Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know.... you're not wrong. I just wanna get on with it, already.

Trust me I feel you, but at this point it’s been 2 months. If it takes another 3 weeks but it’s someone that is legitimate, then so be it. I know that all 100% of the fans won’t be on board with whoever it ends up being, but at this point we have whiffed on every WR in the portal that we have gone after so it’s like at this point…no need to just get someone on board for the sake of getting them on board, might as well get it “right” and IMHO, Arroyo + Coley doesn’t equal right.

The 2024 kids won’t sign for another 11 months and it will boil down to how we do come fall anyway so again, might as well get it right. I promise you I’m just as frustrated as you, but we both obviously know now that our frustrations and timeline as fans mean didly **** to the ones that matter so 🤷🏾‍♂️. He is making his own bed, we’ll see how it all unfolds, not like we really have a choice anyway lol.

Advertisement
Oh how many of you are getting the chancleta soon…

And then I want y’all to shut the f^ck up, sit in the corner and watch your wives f^ck their boyfriends
Will Smith Applause GIF

Bring in Arroyo with Coley in some onfield capacity and stack blue chips for a couple of years. The man went 12-2 with a Rose Bowl win, a final top 6 ranking and (in a different year) beat a more talented OSU* team AT The Shoe.

I'd love to be great at the OC position, but if we're simply adequate, we should win 9 games in the ACC sleepwalking.

Stack talent like crazy and in 2 years, with adequate playcalling, we should be a legitimate top 10 team. Love to have Wake's OC, but it makes too much **** sense, so just get Arroyo and Coley, and let's build the machine already!
Not making a judgement on Arroyo’s competency as there’s over a dozen pages on this thread litigating it and I have zero interest in getting involved in that. However, Arroyo was fired 2 days after our season ended on 11/28. Both of those guys are known commodities to Mario and he should’ve made the change within a week or so of our season ending if that’s the route he wanted to go.

Instead Mario essentially punted on ESD and first portal window in relation to WR. I’m a big Mario fan but If he wasted two months to make this move then I would seriously begin to doubt his competency.

In addition, fair or unfair Mario has developed a negative reputation when it comes to QB’s and WR’s. Opponents easily negative recruit against him due to it. Unfortunately due to their history both of these guys are part of that reputation. Now I don’t care what type of scheme we employ as long as we win games. However, in this instance I think Mario has to go with the radical approach to eliminate that negative reputation and go with someone who has a wide open scheme and is QB/WR friendly. So for those reasons..

GIF by Zack Kantor

UF still owes him $6million from the remaining portion of his buyout, in the same fashion as Tom Herman there’s no reason for him to take a job until his buyout money runs out (hence why Herman waited 2 years before he came back to College coaching).
The caveat is that unlike Herman or most contracts, IIRC Mullens doesn’t have the offset. So whatever someone pays him he still gets the full $6 million from UF in addition to his new contract.

Advertisement
I'm sure it's my bias, but got**** it always feels like we end up with the weird ****. Cormani's ***ked up recruitment, and now some ***ky situation with our ****-**** OC. I just want to celebrate a great recruiting class and have the boat steady in time for spring ball. SMFH.

I'm sure it's my bias, but got**** it always feels like we end up with the weird ****. Cormani's ***ked up recruitment, and now some ***ky situation with our ****-**** OC. I just want to celebrate a great recruiting class and have the boat steady in time for spring ball. SMFH.
Don’t let these negative Nancy’s make you think things aren’t steady. Mario will have everyone excited again soon! Watch‼️

Advertisement
For those still making the argument that Gattis isn't gone, here's another QB recruit w/ no mention of him:

Advertisement
Joe Brady is interviewing for NFL OC jobs this cycle. I’d be surprised if he returns to college football anytime soon.
He wants to stay in the NFL but he’s completely overvaluing his worth. He’d be much more in demand as a college oc. He could come back to college for a couple years, making good money and have his pick of NFL oc gigs. If not HC gigs in college. He made the wrong decision last year , he didn’t bet on himself imo.

Advertisement
He wants to stay in the NFL but he’s completely overvaluing his worth. He’d be much more in demand as a college oc. He could come back to college for a couple years, making good money and have his pick of NFL oc gigs. If not HC gigs in college. He made the wrong decision last year , he didn’t bet on himself imo.
He must really hate recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back