Jordon Carty OL

John77

Junior
Apparently Miami has expressed interest in Jordon Carty. I'm guessing he is a potential backup plan if we don't get Herbert, Slaton or Bateman.

What do you guys think of him? I can't find any highlights and I'm not great at evaluating offensive lineman anyways.

Jordon Carty, South Broward, Offensive Tackle

Advertisement
[TWEET]781942571333480448[/TWEET]

Claims offers from USCe, Alabama, UNC, etc..

I'm not sure how many of those are real lol

I don't think they are real. Looks like he is between Mississippi State and Oregon State as of now, would probably change with a Miami offer.

I don't think they are real. Looks like he is between Mississippi State and Oregon State as of now, would probably change with a Miami offer.

I agree. Seems like the type of guy that a last minute offer would make him immediately flip to the U. Good to have as a last minute backup.

He is Right Tackle for the white team, he is # 72.

[video=youtube_share;Oy_mCdxc9b0]https://youtu.be/Oy_mCdxc9b0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;GTpbcFSbQOE]https://youtu.be/GTpbcFSbQOE[/video]

Advertisement
He is # 72 playing Left tackle in this video

[video=youtube_share;hiYK3R0LzC4]https://youtu.be/hiYK3R0LzC4[/video]

Here are 2017 Jordon Carty Senior Highlights ( the name says Jordan Canty so I am not sure which one is correct but it is the same player # 72).

[video=youtube_share;abO4OuWysUs]https://youtu.be/abO4OuWysUs[/video]

**** to think this was a monster recruiting year for olinemen in of terms not only quality but quantity and we are now having to evaluate Carty! This is a sad state Coach Searels has UM in we have to offer this kid. When you have others schoolsstacking up quality linemen.

**** Ohio St has 4* Thayer Munford literally waiting until signing day to get an offer an he is ok with it, were as Coach Searels having coached 2 of Munford's cousins (with being currently at Miami) should have Munford gift wrapped to Miami already.

This is some bull crap Coach Searels is not earning his money, his top 2 olinemen commits were coming to Miami regardless of him.

What else has he delivered?

Go Canes

Go Canes

Advertisement
**** to think this was a monster recruiting year for olinemen in of terms not only quality but quantity and we are now having to evaluate Carty! This is a sad state Coach Searels has UM in we have to offer this kid. When you have others schoolsstacking up quality linemen.

**** Ohio St has 4* Thayer Munford literally waiting until signing day to get an offer an he is ok with it, were as Coach Searels having coached 2 of Munford's cousins (with being currently at Miami) should have Munford gift wrapped to Miami already.

This is some bull crap Coach Searels is not earning his money, his top 2 olinemen commits were coming to Miami regardless of him.

Go Canes

Go Canes

I know George Brown Jr. is one cousin, whom is the other?

Go Canes

Go Canes

I know George Brown Jr. is one cousin, whom is the other?

I was mistaken George Brown's older brother played for VaTech a few years before Coach Searels got their.

Link to article
Recruiting: LSU offensive tackle George Brown transfers to Miami Hurricanes | Canes Watch

But there is still a Family connection Coach George & Thayer that coach Searels should be able to leverage. But instead of Miami, apparently Kentucky is running as Munford's # 2 choice to Ohio St. I would say Coach Searels is just laying the weeds trying to not provoke the Ohio St offer just to keep him from Miami on NSD, but this kid needs to Official visit Miami an time is running out for that.

Go Canes

Apparently Miami has expressed interest in Jordon Carty. I'm guessing he is a potential backup plan if we don't get Herbert, Slaton or Bateman.

What do you guys think of him? I can't find any highlights and I'm not great at evaluating offensive lineman anyways.

Good find. He is 6-7/265 about the same weight as Tre Johnson at 6-7 when he arrived. Johnson is now a solid 300 and bench press up about 90 pounds from last year.

Good find. He is 6-7/265 about the same weight as Tre Johnson at 6-7 when he arrived. Johnson is now a solid 300 and bench press up about 90 pounds from last year.

Do you think he is Miami quality? Seems like Paranos does not think so. [MENTION=4597]Paranos[/MENTION]

Advertisement

Do you think he is Miami quality? Seems like Paranos does not think so. [MENTION=4597]Paranos[/MENTION]

Nice post

Look how Scout (one service) had him rated--8th best OT for 2017 in FL
Jordon Carty, South Broward HS OT - Scout

Some decent offers--

I recall he was at Dillard I believe as a freshman. A tall kid that weighed about 240 or so then.

Advertisement

Raw is the best way I can say it...To me personally not explosive or that aggressive. Looks stiff and lacks a good knee bend therefore plays high at times.Often takes plays off. Has long arms a he uses OK in pass defense but is not a run blocker or finished product. U material under Richt and Searles I doubt it. I haev questions abut his movement from one school to another which is not bad in itself but never showed top ability. Again just my opinion as his offer list shows some decent schools if they are legit offers.

Thanks Paranos for the film. I like film that does not focus on a player best highlights in. I often now take a player next to the one you are interested in and evaluate him from that other players film.

Here are a couple at Somerset in Pembroke Pines that fall into that mold but are are 2018 and 2019 kids and with natural maturation and coaching could surprise later on especially Bailey--

6-7/263(2019)--needs to be an OT/G
Vashon Bailey - Hudl

6-6/260 (2018)..technique is not very good..bouncing on feet in blocking, way over his weight and extended to far, etc.
Ricardo Barrow - Hudl

Last edited:

Raw is the best way I can say it...To me personally not explosive or that aggressive. Looks stiff and lacks a good knee bend therefore plays high at times.Often takes plays off. Has long arms a he uses OK i pass defense but is not a run blocker or finished product. U material under Richt and Searles I doubt it. I haev questions abut his movement from one school to another which is not bad in itself but never showed top ability. Again just my opinion as his offer list shows some decent schools if they are legit offers.

Thanks Paranos for the film. I like film that does not focus on a player best highlights in. I often now take a player next to the one you are interested in and evaluate him from that other players film.

Here are a couple at Somerset in Pembroke Pines that fall into that mold but are are 2018 and 2019 kids and with natural maturation and coaching could surprise later on especially Bailey--

6-7/263(2019)--needs to be an OT/G
Vashon Bailey - Hudl

6-6/260 (2018)..technique is not very good..bouncing on feet in blocking, way over his weight and extended to far, etc.
Ricardo Barrow - Hudl

Thanks, appreciate the input!

Was not really impressed by video, tbh.
But then again I've seen several HS OLmen that to me looked like **** and then played in the NFL.
So who knows.
But he is definitely a major project at best.

Advertisement
Back