Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s pretty clear to me it’s an nfl guys and that’s the hold up of announcing.

Also gattass is struggling to find a landing spot and Mario doesn’t want to publicly fire him. It’s a bad look that Mario had to fire a guy after 1 year in “Mario’s mind”

If steele is retiring also Mario doesn’t want the perception to be both of his coordinator hires were bad, therefore he needs gattass to lane a job so it looks like he is moving on.

Since nfl guy is in the playoffs and gattass has yet to find another job….this is why it’s been such a long holding pattern. “Just my thoughts as I take my morning 💩

Advertisement
Nah, just this board is filled with weirdos who think Mario gives a **** about their timelines when he’s just trying to make the program better every single day, and couldn’t care less about what they think, nor should he, obviously.

They also have no idea what he’s telling offensive recruits, yet you’ll read post after post here from dudes who manage a TCBY that think the off-season has been “a ****show” 😂 😂 😂
With respect, this may have been a reasonable conclusion last offseason. But, to date, Mario has not earned the implied level of blind trust indicated in your post. Mario has had a tremendous HS recruiting class and seemingly turned around our OL. He’s making strides with *roster* transformation.

Outside of those two clear wins, I believe there are fair questions fans can ask (all we can do because we’re mostly observers). Specifically, on the hiring side. If anything, there’s more evidence that he’s missed on his hiring selections and reshuffling his offensive staff after one season is validation of any fan skepticism. I hope he answers those questions and hits some home runs on the coaching selections. ****, I’ll take a couple doubles down the right field line.

Would you rather him hire just any OC in order to secure (possibly) portal WRs right now? Or would you rather him hire the OC he wants most?

You guys are funny. You want him to hire an OC, by golly ANY OC, in order to secure some flood of portal WRs (even though that’s not guaranteed). And yet if it’s not the guy you want, you’ll say oh my god Mario is an idiot, he hired THAT guy?? How bout we just get it right this time?

Yes, I’d have liked Mario to fire Gattis the day the season ended and hired Garrett Riley or Kendal Briles, etc already. But he didn’t. That doesn’t mean the off-season is a ****show. All of you have been told Gattis will not be back. That in itself is a win already.
He’s NOt getting the oc he wants most by dragging it out to accommodate gattis, he’s just making It more complicated for potential hires because they don’t even know if we do have a position open until gattis is officially fired or finds another job. If he found the guy he wanted two weeks ago, hypothetically, but can’t offer him a contract until gattis finds something else, do you honestly think that guy is going to just wait around for that to happen if he gets another offer? He drug it out last year for another reason and ended up with his 4th or 5th choice, but this year he’s getting the guy he wants by doing the same thing right?

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s pretty clear to me it’s an nfl guys and that’s the hold up of announcing.

Also gattass is struggling to find a landing spot and Mario doesn’t want to publicly fire him. It’s a bad look that Mario had to fire a guy after 1 year in “Mario’s mind”

If steele is retiring also Mario doesn’t want the perception to be both of his coordinator hires were bad, therefore he needs gattass to lane a job so it looks like he is moving on.

Since nfl guy is in the playoffs and gattass has yet to find another job….this is why it’s been such a long holding pattern. “Just my thoughts as I take my morning 💩
That's plausible but if the impediment is the fact that Gattis has to find another position for optics purposes the new OC could be anyone.

Not only the ones that are still busy with their team and therefore not necessarily NFL guys.

Happy morning **** btw!

He’s NOt getting the oc he wants most by dragging it out to accommodate gattis, he’s just making It more complicated for potential hires because they don’t even know if we do have a position open until gattis is officially fired or finds another job. If he found the guy he wanted two weeks ago, hypothetically, but can’t offer him a contract until gattis finds something else, do you honestly think that guy is going to just wait around for that to happen if he gets another offer? He drug it out last year for another reason and ended up with his 4th or 5th choice supposedly.

LOT of assumptions here without knowing a single shred of a fact. Have some common sense.

Why would it have been to the dismay of Mario? Wasn’t word we wanted him to get scooped up elsewhere? Who the **** knows what’s going on.

That quote was put out last week, but it was from a weak source and made no sense

Advertisement
So seems like the most likely outcome is Gattis getting a NFL position coach job to save face and salvage his career
How many of the head coaches we fired had their career ruined by us firing them? Shannon is still a dc, where he always belonged. Golden is now Dc for notre dame and Diaz was a dc again within days

Sounds like something I’ve seen posted here lol. If you talk to anybody around the program they’d tell you he’s barely been around or had contact with players. On top of the other things I’ve mentioned with recruiting. It’s been obvious. There’s been a reason I’ve never backed off of my original prediction.

But CIS told me it’s a total ****show and Mario is sabotaging the program and doesn’t care and hates the fans and might fight Sebastian in the middle of US1.

We still can’t recruit a WR…

So then Mario is the offense problem not Gattis?

Advertisement
Ped State getting our throwaways now? I like it... They're donating directly to us by hiring our fired guys.. hopefully they overpay for them too.

I can see it now..
Gattis and Manny comforting each other while gossipping like little school girls against Miami/Mario.

Sounds like something I’ve seen posted here lol. If you talk to anybody around the program they’d tell you he’s barely been around or had contact with players. On top of the other things I’ve mentioned with recruiting. It’s been obvious. There’s been a reason I’ve never backed off of my original prediction.
you and @Cane6 have never backed off regarding Gattis.

Advertisement
We still can’t recruit a WR…

So then Mario is the offense problem not Gattis?

Yes. Mario has a reputation that everyone negatively recruits against. It’s up to him to change it. He can do that by hiring the correct OC. I have 1000000% confidence he will hire a new OC….will it be the right one to be able for him to convince kids on the outside to come here going forward? We’ll see. But hiring a new OC is step 1 to that. The dudes he interviewed last year give me hope that he’s willing to give the keys to the offense to someone and let them cook.

With respect, this may have been a reasonable conclusion last offseason. But, to date, Mario has not earned the implied level of blind trust indicated in your post. Mario has had a tremendous HS recruiting class and seemingly turned around our OL. He’s making strides with *roster* transformation.

Outside of those two clear wins, I believe there are fair questions fans can ask (all we can do because we’re mostly observers). Specifically, on the hiring side. If anything, there’s more evidence that he’s missed on his hiring selections and reshuffling his offensive staff after one season is validation of any fan skepticism. I hope he answers those questions and hits some home runs on the coaching selections. ****, I’ll take a couple doubles down the right field line.

Maybe he sees roster transformation as his biggest need. Doesn't really matter who he hires as coach if your roster is chicken **** vs chicken salad.

LOT of assumptions here without knowing a single shred of a fact. Have some common sense.
So, exactly like your post speculating on him getting who he wants…you don’t think it’s common sense that the uncertainty of our oc situation wouldn’t increase the uncertainty in the minds of possible replacements, especially if they have competing offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back