Jordan Scott 2017 NT/DT as a Potential Miami Recruit

Advertisement
This guys highlights are like a create a player in NCdubs.. straight 99's across the board. I pray this kid doesn't go to FSU.. He'd eat our OL for breakfast in a couple years.

This guys highlights are like a create a player in NCdubs.. straight 99's across the board. I pray this kid doesn't go to FSU.. He'd eat our OL for breakfast in a couple years.

I agree this young man would give our current center problems.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Yea he is a keeper. Comes with bad intentions. Odell strength is with Polk county boys.

Who is Odell, are you talking about FSU dline coach.

On another note Pinellas Park is in Pinellas County it is on the gulf side of Tampa. Polk County is further east.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Update on Jordan scott's recruitment, Scott is now rated as the 39th DT in the country by Rivals and 59th by 247sports which is impressive considering he hasn't hit the major spring camp circuit. There is a lot of dline talent in the Tampa Bay area this year, Miami should do well there this year.

He seems to really like and wants to get his parents to visit. He was taken FSU by his head coach, so lets see if the head coach takes him down to Miami as well to complete the state tour (since he has been to UF, USF, UCF, and FAU -how he went to FAU an not stop by Miami is question that would be a very interesting to have anwsered).

Link to FREE Article
DT Scott on FSU visit: "Best college I've ever been to"

DT Scott on FSU visit: "Best college I've ever been to"
Josh Newberg April 7, 2016

Largo (Fla.) Pinellas Park three-star defensive tackle Jordon Scott is one of the most intriguing defensive linemen in the state. With his 6-foot-1 and 345-pound frame you wouldn't expect quickness to be a big part of Scott's game -- but it is. Part of the reason why Jimbo Fisher and his staff offered Scott is his ability to not only eat up space as a nose-tackle, but also create havoc for quarterbacks trying to drop back and pass.

Despite only living four hours from Florida State's campus all his life, Scott has never been to Tallahassee. On Thursday he visited for the first time.

“Amazing. It was the best college I’ve ever been to,” Scott told Noles247 while on the road back to Largo. “I’ve been to UF, FAU, UCF and USF, I haven’t seen anything like this.”

Scott was accompanied by his high school head coach, Kenny Crawford. When they arrived on campus they were given a tour of the facilities.

“The facilities really stood out. I’ve never seen anything like that anywhere I’ve been. The weight room is top of the line.”

“I went in the locker room. I didn’t even know they made locker rooms like that. It looked new, smelled new, all the players were smiling, they all looked happy. I understand why,” he said.

(What's next for the 'Noles? Make sure you're in the loop -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE FSU newsletter now!)

After lunch Scott met with Jimbo Fisher and assistant coaches Lawrence Dawsey, Odell Haggins and Charles Kelly.

“Meeting the coaches was nice. But I really liked watching them practice,” Scott added. “I liked the tempo. It’s not like high school where you got slackers. I liked the way they coached it with high tempo and intensity. Coach Odell coaches his guys hard. He’s not satisfied with anything but the best.”

Now that he’s finally visited, where do the Seminoles stand with Scott?

“FSU is definitely top five. They’ve locked in that spot for sure. I don’t really know who else is going to be in it, but I know FSU will be.”

Scott is an early enrollee and he plans to make his final decision on Christmas Day, which is also Scott’s birthday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How the **** has he not been offered yet?

UF offered today.

He measured in at 6'0.5' 345lbs 80" wingspan 10" hands

He grew over a inch in past 8 months. His insane wingspan (serious compare it to top DTs in draft) shows he might grow more. He is insanely quick and athletic at his size.

He is country strong, if he trims down 25-35lbs he might be one of the best DTs in the country. As it is his leverage wingspan combo makes him a great NT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6j_oUxxRRM

Taking one DT (a low 3*) in three years is terrible. This kid might be better than both instate 4*s FSU has committed. Can't let FSU get all three instate DT blue chippers.

Man we gotta get this kid to UM no matter what it takes! He's the closest thing to big Vince I've seen on tape and he may even be better. Plus, smart and well-round off the field too? Wayyy too smart to go to FSU! Kid, come get a real education and play for the one school w a better NFL pipeline than anyone else! You already know...

UF offered today.

He grew over a inch in past 8 months. His insane wingspan (serious compare it to top DTs in draft) shows he might grow more. He is insanely quick and athletic at his size.

He is country strong, if he trims down 25-35lbs he might be one of the best DTs in the country. As it is his leverage wingspan combo makes him a great NT

[video=youtube_share;R6j_oUxxRRM]http://youtu.be/R6j_oUxxRRM[/video]

Taking one DT (a low 3*) in three years is terrible. This kid might be better than both instate 4*s FSU has committed. Can't let FSU get all three instate DT blue chippers.

Fixed the video link for you. Thanks for posting I agree 100%.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;WdXm0_I5URc]http://youtu.be/WdXm0_I5URc[/video]

Advertisement

UF offered today.

Fixed the video link for you. Thanks for posting I agree 100%.

Go Canes

Thanks for fixing the link, Panera!

The guy loses 30-40 pounds, he'd be unstoppable. **** good already, but I wonder how many snaps a game he gets currently at that size.

Edit: Nobody is laughing at Paranos on this one.

Advertisement
Man we been talking about this Sapp/Wilfork cross clone for some time. I even did a post on him myself. We know you need dominant DLinemen to dominate, make LB's better and DB's. Unless this staff knows some amazing **** about college football players I can't comprehend, then we should have offered and been on this kid like flies on a sack of ****.

Man we gotta get this kid to UM no matter what it takes! He's the closest thing to big Vince I've seen on tape and he may even be better. Plus, smart and well-round off the field too? Wayyy too smart to go to FSU! Kid, come get a real education and play for the one school w a better NFL pipeline than anyone else! You already know...

Didn't mean to down vote, sorry.

Go Canes

Well even though Jordon Corleon Scott's family are major Canes fans it looks like this one is down to Fsu & UF.

Kehoe was recruiting JC, but since he was fired there has been no contact with the U.
And even though JC's HC at PPHS has called down to Coral Gables twice a week every single week since December no one has come to talk to him until today.JC just had a visit from coach Kool and Dugans finally and he still didn't get an offer. as a Cane fan wtf is going on???
they told him he could come down and camp on his own dime but no offer!!! wtf coachs??? this kid was your for the taking and you blew it.
looks like its down to FSU vs UF. the kid's parents, grandparents, siblings, uncles & cousins are all diehard Cane fans

I'm a cane through & through , I had real high high hopes for coach Kool, but if this doesn't change real quick it aint going to change...they blew it

disappointed.

Last edited:
Well even though Jordon Corleon Scott's family are major Canes fans it looks like this one is down to Fsu & UF.

Kehoe was recruiting JC, but since he was fired there has been no contact with the U.
And even though JC's HC at PPHS has called down to Coral Gables twice a week every single week since December no one has come to talk to him until today.JC just had a visit from coach Kool and Dugans finally and he still didn't get an offer. as a Cane fan wtf is going on???
they told him he could come down and camp on his own dime but no offer!!! wtf coachs??? this kid was your for the taking and you blew it.
looks like its down to FSU vs UF. the kid's parents, grandparents, siblings, uncles & cousins are all diehard Cane fans

I'm a cane through & through , I had real high high hopes for coach Kool, but if this doesn't change real quick it aint going to change...they blew it

disappointed.

Thanks for sharing.

Does Scott have offers from FSU and UF an are they committable. FSU seems to be full at DT for 2017 with two 4* cousins from Newberry, FL. As for UF they have the room for Scott and Chris Rumph is a great recruiter so that is concern.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back