Jose B. got some dog in him! How did we miss him?

Give the brothers the same number, then let them alternate kicks. But then they'd have to get the same tats.

Now for the real talk.

Jose was in the 2016 signing class. He committed to FIU in August of 2015.

Now, let's think about this. Miami had a guy by the name of Michael Badgley. Miami's all-time leading scorer. Played as a true freshman in 2014, went 34-38 on PATs and 14-18 on FGs.

So when Jose committed to FIU, Badgley had one good year at UM, and by the time Jose committed to FIU, Badgley had 2 good years at UM. You rarely see a school sign another kicker when the incumbent has 2 more years to play.

Obviously, we haven't been as good post-Badgley, but I can understand why Golden didn't recruit Jose.

Advertisement
He went to Booker T and wanted to come to the U bad but we didn't offer which is why he gave us so much grief and stared our bench down last year when he hit the kicks against us for FIU-just like we passed on TUTU and took Jeff Thomas---how that workout?

Miami took 5-star Mark Pope, 4-stars Brian Hightower and Marquez Ezzard, and 3-star Dee Wiggins.

Obviously, it's easy to armchair QB now, but back then, should we have dropped Wiggins to take ***-smell?

Sure, now, I'd love to trade Marquez for PuPu, but constantly second-guessing all our past recruiting mistakes just leads to misery.

Just keep an eye on who Butch Davis recruits.

He won't get the top skill players - but beyond those - he knows talent when he can get it.

Fair enough.

But we have to also be honest, we simply don't recruit a kicker or a punter every single year like other positions.

Advertisement
Miami took 5-star Mark Pope, 4-stars Brian Hightower and Marquez Ezzard, and 3-star Dee Wiggins.

Obviously, it's easy to armchair QB now, but back then, should we have dropped Wiggins to take ***-smell?

Sure, now, I'd love to trade Marquez for PuPu, but constantly second-guessing all our past recruiting mistakes just leads to misery.
Even if we had Atwell the last two years, his numbers would probably be garbage playing in Richts and ENos offenses and CIS would non stop trash him.

Last edited:
He went to Booker T and wanted to come to the U bad but we didn't offer which is why he gave us so much grief and stared our bench down last year when he hit the kicks against us for FIU-just like we passed on TUTU and took Jeff Thomas---how that workout?
Yep. And im a booker t alum. This kid have dog in him. I've watched him and his lil brother

He said he's hit a 70 yarder in practice. The one Saturday was 57 and had plenty of room to spare.

Let's enjoy him this season and hope his brother is just as good, cause he's gone after this one.
He use to do it pre game in high-school at traz powell. Always was kicking from mid field

Advertisement
Give the brothers the same number, then let them alternate kicks. But then they'd have to get the same tats.

Now for the real talk.

Jose was in the 2016 signing class. He committed to FIU in August of 2015.

Now, let's think about this. Miami had a guy by the name of Michael Badgley. Miami's all-time leading scorer. Played as a true freshman in 2014, went 34-38 on PATs and 14-18 on FGs.

So when Jose committed to FIU, Badgley had one good year at UM, and by the time Jose committed to FIU, Badgley had 2 good years at UM. You rarely see a school sign another kicker when the incumbent has 2 more years to play.

Obviously, we haven't been as good post-Badgley, but I can understand why Golden didn't recruit Jose.
For kickers, it's always a numbers game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back