Jordon Carty OL

Apparently Miami has expressed interest in Jordon Carty. I'm guessing he is a potential backup plan if we don't get Herbert, Slaton or Bateman.

What do you guys think of him? I can't find any highlights and I'm not great at evaluating offensive lineman anyways.

Jordon Carty, South Broward, Offensive Tackle

Good find. He is 6-7/265 about the same weight as Tre Johnson at 6-7 when he arrived. Johnson is now a solid 300 and bench press up about 90 pounds from last year.

You sure Johnson was only 265? I thought he was like 280-285? Idk if he put on 35 pounds in less than a year

Advertisement
Apparently Miami has expressed interest in Jordon Carty. I'm guessing he is a potential backup plan if we don't get Herbert, Slaton or Bateman.

What do you guys think of him? I can't find any highlights and I'm not great at evaluating offensive lineman anyways.

Jordon Carty, South Broward, Offensive Tackle

Good find. He is 6-7/265 about the same weight as Tre Johnson at 6-7 when he arrived. Johnson is now a solid 300 and bench press up about 90 pounds from last year.
Could have been like McIntosh as Johnson was a basketball guy who may have been up and down in weight during his HS career.

You sure Johnson was only 265? I thought he was like 280-285? Idk if he put on 35 pounds in less than a year

I read where he was listed at 285 on his HUDL film (not Nike verified) but was actually 275 and needed weight room especially in the upper body area. Remember he was a basketball guy and weight could have been like McIntosh up and down during the year. To me this Carty fellow does not look like he is that agile and would be a real work in progress,

Last edited:
Pass on Carty not mean and aggressive. Staff should have gone after Dolcine of Miramar 6-5 and is now 290 was was originally committed to USF I believe but now committed to UK. has good strength 340 bench 440 squat. The U was monitoring Dolcine for a time then would not pull the trigger as they thought Slaton and Herbert would be available to them. Also I am hearing that 2 of the current O-line people may transfer.

JUGGERNAUT - Sebastien Dolcine highlights - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back