Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be the most "Miami" thing ever, to put that type of power in the employees hand. Sometimes this University doesn't seem to be able to get out of it's own way. I hate to say it, but my gut is telling me that we'll be right back here next year looking for yet another OC.
Hope not on all accounts. Lol. I am curious as to what the holdup was.

Advertisement
I know I've been negative lately (apparently not negative enough to make the mope of the year ballot though), but I'm going to do something positive and try to get everyone hyped for Arroyo.
Video Games Clap GIF by Call of Duty League

It might be a little unfair that Marcus Arroyo appears on this list, but when the former offensive coordinator took the head coaching job at UNLV, no one in Eugene shed a tear. In his three seasons at Oregon, the Ducks went 26-12 and won the 2020 Rose Bowl. But there were several times where the offense was stagnant, even with Justin Herbert at quarterback and a lot of people felt the playcalling under Arroyo was questionable at best. Herbert had Heisman Trophy talent, but it seemed like he was handcuffed in Arroyo's offense, despite the overall success."

Consider that Arroyo, who prior to taking the Oregon OC position was virtually and vocally (and for a long time as stated in many interviews) in love with the pistol offense. He then proceeded to install the very same offense at UNLV and well... you've seen the results.

From oregon writers. Sound familiar?

This is what you do. You go find what some other school's writer said, and then act like it's a proven fact.

UNLV has been one of the worst Division I programs for decades. Since joining the Big West in 1988, UNLV has had EXACTLY THREE winning seasons:

1994: 7-5
2000: 8-5 (coached by John Robinson)
2013: 7-6

And Arroyo got them close to a winning record (5-7) in his third season. I'm not saying Arroyo is the best coach ever, but if UNLV had its 5th highest wins total in 35 years in Arroyo's 3rd year, maybe he was actually doing something right.

So, yeah, I could care less what some Oregon writer has to say.

Advertisement
This is what you do. You go find what some other school's writer said, and then act like it's a proven fact.

UNLV has been one of the worst Division I programs for decades. Since joining the Big West in 1988, UNLV has had EXACTLY THREE winning seasons:

And Arroyo got them close to a winning record (5-7) in his third season. I'm not saying Arroyo is the best coach ever, but if UNLV had its 5th highest wins total in 35 years in Arroyo's 3rd year, maybe he was actually doing something right.

they watch a lot more oregon than we watch oregon so there is gonna be something to gain from there (same as the michigan writers about their criticisms of gattis). its not the end all be all but it is a more informed opinion esp if its a consensus.

It’s clear as day nobody on here wants Arroyo. If that’s the best Mario can do, he may as well quit, because we ain’t winning Jack **** with that dude as OC

Why pay 7 figures to get rid of a guy when you can not pay 7 figures and get rid of a guy? 7 figures is still 7 figures than can be spent elsewhere.

Patience is a virtue.

I know I've been negative lately (apparently not negative enough to make the mope of the year ballot though), but I'm going to do something positive and try to get everyone hyped for Arroyo.
Isn't that a Louisville Cheerleader?

Didn't make the ballet because your mopiness began after Jan. 1. Keep it up and there is a ballot spot just waiting for you next year! Keep your chin(s) up!! LOL

Advertisement

UNLOLV hasn’t been relevant since the Ickey Woods days.

they watch a lot more oregon than we watch oregon so there is gonna be something to gain from there (same as the michigan writers about their criticisms of gattis). its not the end all be all but it is a more informed opinion esp if its a consensus.

And if they said it "5 minutes after Arroyo left", that would be one thing. But that was clearly written recently, based on the "UNLV" taunt at the end.

It's easy to look like Nostradamus three years later.

Same as the "Oregon was clearly holding back Justin Herbert because he has been awesome for three years in the NFL" is.

Again, Arroyo's offenses scored points. At a high rate, compared to the rest of the NCAA. Does that mean Arroyo deserves a bronze statue? No, but I'm still not seeing why Arroyo is some kind of disaster hire, regardless of whether stats nerds think that Justin Herbert should have thrown the ball more as a senior.

Three years from now, I'd rather have an OC who moves on to take a head-coaching job after 3 years of Top 25 scoring offenses, as opposed to an OC who requires legal action to remove him from the premises after 11 horrible months.

And if they said it "5 minutes after Arroyo left", that would be one thing. But that was clearly written recently, based on the "UNLV" taunt at the end.

Same as the "Oregon was clearly holding back Justin Herbert because he has been awesome for three years in the NFL" is.

Again, Arroyo's offenses scored points. At a high rate, compared to the rest of the NCAA. Does that mean Arroyo deserves a bronze statue? No, but I'm still not seeing why Arroyo is some kind of disaster hire, regardless of whether stats nerds think that Justin Herbert should have thrown the ball more as a senior.

Three years from now, I'd rather have an OC who moves on to take a head-coaching job after 3 years of Top 25 scoring offenses, as opposed to an OC who requires legal action to remove him from the premises after 11 horrible months.
He worked under Mike Gundy and Todd Monken…. Two well respected coaches. He worked his way up to getting a HC gig which is more than Gattis can ever say.

If we’re going that route I’d rather have Littrell

But Arroyo is being treated like Ponce

Advertisement
Yeah this is their window right now. And as much as I think Lamar should get paid, it would be dumb for the ravens to sign him long term. They aren’t going to get better once they overpay him.
Lamar's problem is he excels at running and making a lot out of nothing. Unfortunately, those are the very same things that greatly reduce the odds of playing the season and being available when you really need him.

I'm all for Arroyo if Mario can make the necessary fire of Gattis and then a quick hire.

Advertisement

Arroyo would be a Disastrous hire...more of the same Mario ineptitude. You mean to tell me we've waited 2 months after a 5-7 season with a Historical bad offensive system, and the best we can do is Arroyo??....

Lmao. This is what you do. You argue against FACTS. Which is hilarious to watch.

Arroyo is a horrible offensive coach. He was fired from a program in year 3. 3! 3! I repeat 3. The program thst you said has sucked for decades thought he sucked bad enough to fire him before he even recruited 4 years.

You dont have to care what a oregon writer says but that writer is MUCH MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE than you are.

Larry Blustein is senile

Said the next OC that Mario finds will have to adopt and adjust to the Gattis system already in place

Gtfo….. why he is respected is beyond me
Say what? New OC adjusting/adopting to old OC? Sounds like something Gattis shoulda done but does that ever happen? What’s the point of a hiring a new OC if they’re adjusting to the old, especially adjusting to last in every category of offense. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back