Jordan Scarlett

tomi

Freshman
Premium
I looked up his highlights (see below) and im shocked to see just how fast this dude is (4.36). But, when i was reading recruiting profiles earlier this year, they listed him as a big back not a speedy back. So im just wondering if the profiles were wrong or is he some sorta freak athlete who has joseph yearby speed/acceleration with gus edwards body.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2041918/highlights/110551375

Advertisement
Faster than Joe and Duke already I believe and a big back. Played more with speed at first, but lately has shown a tremendous blend of power and speed. Joe has great footwork, and Duke is an all around package but with the ability to change direction like no other at full speed with a stiff arm that would put any street Pimp to shame.

Faster than Joe and Duke already I believe and a big back. Played more with speed at first, but lately has shown a tremendous blend of power and speed. Joe has great footwork, and Duke is an all around package but with the ability to change direction like no other at full speed with a stiff arm that would put any street Pimp to shame.

thats my new favorite description of Duke's stiff arm

I looked up his highlights (see below) and im shocked to see just how fast this dude is (4.36). But, when i was reading recruiting profiles earlier this year, they listed him as a big back not a speedy back. So im just wondering if the profiles were wrong or is he some sorta freak athlete who has joseph yearby speed/acceleration with gus edwards body.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2041918/highlights/110551375

Scarlett ran a 4.3 flat at the opening.

Been saying it since then. After his season(which he is doing very great) and the all-star games. I would be shocked if he wasn't a 5 star when the process ends, being committed to FAU at one point hurt his stock. I do believe he is the best runningback prospect in nation for 2015 when you talk about speed, size and athleticism. He is a freak of nature.

Advertisement
I like Scarlett, Dex and Walton. They remind me of a brand of football we need to start getting back to in the upcoming years. We need to run the ball and run more effectively. I think our OL is in the right place with the talent we have now and with the linemen we have coming in the upcoming years. For a little while now, I think we have been lacking talent at the HB position. For the past few years dating back since Lamar Miller and a few years before then, we havent had a stable like that of we could really turn these holes that the OL is opening up into explosive plays. 2015, Yearby, Gus, Scar, Dex and Walt are going to be a stable that will be ready to run.

I feel like the player he's described to be is almost Todd Gurley like. I"ll take that and the kool aid in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
here's him racing some skinny *** punk
[video=youtube;ybnA7MSl2iQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybnA7MSl2iQ[/video]

here are his track stats
http://parser.dyestat.com/search.jsp?athID=288504

basically he's a trackster who happens to be 5'11" 200

Despite Scarlett losing the final competition for fastest man at the Opening. Scarlett did run the fastest time there at some point in the day at a 4.3 flat standing in at 5'11" 207 that day.

Scarlett, I've been saying for quite some time. I see a young Marshawn Lynch, but with elite speed and moves.

Scarlett this season has learned to use his strength and power more too. He is definition of a freak right now.

I don't see the Ricky Williams comparison. Much faster than Ricky was. Ricky was a bit more powerful.

I don't see the Gurley comparison because Gurley is about 6'1"-6'2". And Scarlett faster and more agile than Gurley.

Pre-Injury McGahee makes some sense but just like Gurley. McGahee quite a bit taller than Scarlett.

The young Marshawn Lynch makes sense. Same size range, very similar run styles at that point. Lynch ran some 4.4s and some 4.3s back then too. Ran a 4.46 at his combine. Scarlett is faster though, but very similar styles.

Scarlett, I've been saying for quite some time. I see a young Marshawn Lynch, but with elite speed and moves.

Scarlett this season has learned to use his strength and power more too. He is definition of a freak right now.

I don't see the Ricky Williams comparison. Much faster than Ricky was. Ricky was a bit more powerful.

I don't see the Gurley comparison because Gurley is about 6'1"-6'2". And Scarlett faster and more agile than Gurley.

Pre-Injury McGahee makes some sense but just like Gurley. McGahee quite a bit taller than Scarlett.

The young Marshawn Lynch makes sense. Same size range, very similar run styles at that point. Lynch ran some 4.4s and some 4.3s back then too. Ran a 4.46 at his combine. Scarlett is faster though, but very similar styles.

Ricky really got the power after he put on weight at Texas which Scarlett will do here and while Scarlett may have Ricky beat on straight line speed, it's the acceleration that made Ricky what he was and that acceleration made Ricky about as fast as anybody.

Advertisement

Ricky really got the power after he put on weight at Texas which Scarlett will do here and while Scarlett may have Ricky beat on straight line speed, it's the acceleration that made Ricky what he was and that acceleration made Ricky about as fast as anybody.

Ricky was a man child. He ruined his own self.

I do expect Scarlett to get more power in his game during his time here. But I want him to keep that speed. You can't teach that at his size. He keeps that speed and adds power combined with a great career here. He'll be knocking on the door at New York for an invitation to attend the draft, which is rare now. Scarlett has also been improving in the pass game this year too. Love what he brings to the table.

No disrespect to Yearby, Dex or Walton. I think they are studs. But Scarlett has the ability to be elite if he puts it all together at Miami. Gus, jury still out. I see improvement in Gus. I'll give Gus the benefit for now, but he's going to have some serious competition next year. Competition brings out the best.

Ideal, I wanna see Scarlett leave The U at about 220-225 and keep that speed with him and continue to improve the power he has shown. And develop his blocking and catching as he has begun to do this year at STA.

Last edited:
What have we become that we call our potential future best as equal to Bama products!

We're the MF'n []_[]! Scarlett could be an elite RB in the likes of other UM greats & 1st rounders.

Advertisement
Ok so it is becoming apparent that Cook is and will be better than Yearby. For those of you that have seen Scarlett / Walton / Dex - is any one of them better than Yearby? Cook?

i wouldnt say cook will be better. cook is more physically ready right now. both are great players.

Ok so it is becoming apparent that Cook is and will be better than Yearby. For those of you that have seen Scarlett / Walton / Dex - is any one of them better than Yearby? Cook?

1) Yearby will improve with conditioning. The main difference between Yearby and Cook is raw explosion. That can be worked on.

2) Scarlett is the kind of back we haven't had since McGahee. Big and explosive.

3) Dexter will be there in spring. Explosive back. Can catch it out of the backfield. Poor Man's Demarco Murray out of high school. Probably a bit better than a "poor man's" version.

Advertisement
Back