2024 Jordan Lyle, RB - St Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

Advertisement
Walton's off field issues were always weird because during the recruiting process it was constantly mentioned how he was such a stand up student athlete.
schizoeffective disorder and other mental health order sometimes turns up after teen years or around that time.

Mark walton was a regular dude until around those ages and after the death of his mother.

Head injuries can potentially explain a lot of horrible left turns in life.

Aaron Hernandez, Kellen Winslow II, Mark Walton.

We may never know.
Aaron Hernandez was acloseted *** with personal demons based off of that alone.

Kellen Winslow was wierd from high school an comign to um.

Mark walton was a direct mental health thing and had he got or continued his meds ad therapy he would be ok. He was self medicating with weed

schizoeffective disorder and other mental health order sometimes turns up after teen years or around that time.

Mark walton was a regular dude until around those ages and after the death of his mother.

Facts; same thing happened w/ my lil cousin (R.I.P). Perfect kid, raised him from the wound, him & his twin sister. Dad was schizophrenic, I found out later, but was never in their lives.

My boy played for Taft High, got some FCS offers, but decided to go JUCO & was starting to get some FBS looks. Then his father figure, my older cousin & his uncle, died suddenly and he stopped.

Sent my youngin in to a whirlwind. That’s when the mental health disorder came full bloom. Before he died, he gained 300 lbs, wouldn’t shower, would fight doors & walls thinking they were talking to him, & found several times sleeping under freeways b/c he didn’t feel safe at home. When he got sick w/ Covid last year, he said he wanted to die b/c he couldn’t take the voices anymore.

Advertisement

Mark walton was a direct mental health thing and had he got or continued his meds ad therapy he would be ok. He was self medicating with weed
Im not at all trivializing this but maybe thats what happened to OJ Simpson as well post football, CTC

Per ON3

Lyle will announce his decision later today or sometime Tuesday.

He says he needs to make a few phone calls, "to people he knows" "not coaches"

Says Miami made a good impression on his family over the weekend, parents and brother joined him and he says parents opinion on schools could be the deciding factor.

Says his family isn't leaning in either direction after the visit, says that they really like OSU and he "hasn't heard much about Miami because we haven't sat and talked about it yet, but I know they really like Ohio State"

The opportunity to play early at Miami resonated. Says he doesn't think it matters where he goes as far as development, and getting to the league because he thinks he is going there no matter where he enrolls.

More fog of war. Not as glowing a response as I would have hoped for, but a lot of that depends on the person and not wanting to punk OSU. We should know soon.

Advertisement
Per ON3

Says Miami made a good impression on his family over the weekend, parents and brother joined him and he says parents opinion on schools could be the deciding factor.

Says his family isn't leaning in either direction after the visit, says that they really like OSU and he "hasn't heard much about Miami because we haven't sat and talked about it yet, but I know they really like Ohio State"

The opportunity to play early at Miami resonated. Says he doesn't think it matters where he goes as far as development, and getting to the league because he thinks he is going there no matter where he enrolls.

More fog of war. Not as glowing a response as I would have hoped for, but a lot of that depends on the person and not wanting to punk OSU. We should know soon.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Am I reading this wrong or something?

Per ON3

At least he is announcing before Wednesday. Let’s get some **** rolling publicly on some of these recruits

Per ON3

He must know we keeping Riley.

Advertisement
Per ON3

He definitely isn't lacking any confidence. I'll trust the insiders here.

Advertisement

I'm not saying that there are no pre-existing conditions. But subsequent things like head injuries can also have an impact.

I took a Mental Health Law class in law school, there are many cases where there may have been some concerns at an earlier time, and then it gets MUCH worse at a later time. Sometimes a mental strain or a physical injury can be the catalyst to a "manageable condition" becoming unmanageable.

Again, I'm not blaming football, per se. A sports injury is not usually the primary causation. I don't think any of the guys I mentioned had a SERIOUS head injury. But there may have been a lesser injury that bumped some early-in-life issues into something much worse.

Advertisement
Back