Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lanning literally went out and grabbed two new WRs, new RBs, and a new QB that all played over marios guys. i mean look we can make excuses, but its plain as day that mario failed on his own right in hiring a staff likely w being firm on him hiring the assistants

I’d argue that Miami’s ineptitude on the offensive and defensive lines were as big a cause for the season we had than anything else. I don’t think Oregon had that problem. Wonder why.

Advertisement
Moore was named Co-OC with Gattis his final year and WEiss was promoted to QBC. WEiss became the CO-OC when Gattis left.

the offense struggled the first 2 years w gattis as sole OC and harbaugh restructured his staff gattis final season including adding a Co-OC.
Not to mention Harbaugh also had to add "culture expert" Biff Poggi whose first task was to help the rest of the staff get along with Gattis. So Gattis needed help both on and off the field in order for Michigan to succeed with him.

Shea Tierney is a name that makes a ton of sense, and likely why the move hasn't been made yet. NFL guy, former Bama staffer with Mario, worked under Dorsey and now with Daboll, who was also at Bama.

Daniel Jones just had the best season of his career under him and Daboll and TVD has a similar makeup and skill set if his talents are ever utilized correctly. Mario has made no secret that he wants to model Miami like Alabama and Georgia and both of those programs had NFL guys coordinating their offenses this year, albeit, Tierney is far more of an upstart compared to BOB and Monken.

Woudn't be my first choice necessarily but can see the vision for sure.

I know it didn't surprise you one bit, nor anyone on this board, because everyone on this board knows more than the people who do this for a living. We all know that. But it surprised MANY people who actually follow the sport nationally, who talk to people who know those in the coaching fraternity...people who wrote articles ad nauseum about how great this guy was, how he's on the fast track to success, how lucky we are to get him.

And he gets here and not only does he not do a good job, which I guess I could live with, but he's an abrasive personality, he clashes with every and anyone, he's standoffish, he doesn't recruit...it's like he was a completely different person than anyone reported on before he got here. James Franklin hired him, Nick Saban hired him, Jim Harbaugh hired him, he didn't sabotage those programs or torch them with negativity, yet when he gets here, he's an unmitigated disaster in every single capacity, both personally and professionally? Again, I just cannot figure out how this happens to Miami and nobody else. And it's not a Mario thing, either.
I think the only unexplainable thing is who nominated him for the Broyles because I think your school has to nominate you. I can only assume they were like “here’s the credit you want so badly so shut up about it already. I hope it takes you places”

Shea Tierney is a name that makes a ton of sense, and likely why the move hasn't been made yet. NFL guy, former Bama staffer with Mario, worked under Dorsey and now with Daboll, who was also at Bama.

Daniel Jones just had the best season of his career under him and Daboll and TVD has a similar makeup and skill set if his talents are ever utilized correctly. Mario has made no secret that he wants to model Miami like Alabama and Georgia and both of those programs had NFL guys coordinating their offenses this year, albeit, Tierney is far more of an upstart compared to BOB and Monken.

Woudn't be my first choice necessarily but can see the vision for sure.
Giants are still playing

Advertisement
1DE6B06C-A97E-4EBA-9254-175D4131A5FC.jpeg

lanning literally went out and grabbed two new WRs, new RBs, and a new QB that all played over marios guys. i mean look we can make excuses, but its plain as day that mario failed on his own right in hiring a staff likely w being firm on him hiring the assistants
They had a top 5 offensive line in the country. Your broader point is correct about Mario. He made some **** poor choices in his staff. But it’s not like Lanning walked into a terrible situation and waved a wand and fixed everything.

Advertisement
So here’s a novel idea. Every insult @SinisterCane threw was a counterpunch. The insults thrown by @TheOriginalCane , @OrangeBowlMagic and @GrozDozer were all 1st blood insults so those three got infractions and thread bans and @SinisterCane skates free with nada. Unfortunately for Groz he had a couple points so the system kicked him for the week.

For all of you that draw 1st blood and then cry at the counterattack, or 3rd parties who report the counterattack, that’s the risk you/they take and what you/they get when you go down the aggressor’s path.

Advertisement
So here’s a novel idea. Every insult @SinisterCane threw was a counterpunch. The insults thrown by @TheOriginalCane , @OrangeBowlMagic and @GrozDozer were all 1st blood insults so those three got infractions and thread and and @SinisterCane skates free with nada. Unfortunately for Groz he had a couple points so the system kicked him for the week.

For all of you that draw 1st blood and then cry at the counterattack, or 3rd parties who report the counterattack, that’s the risk you/they take and what you/they get when you go down the aggressor’s path.
Id like to think nobody actually reported anyone or cried, right?

So here’s a novel idea. Every insult @SinisterCane threw was a counterpunch. The insults thrown by @TheOriginalCane , @OrangeBowlMagic and @GrozDozer were all 1st blood insults so those three got infractions and thread and and @SinisterCane skates free with nada. Unfortunately for Groz he had a couple points so the system kicked him for the week.

boom smile GIF

Advertisement

Thanks, thread was getting a little out of hand, I'm all for a good show and some classic ribbing but it wasn't even entertaining 😂

Good explanation. Idk where this happened at but it was well explained regardless lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back