then he finally got to become the full time OC after Ed O had to fire Matt Canada because their Offense sucked & Ed O was on the hot seat too.

The LSU Offense didn’t explode until Brady got there, he brought the Sean Payton/Peter Carmichael/Joe Lombardi passing concepts to LSU & that’s when they had their historic run. Even in the Peach Bowl for the playoffs, the night before Ensminger’s Daughter In-Law & died in a plane crash on their way to the game, so Brady was basically the play caller for the game. Ensminger was still up in booth with the rest of the guys but it was obvious he was going through motions & not mentally checked in due to the tragedy. LSU went on to demolish Oklahoma putting up 692yds of total Offense (532yds passing) & then went on to win the Natty putting up 628yds on Clemson.

That’s essentially what made Brady such a hot commodity on the Coaching market, Ensminger had never in his career coordinated an Offense with that kind of productivity & firepower. It wasn’t so much that Brady is some savant, he just implemented what would maximize their Elite Offensive talent. He just saw what was painstakingly obvious, they had a great QB & a bunch of great WR’s, open the field up & force Defenses to try to stop them.

He’s not coming back to College anytime soon because he wants to stick in the NFL as a play caller & he’ll likely be getting hired by either the Jets or the Chargers as OC.
Brady single handedly changed that offense and Burrow for that matter. He changed a decade of god awful offense there. Brady also had a hand In game planning , and calling plays. Especially key downs in the game . What he did there by just showing up is one of the more impressive things I’ve seen in Cfb. People forget how bad those offenses there was.

Advertisement
Brady single handedly changed that offense and Burrow for that matter. He changed a decade of god awful offense there. Brady also had a hand In game planning , and calling plays. Especially key downs in the game . What he did there by just showing up is one of the more impressive things I’ve seen in Cfb. People forget how bad those offenses there was.
I was at the game vs LSU in Dallas in 2018 and Burrow barely looked like a D1 starter against a Manny Diaz defense. Pretty sure he didn’t complete 50% of his passes. He was absolutely catapulted once Brady came.

Advertisement
I read an article where the OC was quoted directly "I hired Joe Brady to come in and modernize our playbook. Whenever we got into 3rd down and red zone situations I said 'Joe it's yours' and he took over and called the plays." The result was going from near the bottom in both categories the prior year ... LSU had one of the hottest producing offenses in the NCAA that season ... in the top 15 or so in both 3rd down conversions and red zone production. Their RUSHING YARDAGE and RUSHING TD'S also increased. Same QB, same 3 WR's and same 2 primary RB's, only new input was Joe Brady's offensive concepts and play calling.

I read an article where the OC was quoted directly "I hired Joe Brady to come in and modernize our playbook. Whenever we got into 3rd down and red zone situations I said 'Joe it's yours' and he took over and called the plays." The result was going from near the bottom in both categories the prior year ... LSU had one of the hottest producing offenses in the NCAA that season ... in the top 15 or so in both 3rd down conversions and red zone production. Their RUSHING YARDAGE and RUSHING TD'S also increased. Same QB, same 3 WR's and same 2 primary RB's, only new input was Joe Brady's offensive concepts and play calling.
I heard the same thing. The OC was straight up honest about it all .

I heard the same thing. The OC was straight up honest about it all .
The numbers .... were almost unbelievable"

2018 Season. Passing Yards 2970; TD's 17: Rush yards 2257; TD's 29
2019 Season. Passing Yards 6024; TD's 61: Rush yards 2502; TD's 32.

Looks like a fairy tale. Really wish Brady would see that putting a 2 year stint at Miami as OC could re-launch his NFL career a lot quicker than being a QB coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back