Jordan Scott 2017 NT/DT as a Potential Miami Recruit

Well even though Jordon Corleon Scott's family are major Canes fans it looks like this one is down to Fsu & UF.

Kehoe was recruiting JC, but since he was fired there has been no contact with the U.
And even though JC's HC at PPHS has called down to Coral Gables twice a week every single week since December no one has come to talk to him until today.JC just had a visit from coach Kool and Dugans finally and he still didn't get an offer. as a Cane fan wtf is going on???
they told him he could come down and camp on his own dime but no offer!!! wtf coachs??? this kid was your for the taking and you blew it.
looks like its down to FSU vs UF. the kid's parents, grandparents, siblings, uncles & cousins are all diehard Cane fans

I'm a cane through & through , I had real high high hopes for coach Kool, but if this doesn't change real quick it aint going to change...they blew it

disappointed.

Thanks for sharing.

Does Scott have offers from FSU and UF an are they committable. FSU seems to be full at DT for 2017 with two 4* cousins from Newberry, FL. As for UF they have the room for Scott and Chris Rumph is a great recruiter so that is concern.

Go Canes

every school in the state of FLA has offered with the exception of us. also GaTech just offered a few hrs ago. not sure if it was mentioned but he carries a 4.0.;
he is book smart, street smart, cat quick benches over 400lbs what is the prob here coaches?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bottom line, Kool better produce or his seat will be as hot as a frying pan soon enough.

I feel it's too early to go in on any coach, but at a need position he hasn't brought the thunder yet. He's like the Teflon don, gets a pass by everyone while fans whip former player Rumph endlessly. It's bizarre, but whatever.

Bottom line, Kool better produce or his seat will be as hot as a frying pan soon enough.

I feel it's too early to go in on any coach, but at a need position he hasn't brought the thunder yet. He's like the Teflon don, gets a pass by everyone while fans whip former player Rumph endlessly. It's bizarre, but whatever.

trust me, Ive been trying to sell coach kool before they even got there and they didn't even offer. baffling

Kool has skins on the wall by developing first round talent. Rumph has done nothing, not a great comparison.

Your joking right? Coach Kool has put more dlinemen in the NFL that workout than anyone else in the last 15 years. Trust in his process and for the record I would like to see Scott sign with Miami.

Go Canes

Advertisement
@ Saltycraker the staff seems to want recruits within driving distance to have at least visited Campus before they offer and if they are going to accept any recruits commitment they have to visit first.

So I am sure the issue of Scott having traveled to visit other schools but not Miami may give the Staff pause in offering him without skin in the game, he has been to USF, UCF, FSU, and even FAU. How does he get to FAU but not visit UM is a question many would ask coming from such a die hard Canes family.

Go Canes

@ Saltycraker the staff seems to want recruits within driving distance to have at least visited Campus before they offer and if they are going to accept any recruits commitment they have to visit first.

So I am sure the issue of Scott having traveled to visit other schools but not Miami may give the Staff pause in offering him without skin in the game, he has been to USF, UCF, FSU, and even FAU. How does he get to FAU but not visit UM is a question many would ask coming from such a die hard Canes family.

Go Canes

FAU and every single of those schools have visited him, had been calling him and set up invitations for him to come see them that's how it works.

each and every single one of those visits to other schools were scheduled invites. he is in hs, he wasn't going to drive 5 hours to coral gables, knock on a door and say 'hi you don't know me but uh I want a tour of your campus'. without even knowing if the coaches will be there. he got nothing from the U but dead air. that's my point.

before Kehoe was fired, he had scheduled visits was telling him all about Russell Maryland.

since Kehoes been gone, the kids HC was calling Coral Gables TWICE a week..no call backs nothing until yesterday they finally showed up No Offer and tell him, yeah you can come to camp with 400 other kids and pay your own dime. WHAT THE F???

Coach Richt kept a lot of the recruiting support staff in place from All Golden, so Coach Jorge Beaz who coordinates visits was there and would have taken care of things. Also since Kehoe previously set up the UM visit, then Beaz would have been aware of who Jordan Scott is.

But that is water under the bridge. What matters is Scott is being recruited by Coach Kool and UM now, let's look at the glass as half full.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Well even though Jordon Corleon Scott's family are major Canes fans it looks like this one is down to Fsu & UF.

Kehoe was recruiting JC, but since he was fired there has been no contact with the U.
And even though JC's HC at PPHS has called down to Coral Gables twice a week every single week since December no one has come to talk to him until today.JC just had a visit from coach Kool and Dugans finally and he still didn't get an offer. as a Cane fan wtf is going on???
they told him he could come down and camp on his own dime but no offer!!! wtf coachs??? this kid was your for the taking and you blew it.
looks like its down to FSU vs UF. the kid's parents, grandparents, siblings, uncles & cousins are all diehard Cane fans

I'm a cane through & through , I had real high high hopes for coach Kool, but if this doesn't change real quick it aint going to change...they blew it

disappointed.

Thanks for sharing.

Does Scott have offers from FSU and UF an are they committable. FSU seems to be full at DT for 2017 with two 4* cousins from Newberry, FL. As for UF they have the room for Scott and Chris Rumph is a great recruiter so that is concern.

Go Canes

Today on 247

FSU's second visit to see Scott in as many weeks shows that Scott is also a priority, along with Wilson.

Noles247 spoke to a source with knowledge of the situation this morning and it was explained very clearly that Scott is considered a take for FSU and that there is room for him in the 2017 class, even if Wilson were to jump on board as well.

They talking about taking those two 4* cousins, Scott, and the #1 DT in nation Wilson all together. (Wilson trending towards them according to crystal balls)

That is how they beat us up front. FSU dominates defensive tackle recruiting with Odell.

Advertisement
**** FSU is trying to stack some major Dline chips with 2017 DT's Marvin Wilson (from Texas) and Jordan Scott.

Link to Article
Recruiting: Florida State making big push for nation’s No. 1 recruit | Seminole Post

In the end I think it will be tough for FSU pull Marvin Wilson out Texas if UT & Charlie Strong have a good year not to mention LSU as a darkhorse, otherwise the alternative is a future headache for UM. But then again we are Miami and we want to play against the best so I say lets see what happens.

This is a interesting development, thanks for sharing.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;t-ijRZ7gDoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ijRZ7gDoA[/video]

[HUDL]athlete/2914209/highlights/327996390[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Decommitted from Florida On November 1. Staff should reach out to Jordan. Kids a beast can replace Norton next year when Norton enters Draft.

Advertisement

Not only is the D-Line playing noticeably better, but we have DJ Johnson, Jon Ford, and Jonathan Garvin committed, all big time prospects. Especially Johnson. Don't see how anyone could say he's not pulling his weight.

Whats the chances we jump on him ? Florida seems like they dropped him. FSU loading up at the DT postion with 2 tackles from newberry and after marvin wilson hard. so FSU will probably not recruit him. kid is legit to me we need to jump on him would be a huge still for us.

Advertisement
Link to article
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/gator-chomps-florida-has-a-few-options-to-replace-dt-jordon-scott

Gator Chomps: Florida has a few options to replace DT Jordon Scott

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida is back on the market for a defensive tackle following Jordon Scott’s departure from the 2017 class.

His commitment to UF in May (at 350 pounds) was contingent on him losing weight before he enrolled early. Instead, he has gained weight since then.

The Gators have a few options on their board to replace Scott. They want to sign a third defensive tackle, one of their biggest needs for next year, to go along with 4-star recruit Fred Hansard and junior college transfer Javier Edwards.

Their top target is Aubrey Solomon, a 4-star defensive tackle from Leesburg, Ga. Florida was his No. 1 school early in the process, but now it appears he will end up at Georgia or Michigan.

The name to watch for is Tyrone Truesdell, a 3-star defensive tackle from Augusta, Ga. He named the Gators his leader following his visit for the Kentucky game.

The 6-foot-3, 325-pound prospect will return to UF for an official visit, but he also has a trip scheduled to Louisville for Jan. 14. Ole Miss and South Carolina are in the mix as well.

On the Friday of Florida’s bye week, the coaches evaluated 3-star defensive tackles Alec Jackson (Montgomery, Ala.) and Kane Taylor (Clearwater, Fla.).

Jackson has several big-time offers, including Alabama, Auburn and Florida, and the Gators hope to get him on campus for a visit. Taylor needs to qualify before he can receive a UF offer, but the staff is monitoring his academic progress.

The Gators could also make another run at Florida State defensive tackle commits Ja’len Parks and Cory Durden from nearby Newberry, Fla., but they don’t seem to be options............

His senior highlights look good but I am thinking UF's Coach Rumph may have wanted Jordan Scott to lose a significant amount of weight an from the looks of it he may have added weight u fortunately for him, probably causing UF to pull their offer.

Link to article about UF wanting Scott to lose weight.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/floridas-350-pound-commit-i-low-key-think-im-a-db-at-heart

If this kid dropped 40-50 lbs he would be scary with the ability for backside pursuit along with a lightening quick first step. You can see in his highlights the extra weight slows him down in backside pursuit, but inside the tackle box he is nightmare for offenses.

The sad thing is that Jordan Scott is a Early Enrollee and if he does have a weight issue than some schools may shy away which is unfortunate because he is a Baller.

[HUDL]video/3/3452903/581f7dae688ec31d8c8b739c[/HUDL]

Last edited:
You need big mfs like that lol. I say we take big nasty and redshirt him and feed him right and with our weight training program he will lose the bad weight

Advertisement
Back