Jordan Scarlett decommits from FAU

Advertisement
Everyone thought we should have been able to get 3 or 4 of those top backs last year, so why not this year. Everyone knows Duke plays on Sunday next year. That leaves Joe and some maybe guys. Why would at least 3 top backs stay with THE U. Not like we haven't sent RBs to the NFL year after year after year before. Our offensive talent is looking good. These guys might be smelling the change in the wind. How many backs we have in NFL right now? After a long time of bad years, we are still putting backs in league. Our offense gets them ready and we don't burn the rubber off the tires. Who is first back taken out of the Big Three next year? Anyone going before Duke? Okay, maybe we can't keep all four but we could hang with three.

not wanting to carry a whole team/program on his back is a good enough reason. i stated that back when he committed there. he'd probably start as a freshman and leave after his 3rd or 4th year. i can't imagine the wear and tear of being the guy everyone is keying on and getting 20-30 carries a game and being relied on to win games. go somewhere w/ a supporting cast and where defenses aren't keying on you.

Advertisement
I just want Bruce. But if Scarlett comes we'll take him. Jack Allison needs weapons, since the 2015 class of WR's is underwhelming.

Should we offer his cousin too? yanno a package deal to entice him even more.. I think his cousin is good on his own merit.

not wanting to carry a whole team/program on his back is a good enough reason. i stated that back when he committed there. he'd probably start as a freshman and leave after his 3rd or 4th year. i can't imagine the wear and tear of being the guy everyone is keying on and getting 20-30 carries a game and being relied on to win games. go somewhere w/ a supporting cast and where defenses aren't keying on you.

This is right. It sounds like a goofy thing to say and he probably pulled it out of his *** just to have some reason for decommitting but it's actually an extremely valid reason. Come on down Jordan!

Advertisement
with no inside info, i'm thinking this is looking good for UM. at STA and claiming academics are important and wanting to stay close to home. we have a favorable depth chart w/ few rbs. on campus several times the last couple months. i'm not sure what the writers here think, but, i'm guessing UM at this moment based on timing.

Overrated. I like the 3 guys we have committed right now better than him.

I don't necessarily disagree but I'd be fackin' STUNNED if Dexter ended up here and Scarlett is a natural fit with Cronk & Walton. Let's land all the best players in So Fla and sort em out later, I think Scarlett's in that group. It's also important to get these types just for perception and for momentum, something that's underrated around here, IMO. Especially given our current situation where SoFla is getting raped by SEC/FSU/LSU, we need some juice.

he may be a little overrated, but, given that dexter might bolt at some point, i'm willing to swap dexter for scarlett today b/c i think it goes a long way towards landing a lot of other guys.

Advertisement
Was the number 3 back. Commits to FAU and not long after he's now the number 11 back. Runs the second fastest time at Miami NFTC and is built like a brick house. After this senior season I guarantee he becomes the most wanted back in florida now that he's at St. Thomas Aquinas. I'm sure all the alum on our roster will help a lot here. Plus Bruce is a beast and his best friend. Very wishful thinking and his Instagram and Twitter have been very pro Miami. It's been very quiet about the staffs recruiting and the negativity.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back