Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when you get paid 80 million to make the hires, then you can pick Mullen.

But nobody at Miami currently is going to do so.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. When you look at Miami’s track record for hiring ultra successful, accomplished and talented football coaches, there is a clear pattern for sure.

Advertisement
Have to disagree, i think he'd be an amazing hire. I can handle some ******* if you're amazing at your job, we have ******** who are also completely incompetent. Obviously, you'd want an amazing coach who is also a good person but there aren't many of those. If i could choose Mullen or wait and see who Mario picks, I pick Mullen every single time

Makes sense to me. Counterpoint in short: Mario isn’t alpha enough to handle another toxic prick like Mullen after failing to recognize a toxic prick like Gattis…👀

OK, whatever, you keep believing whatever any hack at The Athletic writes...

I don't care if he's "known Harbaugh for a long time", he coached HIGH SCHOOL for the better part of 30 years. "He wanted to be a heach coach and was finally given the opportunity"? Huh? He spent a year-and-a-half at Michigan. AND THAT'S THE POINT. He got out as fast as he possibly could, to a job that is nothing special (Charlotte). If he stayed at Michigan and had a few more good years, he could have far better opportunities. Nobody else was giving a 30 year HS coach a job except for a close friend, and I understand that dynamic. I'm not faulting Poggi for it.

I just laugh at this lifelong pursuit of a college head coaching job by spending 30 years coaching at the high school level. Some dream, all right...
Yes, the article written before he left (by a Cane alum and author of Cane Mutiny) that talks about how Poggi who had previously worked with Harbaugh and came back to work with him again, that talks about how Poggi interviewed for a head coaching job the previous year and states that he wants a head coaching job is all a preemptive elaborate story to cover up that he was going to leave Michigan b/c they have issues.

Advertisement
Are you suggesting Gattis wasn't Neanderthal ball?

I’m suggesting a large percentage of this board doesn’t understand what they watch on Saturdays. If they watch at all.

And I’m not defending Gattis in any capacity. He is deservedly being jettisoned after 1 season, which normally I wouldn’t advocate. But that performance was inexcusable, even when you take everything into consideration.

Gattis was hired in February of last year, right? Maybe it’s as simple as waiting for Year 1 to conclude and execute a termination clause?

We’ll see…

So we have to wait two more weeks?

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

Advertisement
Yes, the article written before he left (by a Cane alum and author of Cane Mutiny) that talks about how Poggi who had previously worked with Harbaugh and came back to work with him again, that talks about how Poggi interviewed for a head coaching job the previous year and states that he wants a head coaching job is all a preemptive elaborate story to cover up that he was going to leave Michigan b/c they have issues.

Look, Bruce can write whatever he wants, and whatever he was told.

But if Poggi is ACTUALLY interviewing for a head-coaching job a year earlier, that means he was going to leave Michigan after 6 months.

And think about what that means. He saw enough to GTFO of Ann Arbor as quick as he could.

What good college program gives a head coaching job to a guy with 6 months of recent college experience (and 30 years of HS experience)? Besides Notre Dame in the 1980s? Come on, now...

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
First, that was before Mullet became a head coach.

Second, if you think that Urban and Mario have the same power-base of accomplishments...whatever...

I’m not going to pass up hiring a man with Mullen’s resume and results because I think our HC can’t handle him. It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Maybe Mario needs a little ego to push back on his offensive demands.

Advertisement
I’m not going to pass up hiring a man with Mullen’s resume and results because I think our HC can’t handle him. It’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Maybe Mario needs a little ego to push back on his offensive demands.

AND YOU'RE NOT HIRING ANYONE.

What do you degenerate Mullet ball-gobblers want people to say, do you want us to lie to your faces and tell you there's a chance?

Grow up.

So Gattis hasn’t been actively recruiting anyone and apparently hasn’t even been on campus in weeks. At this point we all know he’s gone but I’d really like to know what the holdup is. It’s not about my personal timeline but more about how this is holding up not only recruiting but the hiring process for a new OC. Why wait until half the field has new jobs to start interviewing people?

Recruiting for 2024 wrs still ways to go. I am sure he'll be gone in time to recruit next year's class.

Mario obviously sacrificing short term for long term. We have a lot of premature ejaculators posting on here.

Recruiting for 2024 wrs still ways to go. I am sure he'll be gone in time to recruit next year's class.

Mario obviously sacrificing short term for long term. We have a lot of premature ejaculators posting on here.
It's perfectly reasonable for us fans to be upset that this is dragging out so long, for whatever the reasons. Are there going to be any other coordinator firings for football reasons that happen later than this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back