Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors are going to start leaking about Gattis. This thread going to be a lot of fun for weeks to come,
Hold On GIF
Weeks??? So it’s getting dragged out til a date certain?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve been saying for a year if Miami hired Dan Mullen to coordinate the offense I would have to go the the ER. **** a 4 hour erection, I’d be going on 4 months.
Right there with u. Mullen is the hire to make. He’s the best OC available but who knows if Dan is ready to come off the TV Set yet

Yeah, and that 2017 statistic might, juuust miiiiight, be impacted by the fact that Herbert missed 5 games, of which Oregon lost 4 of them.

Maybe that 2017 number is higher if he had Herbert for ALL of that year.

Herbert had great numbers all 3 years, and the team got better every year. Yeah, but we should be focused on an awful 2016 team that went 4-8 team with a great offense and a terrible defense.

Again, the coaches' jobs are to win games, not to maximize one player's draft position or stats.

I can't believe anyone would argue for "the #9 offense" and a 4-8 team over "the #19 offense" and a 12-2 team.
Thanks for putting the whole story out for the masses to digest. So ask the question…. Would we cane fans rather have the #9 offense in the nation and finish 4-8… or have the number 41st offense and finish 12-2. I know which one I’m choosing….. and it **** sure not 4-8!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
While Herbert didn't play as a freshman, I'm still willing to consider Yost. After all, he was a Broyles Semi-finalist in 2018...

He wouldn't even have to buy a new house, right?
@TheOriginalCane , Incorrect....Herbert became the starter as a Frosh at Oregon after the 5th game. And I couldn't care less about the Broyles Award. Yost's body of work everywhere he's been speaks for itself. Up-tempo Offense is his trademark. He's acknowledged as the Premier CFB QB coach the last 15yrs. He's coached and developed more quality CFB QBs than Mullen.

Last edited:
@TheOriginalCane , Incorrect....Herbert became the starter as a Frosh at Oregon after the 5th game. And I couldn't care less about the Broyles Award. Yost's body of work everywhere he's been speaks for itself. Up-tempo Offense is his trademark. He's acknowledged as the Premier CFB QB coach the last 15yrs. He's coached and developed more quality CFB QBs than Mullen.

There are 0.0 humans on planet Earth who would tell you David Yost is the premier college football quarterbacks coach of the past 15 years. Literally not a soul. That’s absolutely outrageous.

Yost is a fine coordinator. I know he’s been a darling on this board for a long time. He’s had some pretty solid success and been at it a while now. But that is simply blasphemous. The premier college football QB coach over a decade and a half isn’t coaching at FIU. Stop it.

Advertisement
Going to be a lot of disappointed people around here is all I'm going to say.

Lets just call it this way. A Broyles award winner is 1 year removed from his historic year. Goes to a team who we as fans have openly admitted that the talent sucks (so did the coaching), and now we have added pieces to make that team not suck.

Adding concepts to a playbook, instead of relearning a whole new playbook may also be a better way to progress as well. Especially since the playbook should be engraved in your brain now if you had it last year.

You have a QB who stayed and is willing to learn this offense (even though it killed his draft stock) for a reason.

As bad as the coaching was, the players were just as bad. TVD left a lot on the field. Our O-line left a lot on the field. Our Rb's left a lot on the field.

Gattis has room to grow as an OC, just as MC does as a HC.

Do I want a new OC because of last season? Yes
Do I think I am overreacting a bit because of all the hype (even though Mario beat in our heads to not get hyped)? Yes

Going to be a lot of disappointed people around here is all I'm going to say.

Lets just call it this way. A Broyles award winner is 1 year removed from his historic year. Goes to a team who we as fans have openly admitted that the talent sucks (so did the coaching), and now we have added pieces to make that team not suck.

Adding concepts to a playbook, instead of relearning a whole new playbook may also be a better way to progress as well. Especially since the playbook should be engraved in your brain now if you had it last year.

You have a QB who stayed and is willing to learn this offense (even though it killed his draft stock) for a reason.

As bad as the coaching was, the players were just as bad. TVD left a lot on the field. Our O-line left a lot on the field. Our Rb's left a lot on the field.

Gattis has room to grow as an OC, just as MC does as a HC.

Do I want a new OC because of last season? Yes
Do I think I am overreacting a bit because of all the hype (even though Mario beat in our heads to not get hyped)? Yes
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back