Joseph Yearby vs. Dalvin Cook

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Which 2014 back you got?

Call me crazy, but I think Cook might be even more talented.

[video=youtube;qepI1XEMshg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qepI1XEMshg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;0QAe8l7TWaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QAe8l7TWaM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like 'em both. Will Golden try to get both along with Sony? Might be worth letting some of the 2013 kids walk no?

Cook's dream school is clemson and from what i've read yearby isn't a big cane fan either. obviously a lot can happen but still these guys will have offers from everyone. sony is a must and i think we really need to hold onto collins or replace him with another stud.

Advertisement
This isn't an easy one for me. Especially since we've only seen flashes from Cook since he doesnt have a full season's body of work to gauge.

Both are potentially elite RBs so taking one over the other is tough. I absolutely LOVE a lot of what I've seen from Yearby and think he offers a lot of the underrated but essential skills a great RB needs. Through the first half of last season (before he got nicked up), Yearby was on pace to threaten Frank Gore's single season rushing record (as a sophomore!).

Here's my breakdown:

Size/Frame: Cook
Top Speed: Cook
Burst: Draw
Vision: Yearby
Balance: Yearby
Feet: Draw

After breaking it down, I'm still stuck!

I will say this. Sony and Cook are similar type of backs and I may like Sony better (as long as he comes back from injury 100%).

When I look at Yearby's frame, running style, etc. I see a Mark Ingram/Gio Bernard type of RB.

Give me any 2 of the 3 RBs in the 2013 class and we are set! If I have to pick now, my preference may be Sony and Yearby.

Advertisement
COOK ALL DAY AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.... Is that running back(#28) from STA a 2014 kid?? Ill take him over both...

Advertisement
Yearby is a huge semihole fan. No way he even visits here. As long as Sony ends up a Cane...it won't matter.

Advertisement
While both Yearby and Cook look very good i would take Yearby just because he has better vision and balance. Cook appears to be faster but Yearby seems to be able to find and get thur smaller holes and make the right choice almost every time.

Advertisement
Back