Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My guess is that Gattis’ contract makes it not advantageous to fire him prior to the completion of year one. After completion of year one, either the buyout drops dramatically or it’s eliminated.
One post in the 580 pages someone said it’s not tied to an “Anniversary date”

OK, in all seriousness:

I know Mario learned under Nick. Nick has a habit of making sure he allows his assistants find employment elsewhere vs. firing them.

But, here’s a big difference between Saban vs. Mario: It’s real easy to push ur guys out the door, & they’ll find safe passage elsewhere when u’re coming from a program that’s arguably the best program in America (top to bottom) vs. a program that’s been perennially mediocre for 20 yrs, coming off a 5-7 season.

U’re only as good as ur last performance, so we have a lame duck coordinator who can’t recruit & created an offense than made the 1880’s Princeton Tigers blush. If he’s looking to remain as an OC, he’s going to have to drop down a level for any interest. We just saw Ponce go back to the G5 level. So if the hold up is waiting to see if Gattis gets another job, we’re going to be in a wait & see.

Here’s my issue: it’s not fair the student athletes. The season is 8 months away; why put them in a position to cram a new playbook? That chit is not cool. Plus, this **** is creating uncertainty in regards to skill position recruiting. I don’t like this drag out, don’t care what the reason is.

Advertisement
OK, in all seriousness:

I know Mario learned under Nick. Nick has a habit of making sure he allows his assistants find employment elsewhere vs. firing them.

But, here’s a big difference between Saban vs. Mario: It’s real easy to push ur guys out the door, & they’ll find safe passage elsewhere when u’re coming from a program that’s arguably the best program in America (top to bottom) vs. a program that’s been perennially mediocre for 20 yrs, coming off a 5-7 season.

U’re only as good as ur last performance, so we have a lame duck coordinator who can’t recruit & created an offense than made the 1880’s Princeton Tigers blush. If he’s looking to remain as an OC, he’s going to have to drop down a level for any interest. We just saw Ponce go back to the G5 level. So if the hold up is waiting to see if Gattis gets another job, we’re going to be in a wait & see.

Here’s my issue: it’s not fair the student athletes. The season is 8 months away; why put them in a position to cram a new playbook? That chit is not cool. Plus, this **** is creating uncertainty in regards to skill position recruiting. I don’t like this drag out, don’t care what the reason is.

All of this is fair except it’s not totally 💯 with the cramming. Sure, I’d have much rather had a new OC in December. But Clemson hired an OC last week. Bama literally doesn’t have one as we speak. There’s plenty of time to install your full system.

Just saying, if Clemson or Bama struggle on offense this year, nobody will be saying it’s because they didn’t have time to install their system. We shouldn’t be either. So I’m with you 100%, but it’s really not a disadvantage from a purely football sense to not have someone in place right now. Just hire someone soon, and make sure he’s legit.

Advertisement
All of this is fair except it’s not totally 💯 with the cramming. Sure, I’d have much rather had a new OC in December. But Clemson hired an OC last week. Bama literally doesn’t have one as we speak. There’s plenty of time to install your full system.

Just saying, if Clemson or Bama struggle on offense this year, nobody will be saying it’s because they didn’t have time to install their system. We shouldn’t be either. So I’m with you 100%, but it’s really not a disadvantage from a purely football sense to not have someone in place right now. Just hire someone soon, and make sure he’s legit.

Not disagreeing per se, but will add that TVD starts slllooooooowww and this will be his 3rd offense in 3 years…

Let’s keep it real; Dabo is as much as the playbook as any HC. Also, remember, we’re talking about a program that’s been through 3 OC’s in 4 yrs, & possibly 4 in 5. U can’t compare our situation w/ any other established programs. There’s already a system in play, which is y Bama bleeds through assistants & the machine keeps going. We? Us? Friend, we’re vying for being one of the most dysfunctional programs in the past 20 yrs.

I still don’t know what our identity is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
By the looks of this thread, To make the eventual Arroyo hire more palatable to the fan base
Bring in Arroyo with Coley in some onfield capacity and stack blue chips for a couple of years. The man went 12-2 with a Rose Bowl win, a final top 6 ranking and (in a different year) beat a more talented OSU* team AT The Shoe.

I'd love to be great at the OC position, but if we're simply adequate, we should win 9 games in the ACC sleepwalking.

Stack talent like crazy and in 2 years, with adequate playcalling, we should be a legitimate top 10 team. Love to have Wake's OC, but it makes too much **** sense, so just get Arroyo and Coley, and let's build the machine already!

so just get Arroyo and Coley, let's build the machine already!

7E6B6EE2-0535-406E-B15D-FCC7DA471EEB.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back