Jordan Lyle? (Is not hurt)

It def felt like that last season. I will check out his carriers from cmu
Im glad someone feels the same and im not completely tripping. I remember that a lot last yr too.

Just seems there is always someone waiting for him or a missed block as soon as he gets the rock.

The video for this last gm showed that to be the case more than not.
Which is just insane luck and adds fuel to the fire from the fan base. I hope he gets his feet under him as the year goes on.
 
Won’t be this weekend they will leave nothing to chance depending on how we perform early-/ if it’s a rock fight or e’re up by fewer than 3 scores I wouldn’t expect to see him…. This isn’t some rehabilitation program… no umbrage towards Jordan but he had a very expensive ride trying to outrun the cops— and very inopportune timing…

At this level that can be the difference b between making it and not

Imagine no legal issues— he’d have gotten a ton of carries to dust off all that rust. But he put himself in that place.

I feel for the kid- but… he made his bed
That's a good way to think of it and I can't argue with anything you're saying.

But I'm zagging on this one.

If Lyle looked like a stud & was our 2nd best RB in Fall and Mario clearly believes in him - then play him!

I mean - Lyle started vs ND last year after 9 months with no game carries....so what's the difference vs Clemson?

Clemson ranks 97th in Run Defense right now. It's not gonna get any easier than this. Now's the time!

If Lyle was within a hair of breaking some long ones vs CMU then this is the perfect time to get him back on track!
 
So lets look at the runs.

1. Run to the outside, Lyle follows the blockers and Samson completely whiffs.

2. SJ with a great pull block and lofton leads the way. Lyle goes through the correct hole. About a 14 yard gain.

3. He danced here and missed a hole that SJ did a good combo block on. #87 block wasnt great, but seemed good enough to get through if you dont hesitate. 3 yards gain.

4. #87 and SJ mess this one up. Defender meets Lyle immediately. He tries to reverse it but gets tripped up. Turns a loss to like a 1 yard gain.

5. Goaline Jumbo package. Nobody missed a block, yet there was a defender meeting Lyle again as he got the ball. Fumble. The run failure is not his fault, the fumble is.

6. Nowhere to go once again as soon as he touches the ball. He bounced outside and got tripped up. Seemed like CMU had the entire team expecting run.

So 4/6 runs included whiffs, defenders in his face immediately, or stacked boxes with nowhere to go.

1/6 runs seemed like decent blocking and he danced as LOS

1/6 runs had good blocking and he went for 10+ yards.

1 fumble, completely on him.
I find it interesting how little people have responded to this.

What do people think about these runs? Were the majority of them not set up for failure?
 
I find it interesting how little people have responded to this.

What do people think about these runs? Were the majority of them not set up for failure?

You can go back to the Syracuse game in '24 and the same thing happened. It's uncanny how unlucky he has been when we hand the ball off to him. But at some point (which I think is fast approaching) you have to produce, even if the blocking in front of you isn't top notch.
 
Back
Top