Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven’t been able to figure this issue out for going on 2 months?
The Office Thank You GIF

Advertisement
Brother, Im starting to get to where my day feels a little incomplete unless you tell me Gattis is staying. Dont quit on me now. You've anchored hard in the paint for this...you and my boy @stormbrewing I thought @JimmyJohnsonsHair was going to hang in there with you 2, but that guy has covered every square on the checkerboard, so no matter what happens, he will say he was right.

Once Gattis is gone, we back on the same side and happy

...but for now

Baby Hat GIF
:LOL: Honestly, for me it's not about being right or wrong or trying to play both sides. I'm not going to gloat or call anyone out. I genuinely do not know what to believe at this point because the situation is so weird to me. I still feel like he'll be gone given the complete ineptitude of our offense last season but with every day that goes by I worry that it's because Mario is stubborn and/or has a completely different perception than the fanbase.

Advertisement
Is there any way to get a good quality QB coach/ pass game coordinator and have them split the OC duties if Gattis is retained. I want the dude gone ASAP. But if money is the issue and Gattis is stubborn to not negotiate a buyout. Then the only choice is to kill his image by taking play calling away from him for the year then pink slip as soon as his contract up. Would be a waste of staff space but essentially LSU did this with Joe Brady.
Except Brady wasn't OC , Steve Ensminger was... Brady was Passing Game Coordinator and WR Coach.... Brady handled most of the Red Zone play calls that year and other packages that Ensminger had in place for him.... Not sure where your comparison fits....

Advertisement
Except Brady wasn't OC , Steve Ensminger was... Brady was Passing Game Coordinator and WR Coach.... Brady handled most of the Red Zone play calls that year and other packages that Ensminger had in place for him.... Not sure where your comparison fits....
He was brought in to help modernize and scheme up a dead offense.

He was brought in to help modernize and scheme up a dead offense.
The way you wrote it comes across differently than what I think you want it to mean... Read like you were inferring Brady was the OC...

The more I think about it, there’s no way Miami is paying gattis on behalf of Michigan. Michigan doesn’t owe him anything if he willingly leaves and takes a Different job. If they fired him, there could be a remote possibility they owed him something on top of the Miami salary…

But we had Rashada until pretty late in the process and he is considered nationally to be a top QB recruit. We didnt lose him because of OC issues, we lost him because he and his family decided to do some unrealistic bag chasing late in the process, and got burned for it. Yes, its possible we could have flipped Moore or some other high level QB recruit that late in the game if we had an OC that didnt suck, but the likelihood of doing so that late is probably pretty low. As for WR, definitely an issue.
yeah we def could've had a shot at Moore (UCLA flipped him on ESD)

Advertisement
Lmao, i know we know each other in real life which is crazy since we're from Montana. I'll DM you my name at some point. I need to assess how much dumb **** I've posted on here first though haha.
The whole state is 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon lol. If we don’t know each other personally, I guarantee we know a few of the same people in Billings lol

Brother, Im starting to get to where my day feels a little incomplete unless you tell me Gattis is staying. Dont quit on me now. You've anchored hard in the paint for this...you and my boy @stormbrewing I thought @JimmyJohnsonsHair was going to hang in there with you 2, but that guy has covered every square on the checkerboard, so no matter what happens, he will say he was right.

Once Gattis is gone, we back on the same side and happy

...but for now

Baby Hat GIF
I want the dude gone, just hate that it goes thru all the BS. Hope all the talking heads right and he outta here. But my god, not looking good

Advertisement
The way you wrote it comes across differently than what I think you want it to mean... Read like you were inferring Brady was the OC...
I know Brady got the condensed packages and red zone. But the offense thrived in those packages so he got the lion share of the offense. And he was heavy in the schemes. But Gattis strong suit is not scheme and pace. We need an infusion if he isn't let go. Don't know who would want to work with him. But Mario is the boss so he need to boss up and stop being afraid to hurt dude feelings. Gattis a grown man making grown man money. Produce or get replaced.

The more I think about it, there’s no way Miami is paying gattis on behalf of Michigan. Michigan doesn’t owe him anything if he willingly leaves and takes a Different job. If they fired him, there could be a remote possibility they owed him something on top of the Miami salary…

I’ve had contacts give me info that didn’t turn out to be true.

I’m not trying to call out any poster, all I’m saying is that, we should all think objectively and try to deduce fact vs. fiction in this game of “telephone” info sharing

Meaning I’m with you and not believing this contract snag with Gattis has anything to do with his Michigan contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back