Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is our OC going to be??

............. I know for a fact y'all don't want me to tell him.

I will if you guys are feeling brave today tho....

Brother, Im starting to get to where my day feels a little incomplete unless you tell me Gattis is staying. Dont quit on me now. You've anchored hard in the paint for this...you and my boy @stormbrewing I thought @JimmyJohnsonsHair was going to hang in there with you 2, but that guy has covered every square on the checkerboard, so no matter what happens, he will say he was right.

Once Gattis is gone, we back on the same side and happy

...but for now

Baby Hat GIF

Advertisement
oh there’s other stuff not related to football going on. Ok didn’t know that.
yeah they put him on leave a few days ago when the cops announced their investigation. apparnetly there was unauthorized access into university email accounts that stemmed from the athletic offices and when UMich PD investigated, it was enough to consider it criminal. im assuming hes gonna get formally charged here

Advertisement
There are a ton of high level recruits coming in this weekend. Some of which have mentioned Gattis in their visiting tweets. Noting is going to happen that will distract from this event.
Wouldn't you want to have a splash hire at OC right beforehand? Wouldn't that create excitement for offensive recruits?

we know it's about buyout n money. u don't want to coddle these players but coddles grown *** coaches to find a job before he mutual part ways! fire his *** go get the money u offer the recruit n pass it on to gattis! cya

Advertisement
I don’t know maybe. Bottom line is we didn’t land a top 10 qb. Is Emory a 3 star??? Stars have to matter to some degree in this type of conversation. I think there were opportunities with Dante Moore were we positioned with the right OC. I think with that it could have opened up WR opportunities with ****ey and Innis.

It is my belief that had we dropped Gattis in November or so and replaced him with a @Memnon - approved OC, we have a top 3 or 4 class right now even without Cormani.
But we had Rashada until pretty late in the process and he is considered nationally to be a top QB recruit. We didnt lose him because of OC issues, we lost him because he and his family decided to do some unrealistic bag chasing late in the process, and got burned for it. Yes, its possible we could have flipped Moore or some other high level QB recruit that late in the game if we had an OC that didnt suck, but the likelihood of doing so that late is probably pretty low. As for WR, definitely an issue.

Imagine leading the worst performing dept in the entire company, coming off the worst KPIs in the last 3 decades and not only not being termed, you’re basically on paid leave until you can find a soft landing. Must be nice
Don’t forget that the CEO is also having you be a part of bringing in the next wave of new hire talent

If he plays hardball, then go with my scenario. At least now he has a chance at redemption. A year of being stored in a broom closet because he wouldn't negotiate a million dollar buyout will do a lot more damage to his income long term than just accepting a lower buyout.

Shelves will be empty when Cristobal finally decides to go shopping for an OC. Fully expect we'll get a update at the end of February that says "Miami was 100% going to fire Gattis so that info was accurate, but the buyout negotiation dragged on so long that Cristobal didn't have any other OC options available and had to bring Gattis back." UM will then end up giving Gattis an extension to smooth over any hurt feelings.

Shelves will be empty when Cristobal finally decides to go shopping for an OC. Fully expect we'll get a update at the end of February that says "Miami was 100% going to fire Gattis so that info was accurate, but the buyout negotiation dragged on so long that Cristobal didn't have any other OC options available and had to bring Gattis back." UM will then end up giving Gattis an extension to smooth over any hurt feelings.
This is such a narrow-minded approach. If you think you can only hire an OC that isn’t currently employed by another school, I have some beachfront property in Iowa to sell you.

Advertisement
Unless they've already got a deal in place.

So like Weiss, Gattis had to have had a morality clause correct?

A morality clause is a provision within a contract which is proscribed to prohibit certain behavior that may damage the schools reputation.

I'm pretty sure that his entire year of *** playing calling has harmed the schools reputation.

Advertisement
Brother, Im starting to get to where my day feels a little incomplete unless you tell me Gattis is staying. Dont quit on me now. You've anchored hard in the paint for this...you and my boy @stormbrewing I thought @JimmyJohnsonsHair was going to hang in there with you 2, but that guy has covered every square on the checkerboard, so no matter what happens, he will say he was right.

Once Gattis is gone, we back on the same side and happy

...but for now

Baby Hat GIF
Lmao... Yeah I kinda sorta cooled it off a bit. Just want to give y'all a few days to breathe. You guys already have it hard enough still believing that he's not returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back