Jorge Baez question

Canes4days

Recruit
I have seen a lot of people saying we need to keep him on staff, my question is is his position a position that a head coach brings with him like a coordinator or position coach?

Advertisement
Good question, what type of value has he brought to our program is the question I'd think a lot of us would like to know.

People ahoudnlt be worried. He is not a on-field coach. He'll be retained

In the grand scheme of things, I don't understand how people are concerned with the stuff in OP.

Baez is not a position coach. He's the director of on campus recruiting. There are several members of the staff that are not position coaches, which would be assets to the new coach, including Baez, Joel Rodriguez and Josh Darrow.

Advertisement
Baez should be retained, has good connections, well respected in the community, does his job and he hated Golden.

Baez should be retained, has good connections, well respected in the community, does his job and he hated Golden.

Agreed. And I would add Darrow to that list, who ran the AG football camp over the summer and is very well connected with the local HS coaches.

Who really cares at this point? Joan Baez has had as much of an effect on this program so far. Our deal is really one right now where good ol' Trickle Down economics apply. Let's hire the right freakin' guy for the top spot and let his wisdom trickle down to these bottom of the media guide positions. We already tried the bottom-up method with all these local high school legends on staff and morons at the top of the power structure flow chart. That organizational approach don't work so good.

Advertisement
Who cares? Hire the right HC, and he'll keep Baez and the other secretaries if he thinks they add value to the program.

Most of those positions are like political appointments. The new HC will likely have guys he knows and trusts or to whom he made some promises to fill those low-level positions. There are a million and one guys who can do what Darrow does.

Who cares? Hire the right HC, and he'll keep Baez and the other secretaries if he thinks they add value to the program.

Most of those positions are like political appointments. The new HC will likely have guys he knows and trusts or to whom he made some promises to fill those low-level positions. There are a million and one guys who can do what Darrow does.

Exactly. We should just rename them "ambassadorships". They're only freakin outreach coordinators to certain high schools anyway. "Jorge Baez will be retained as Ambassador to Southern Dade County. His secretarial duties to remain unchanged."

Advertisement
Back