Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Still not sure how Belichek thought that would be agood idea. The first time I saw Patricia was the one calling the offensive plays I was like WTF.
I think Belichick couldn't get O'Brien because he promised Saban to stay for that final year.

Thats why he turned to former assistants whom he trusts. Backfired completely. Patricia had... instances where I felt that he does a good job. The games that Zappe played were decently called.

But, for the rest... nah. Jonnu Smith had 11 broken tackles and touched the ball 28 times. Doesn't compute.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1673988547269.png

Advertisement
Why is Arroyo such a hard no for people?

Not saying he’s my top choice
He runs the plodding pistol offense that would drive us crazy. His offenses at Oregon were pretty 'meh' despite having Herbert and a terrific OL. His offense at UNLV was 85th in scoring against FBS opponents. He may not be as bad as we fear but we can and should do better.

Advertisement
Why is Arroyo such a hard no for people?

Not saying he’s my top choice
Because there are a lot of other better candidates & it would signify that MC is just hiring one of his boys who will simply acquiesce to running what MC wants instead of completely reevaluating & doing everything he can to improve the Offense with a hire that will run their own system.

It would be a cheap safe hire that doesn’t really scream radical turnaround. It would also signify that there’s a limited pool of OC’s willing to work for MC, which is a whole other can of worms.

After having one of the worst Offenses in school history & one of the worst losing seasons we’ve had since 2007, the way to fix that wouldn’t be making a few slight tweaks here & there, it would take a total revamping & re-examining of everything from top to bottom & making significant changes to ensure that you don’t continue making the same mistakes over & over again.

If the majority of the roster needs to be overturned, then the Coaching staff does too & not just with new people with the same mentality & philosophy, but with new minds who do things differently & have their own view on how to get from point A to point B.

If we’re just trying to recreate Oregon, then I guess he’d be a homerun, but for $1+mill we can do better.

Because there are a lot of other better candidates & it would signify that MC is just hiring one of his boys who will simply acquiesce to running what MC wants instead of completely reevaluating & doing everything he can to improve the Offense with a hire that will run their own system.

It would be a cheap safe hire that doesn’t really scream radical turnaround. It would also signify that there’s a limited pool of OC’s willing to work for MC, which is a whole other can of worms.

After having one of the worst Offenses in school history & one of the worst losing seasons we’ve had since 2007, the way to fix that wouldn’t be making a few slight tweaks here & there, it would take a total revamping & re-examining of everything from top to bottom & making significant changes to ensure that you don’t continue making the same mistakes over & over again.

If the majority of the roster needs to be overturned, then the Coaching staff does too & not just with new people with the same mentality & philosophy, but with new minds who do things differently & have their own view on how to get from point A to point B.

If we’re just trying to recreate Oregon, then I guess he’d be a homerun, but for $1+mill we can do better.
Thanks fam. This is what I was looking for. I admittedly don’t know much about dude which is why I asked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back