Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
FWIW,Miamiflo just said there's a high probability
gattis is back and TVD is back channeling for possible landing spot.He could be full of **** but he does have NIL deals with current players,so he has access to inside info.

LOL. Hope Mario is ready for the absolute meltdown if he is actually that dense. Seriously hope for his sake this is false

Gattis is staying. Every team thats getting rid of their staff does it so people knows its open to drum up interest. Whatever tf yall were told this is sabotaging recruiting and now i really question Cristobal's judgement because i thought that would be one of his strong suits. We are not hurting for money like previous years so these are executive decisions. Truly depressing
I know this is Hersey around these parts but I'm affraid D$ and Cribby have a big L coming on Gattis. He will be here next year.

Advertisement
he would deserve every boo coming his way and every empty seat tbh. you can't bring back this staff after the abortion of a season we had

You’re not wrong whatsoever. Really hope it doesn’t come to that, but at this point I’m not going to be surprised either way. Surely Mario is smarter than this lmao

lol if we run a slow plodding offense w no creativity, you can kiss any shot of winning anything useful away. Michigan took away duties from our own OC.
It's about what an incompetent Gattis was.Who says you cannot bs creative? Does UGA and Michigan run slow plodding offenses? Utah beat high flying USC twice.

Yea but even HOFer’s only get a hit 30% of the time

Heresy! We're not talking about some HOF'er.

To compare Cribby to some half-assed HOF'er - that's like comparing Alexander the Great to Private Ryan.

There's only one Cribby.

"Out of every hundred insiders, ten should never be permitted to speak.
Eighty are just JAGS,
Nine are real Insiders, and we are lucky to find them,
For they know their siht.
Ah, but the ONE.
ONE (Cribby) is All Knowing,
And HE will keep it real.

That we may keep our freak on." Heraclitus, 500 BC.

So it is written.

It's about what an incompetent Gattis was.Who says you cannot bs creative? Does UGA and Michigan run slow plodding offenses? Utah beat high flying USC twice.
we run a slow plodding offfense w no creativity. I didnt say you couldn't win UGAs way. UGA also couldn't win their way until they got an elite and I mean ELITE tight end who transformed their O. before that, they always had an elite D but struggled on O and it cost them. they put together an NFL D last year and added a kid who makes their O go like Pitts did for UF. again, you guys just assume everyone making fun of cafecito says you can't win by being tough up front. you have to be to win. you just dont have to do it out of 1980s sets. Kirby went through 3 diff OCs AT LEAST if I remember correctly.

Advertisement
Luke said he and ray ray asked Mario straight up
The other day and Marrio said Gattis will be OC. Gattis also had dinner with Ray Ray the other night
55117FD9-2FD2-4979-A8F2-23FB2E3D6750.gif

Untrue. Look at UGA and Michigan. They are clones of each other. Only difference is that UGA is more talented. Michigan just straight up bullied Ohio State who runs the offense you want. At the end of the day, physicality still wins every time and Mario knows he is the best OL recruiter and developer in the entire country and it's not close.
Michigan, huh? Lol

Gattis is staying. Every team thats getting rid of their staff does it so people knows its open to drum up interest. Whatever tf yall were told this is sabotaging recruiting and now i really question Cristobal's judgement because i thought that would be one of his strong suits. We are not hurting for money like previous years so these are executive decisions. Truly depressing

He’s .500 coach after 10+ seasons of coaching. His judgement is objectively average at best.

If multiple guys are leaving from both sides of the ball who does the recruiting all over the country ?

I will say if the info on TVD is true something drastically changed That said he doesn’t have to work back channels because he knows who‘s interested. That’s not exactly a secret. It’s been reported he was staying at one point and there was a big NIL deal in place.

If Gattis was retained him and Garcia would leave, neither guy trusted him. On Top of all that a recruit was told “ drastic changes to the offense / scheme.

Nothing is making sense.
FWIW, Mario has shown the ability to recruit without a staff in place. Which I'm sure he'd rather not do... but I agree with @dycane point about not having an incompetent coordinator around recruits

Advertisement
You’re not wrong whatsoever. Really hope it doesn’t come to that, but at this point I’m not going to be surprised either way. Surely Mario is smarter than this lmao
Sorry to say he is not that smart, that fact that Gattis is still here explains a portion that he is not that smart.

FWIW, Mario has shown the ability to recruit without a staff in place. Which I'm sure he'd rather not do... but I agree with @dycane point about not having an incompetent coordinator around recruits
I just hate the fact that in consecutive seasons our OC & DC are not able to recruit players or help close out the class especially with transfer portal players.

Recipe for disaster.

I posted nothing had changed with Mario , he just wanted to have a sit down with the team before it got out. Everyone here said ” then why is he out recruiting the day after the Utah game ? Because he’s a professional and is getting paid as such.
Didn’t he go in home with Cyrus Moss around that time and that’s how he was able to get him to come on a short OV and commit to us?

Advertisement
If multiple guys are leaving from both sides of the ball who does the recruiting all over the country ?

I will say if the info on TVD is true something drastically changed That said he doesn’t have to work back channels because he knows who‘s interested. That’s not exactly a secret. It’s been reported he was staying at one point and there was a big NIL deal in place.

If Gattis was retained him and Garcia would leave, neither guy trusted him. On Top of all that a recruit was told “ drastic changes to the offense / scheme.

Nothing is making sense.
Maybe I’ve just had too many beers on Friday night but when Cribby says nothing is making sense I’m officially concerned.

As you know, I too hear that he will be gone.

However, I will not make excuses for this poor execution. Its a red flag hes shown two years in a row.

To answer you question, who would recruit once gattis, Ponce, and others are let go? You move DVD, Cooney, Jason Taylor, etc into temporary recruiting roles. You let them spread hope of new tommorow.

You dont send ppl who know they are dead men walking to recruit. Sorry, that isn't a smart move.
Coaches who are dead men walking literally go out to recruit across the country every year. This is not a novel concept or practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back