Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He runs the plodding pistol offense that would drive us crazy. His offenses at Oregon were pretty 'meh' despite having Herbert and a terrific OL. His offense at UNLV was 85th in scoring against FBS opponents. He may not be as bad as we fear but we can and should do better.

Offenses were on the way up while he was there. Obv that coincides with Herbert's maturity.

Advertisement
Dennis Smith must really hate Gattis.
C2455A00-9AD1-401D-9F93-CC63BA44B8A5.jpeg

Advertisement
This guy won the Broyles Award. Coached at majorly prestigious programs. Continued to ascend from position coach, to coordinator, etc. I know there were some things at Michigan that were not all roses, but by all accounts, this dude was a rising star in the coaching profession. I read article after article when he was hired about how we'd be lucky to keep him for 2 years, that he's a shoe-in to be a college head coach, raving about his leadership skills, etc.

And he gets here, and in 1 year, he's a complete loser? He walked in the door and became an immediate pulsing malignant tumor with zero tangible skills and completely bombed? How is that even possible? It's not like Mario is the only guy who'd have hired this dude. Again, I read he'd have endless opportunities once he left Michigan, but the allure of Miami (aka the massive contract) pulled him from where he was comfortable and again accelerated his rapidly soaring career. And in 1 year, he's a fraud and a loser and needs to be shot into the sun?

Are we really just this unlucky? Look at the list of Broyles Award winners for the past 10 or so years. They're all HC's, essentially. Pat Narduzzi, Tom Herman, Lincoln Riley, Brent Venables, Tony Elliott, Mike Locksley, Steve Sarkisian. Kirby Smart won it, Gus Malzahn won it. But the guy who we poach off the list is a fraud? How the **** is this possible? How ******* cursed is this program?

Advertisement
This guy won the Broyles Award. Coached at majorly prestigious programs. Continued to ascend from position coach, to coordinator, etc. I know there were some things at Michigan that were not all roses, but by all accounts, this dude was a rising star in the coaching profession. I read article after article when he was hired about how we'd be lucky to keep him for 2 years, that he's a shoe-in to be a college head coach, raving about his leadership skills, etc.

And he gets here, and in 1 year, he's a complete loser? He walked in the door and became an immediate pulsing malignant tumor with zero tangible skills and completely bombed? How is that even possible? It's not like Mario is the only guy who'd have hired this dude. Again, I read he'd have endless opportunities once he left Michigan, but the allure of Miami (aka the massive contract) pulled him from where he was comfortable and again accelerated his rapidly soaring career. And in 1 year, he's a fraud and a loser and needs to be shot into the sun?

Are we really just this unlucky? Look at the list of Broyles Award winners for the past 10 or so years. They're all HC's, essentially. Pat Narduzzi, Tom Herman, Lincoln Riley, Brent Venables, Tony Elliott, Mike Locksley, Steve Sarkisian. Kirby Smart won it, Gus Malzahn won it. But the guy who we poach off the list is a fraud? How the **** is this possible? How ******* cursed is this program?
We had a lot of injuries and the players who didn't execute well. Gattis didn't/couldn't account for that. The relationship is now damaged to the point where he'll fall on his sword and move on. We'll find out later on if he was better than we credited him.

saw some inexplicable things that are hard to blame on anyone but him.

Advertisement

I know you’re half joking but we are past all of this

Gattis will be gone very very soon.

The beauty of tape is that it can’t be manipulated by motives. Gattis’ dogsh!t scheme and playcalling are his cross to bear… along with his reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back