Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm not sure why we'd expect him to do anything else. These guys are paid a lot.
No matter what, with all the turnover amongst college coaches, theyā€™ve always gotta be looking ahead and cover their asses for whenever the next ā€œopportunityā€ presents itself.

Advertisement
Coach Ponce Is not going to be fired at least, my nephew spoke to him and asked him straight up if he was going anywhere, and he said no and that they had big things planned coming up. So either he is just being very professional and recruiting till he leaves or he really isnt leaving.
Thatā€™s cute because I DMā€™d Cribby if he heard anything about Ponce being canned way back before the Clemson game. Good source too, very close. Ponce was heartbroken. You could tell on the sidelines that he wasnā€™t invested in the Clemson game either.

Both him and Gattis pa la Calle. Ponce is one of his best friends so heā€™s probably been helping him find a landing spot.

Iā€™d be silly to speculate on a timeline at this point, but it really shouldnā€™t be much longer (firings/buyouts, not hirings).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Itā€™s funny that with all the coaching turnover, nobody wants our on field coaches. They ones that get attention are support personnel like DVD and Ed took the Bethune job..
Omari Hardwick Politics GIF by Power

Gattis isn't coming back.

We need to get back to having worrying about who his replacement will be. I see Marcus Arroyo is still available..
You may have just solved the mystery of why Gattis is still here. Arroyo was Marioā€™s OC at Oregon before he failed upward and somehow landed a HC job. Mario is giving Gattis every opportunity to find a new job because Arroyo is effectively the OC in waiting. No one else is looking for Arroyo so Mario can take as long as he wants.

Nephew is a player he has been sort of recruiting not some complete random stranger.

Have your nephew ask him if Gattis is gone or not.At least we will know whether to get rid of this thread or not and I can get this

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad feeling out of my stomach..

Advertisement
Even Wisconson is going to a modern offense.ā€¦ā€¦

I'll act surprised.

The very LAST places I'd look for an OC - with historical South Florida talent available - would be Michigan. Penn State. Nebraska.

The very LAST national Navy I'd look to find a capable Admiral - would be the French Navy. If you want to see the mighty French Navy from WWII, you'll need a glass-bottom boat.

Thatā€™s cute because I DMā€™d Cribby if he heard anything about Ponce being canned way back before the Clemson game. Good source too, very close. Ponce was heartbroken. You could tell on the sidelines that he wasnā€™t invested in the Clemson game either.

Both him and Gattis pa la Calle. Ponce is one of his best friends so heā€™s probably been helping him find a landing spot.

Iā€™d be silly to speculate on a timeline at this point, but it really shouldnā€™t be much longer (firings/buyouts, not hirings).

I got this baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad feeling that Gattisā€™ next landing spot will be on the Canes sidelines staring at TVD until Mario calls a TO with 14: 10 left in the first quarterā€¦

Advertisement

So Ponce wasnā€™t invested in the Clemson gameā€”aka not doing his jobā€”but was not only kept on staff for one additional game, but also was kept through ESD, is still on staff, and still apparently recruiting, but has actually been told heā€™s not returning and the hold up is waiting until he has a soft landing spot elsewhere? That all just seems impossibly hard to believe.

So Ponce wasnā€™t invested in the Clemson gameā€”aka not doing his jobā€”but was not only kept on staff for one additional game, but also was kept through ESD, is still on staff, and still apparently recruiting, but has actually been told heā€™s not returning and the hold up is waiting until he has a soft landing spot elsewhere? That all just seems impossibly hard to believe.
1672247896481.gif

I've decided to just keep quiet and check the board every few days or the Herald. Seems like this should have been handled by now. I just don't know why Mario cares so much about how Gattis lands. He's a big boy. Coaches get fired all the time. Some very unceremoniusly.

Its like getting cut from the team, it hurts but we survive to try again. If Mario is pampering him, I got a bad feeling about his leadership. This should be fairly routine in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back