Joseph Yearby Freshman Highlights

Advertisement
No doubt the kid is talented. I'm very interested to see how he develops. I feel that his next two or three years has an interesting range of potential outcomes.

Joe will be a thousand yard back this season. He is a Warrick Dunn clone with slightly quicker feet.

I may get egged for this but I love yearby's upside over cook and duke at this level. I think he can take over duke soon enough.

Hopefully he can play at atleast 185lbs this season. He looked good last year but his size prevented him from breaking more tackles.. I don't care what the roster said he couldn't have been more than 175.

Advertisement
He is much quicker with Duke in inside running. Duke is faster though

love his versatility as a receiver out of the backfield. Kid is gonna do work next year.

Joe's vision and cutting is elite.

But he has to get ALOT stronger while trying to improve his speed.

I just see him as a max 15 carry/game RB next yr. Hope I'm wrong.

I like Yearby a lot but so far from what I saw from both of their freshman seasons, Cook is on a different level.

Advertisement
Kid's feet are incredible. One cut and then he gets to the second level so quickly. If he can add a little bit of breakaway speed, he's going to be a bad man!

The linebacker (I will leave him un-named) from the spring practice video who got juked out of his shoes, approves this message.

Advertisement
He is a Warrick Dunn clone with slightly quicker feet.

My oh my how time has failed your memory.

Good running back, but I don't ever think he'll be elite here. We've been spoiled at his position (in truth all positions) and that's no slight to him. He's quick as Heck to the hole and has a good change of direction, but his speed is a liability. He also doesn't break many tackles at all.

He's going to be pushed by Walton this year. Those in this thread saying they like him better than Cook at this point are insane in the membrane.

Advertisement
He is a Warrick Dunn clone with slightly quicker feet.

My oh my how time has failed your memory.

Good running back, but I don't ever think he'll be elite here. We've been spoiled at his position (in truth all positions) and that's no slight to him. He's quick as Heck to the hole and has a good change of direction, but his speed is a liability. He also doesn't break many tackles at all.

He's going to be pushed by Walton this year. Those in this thread saying they like him better than Cook at this point are insane in the membrane.

Obviously Cook is better at this point. He was the feature back for FSU at the end of the year. Cook wouldn't have been that if he came here because even he wasn't going to take snaps from Duke.

But if Cook doesn't get that fumble problem squared away (especially with Jacque Patrick on his heels now) he wont have that chance to see if he is better because he will be on the bench. Fisher isn't gonna play that **** this year.

Jury is still out. But I like the positive weight gain I have seen from Yearby from the pics I have seen from Spring ball. Looks to have added some muscle. He can definitely be better then Warrick Dunn. He has the skills.

He's a good RB. Nowhere near Duke, Dunn, Cook, but he's a good one. Graig Cooper is a more accurate comparison.

He is north south runner and that is a good thing. I expect him to do very well. Walton will give him what Duke didn't have in his second year -- excellent back up. Kaaya will be demanding a lot of attention next year and that is going to help Joe a bunch. His quick up the middle runs could break huge with other teams attempting up field pressure on Brad. If offense is not required to protect Al horrible defensive scheme, which it will be, then we should score enough points. Lot of weapons for Kaaya to exploit. Kid is going to make everyone better.

Advertisement
Back