Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Show me one OC that's coached and developed more quality QBs in the last 17yrs....you can't. Took the FIU job only because wife has family in S. Fl..
Go Google David Yost...then Holler back.

Bro just the one coach who was mentioned in the post has a better track record. Not to mention the other hundreds of coaches around the country being compared to him.

Dan Mullen has coached the #1 pick in the NFL draft/multi-year starter in the NFL, a Heisman trophy winner/2-time National Champion, a fourth-round pick who is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys and one of the highest paid players in the sport, a 2nd round NFL pick who should be starting for the Bucs in 2023, and I believe Nick Fitzgerald was the leading rusher for QBs in the history of the SEC when he was done in Starkville. And that's just off the top of my head. Yost can't even come close to that, and again that's literally just compared against the one dude who was mentioned in your post. There are plenty of other guys who have much better track records than Yost. And for the record I like him, but we can't just say crazy **** around here, unless your name is KrazyCaneInOrlando.

Iā€™m rolling with the entirely possible gattis is fired and the immediate buyout was not authorized by athletics. In that case, Marioā€™s hands are tied

Going to be a lot of disappointed people around here is all I'm going to say.

Lets just call it this way. A Broyles award winner is 1 year removed from his historic year. Goes to a team who we as fans have openly admitted that the talent sucks (so did the coaching), and now we have added pieces to make that team not suck.

Adding concepts to a playbook, instead of relearning a whole new playbook may also be a better way to progress as well. Especially since the playbook should be engraved in your brain now if you had it last year.

You have a QB who stayed and is willing to learn this offense (even though it killed his draft stock) for a reason.

As bad as the coaching was, the players were just as bad. TVD left a lot on the field. Our O-line left a lot on the field. Our Rb's left a lot on the field.

Gattis has room to grow as an OC, just as MC does as a HC.

Do I want a new OC because of last season? Yes
Do I think I am overreacting a bit because of all the hype (even though Mario beat in our heads to not get hyped)? Yes
Gattis is done at UM....Lol at lot's of disappointed people.

Advertisement
Bro just the one coach who was mentioned in the post has a better track record. Not to mention the other hundreds of coaches around the country being compared to him.

Dan Mullen has coached the #1 pick in the NFL draft/multi-year starter in the NFL, a Heisman trophy winner/2-time National Champion, a fourth-round pick who is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys and one of the highest paid players in the sport, a 2nd round NFL pick who should be starting for the Bucs in 2023, and I believe Nick Fitzgerald was the leading rusher for QBs in the history of the SEC when he was done in Starkville. And that's just off the top of my head. Yost can't even come close to that, and again that's literally just compared against the one dude who was mentioned in your post. There are plenty of other guys who have much better track records than Yost. And for the record I like him, but we can't just say crazy **** around here, unless your name is KrazyCaneInOrlando.
Again....
Herbert
Gabbert
Brad Smith
Chase Daniels
Jordan Love

I said it because I 100% know heā€™s done. Heā€™s been done. Itā€™s dragging out for a reason and youā€˜ll know why eventually.
Itā€™s either money owed or accusing Miami of a wrongful termination

It was assumed he was going to find a job somewhere else. (No such luck yet)

He is not going to accept or take a job that's lesser than what he has here, no matter how bad we want that to be. (Pedo State)

He will bend the knee to Mario and come back with a different approach before he does that.

This is one of those cases where his resume had him thinking he was the only sheriff in town. Clashed with certain members of the staff throughout the year.

I think he may come back humbled and less willing to blame everyone, but himself.

He's not an untouchable hire at the moment, but there is a reason teams aren't beating down the door for him (and they would be for any OC with his resume).
Bruhā€¦ he has nowhere to come running, too. He canā€™t ā€œbend the kneeā€ to Mario. Heā€™s either leaving or getting fired. Whatever the case, he wonā€™t be back calling plays in Coral Gables, next season. The insiders have spoken. If youā€™re not understanding that, then youā€™re just doing it to be difficult.

Advertisement
There are 0.0 humans on planet Earth who would tell you David Yost is the premier college football quarterbacks coach of the past 15 years. Literally not a soul. Thatā€™s absolutely outrageous.

Yost is a fine coordinator. I know heā€™s been a darling on this board for a long time. Heā€™s had some pretty solid success and been at it a while now. But that is simply blasphemous. The premier college football QB coach over a decade and a half isnā€™t coaching at FIU. Stop it.
Lincoln Riley though The HC

Again....
Herbert
Gabbert
Brad Smith
Chase Daniels
Jordan Love

LMAO you cannot be serious.

And he was only at Oregon for Herbert's freshman year, where I don't believe he even started until midseason or thereabouts?

Yost is a very good coach. He is not the best QB coach in the world in the last 15 years. This board is shot the **** out all the time, but we gotta keep it real from time to time.

Advertisement
Using that logic we should keep Gattis because Van Dyke was hurt/missed 5 games along with most of the o-line.

Seriously....I can't say Tyler Van Dyke? Is this part of the new updates?
You have to go into your profile and uncheck the profanity filter. Itā€™s a blocked word as crazy as it ends up being given that our QBs name is a lesbiaƱ slur.

Advertisement
If a coach only has a track record of ā€œdevelopingā€ one qb over his entire career, im Not going to say hes suddenly responsible for making a guy into a top 10 pick. Two is the start of a pattern, or you have guys like Mullen who have coached and or recruited multiple nfl caliber qbā€™s.
Thatā€™s fine but thatā€™s not the bar being cleared here. People started attacking Mario and arguing that he DIDNT develop Herbert when Herbertā€™s history of being drafted and performance shown otherwise. There is a distinct difference between ā€˜Mario develops QBsā€™ and ā€˜Mario didnā€™t develop Herbertā€™. He most certainly did develop Herbert but the former statement remains to be fulfilled as there is no pattern yet.

Last edited:
Itā€™s either money owed or accusing Miami of a wrongful termination
Matt, on Canesport, insists that it is simply UM giving Gattis the opportunity to find another job and that if he can't THEY believe that UM will demote Gattis to WR/Co Oc and bring in another OC/QB coach. That to me seems like a no win for anybody as Gattis has a horrible relationship with the staff, roster and local HS coaches. Matt also commented that "apparently Garcia left due to the ongoing delays with Gattis and confirmation of a new OC".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back