Jordan Lyle? (Is not hurt)

While I agree in this game, it was his first game back, dude. Give him some time to get his legs underneath him.
But this was Lyle at his best

FR - 4.8 YPR - but he was a Freshman
SO - 7.3 YPR - but he was hurt
JR - 7.5 YPR - but he was rusty

Like I said - there's a thin line between "reasons" and "excuses"
 
But this was Lyle at his best

FR - 4.8 YPR - but he was a Freshman
SO - 7.3 YPR - but he was hurt
JR - 7.5 YPR - but he was rusty

Like I said - there's a thin line between "reasons" and "excuses"
Let’s see how it looks in a few games. I for one am rooting for him because we need him. We need his explosiveness out there and his ability to block out there.
 
I know Lyle is high on the list of players taking non-stop heat (with SJ and Damari), but i have a question.

Does it seem like Lyle has been extremely unlucky on his runs? I feel like he has an un blocked defender meeting him basically when he touches the ball every time.

Would love if someone good with YouTube or tech cab create a cut up of his carries last gm.
It def felt like that last season. I will check out his carriers from cmu
 
Let’s see how it looks in a few games. I for one am rooting for him because we need him. We need his explosiveness out there and his ability to block out there.
I just see it different is all. IMO Lyle simply isn't very explosive (never was).

We didn't "need" Lyle last year. We were actually better off giving his 5-7 carries a game to Fletcher/Pringle/Brown. And IMO we'd be better off redistributing Lyle's carries to Fletcher/Mallory/Pringle this year.

I do think any RB (Lyle included) can have a nice carry or game here and there if given enough chances.

And while I don't think it's good for the team - I am in "f it, this "Lyle is a Stud" hole has been dug so deep let's give him a chance to get out of it" mode.

So I say keep giving Lyle 5+ carries a game for the next 3-4 games and let's see how it goes. Give the people what they want!
 
I just see it different is all. IMO Lyle simply isn't very explosive (never was).

We didn't "need" Lyle last year. We were actually better off giving his 5-7 carries a game to Fletcher/Pringle/Brown. And IMO we'd be better off redistributing Lyle's carries to Fletcher/Mallory/Pringle this year.

I do think any RB (Lyle included) can have a nice carry or game here and there if given enough chances.

And while I don't think it's good for the team - I am in "f it, this "Lyle is a Stud" hole has been dug so deep let's give him a chance to get out of it" mode.

So I say keep giving Lyle 5+ carries a game for the next 3-4 games and let's see how it goes. Give the people what they want!
OK, then we need his blocking out there. Last year we had Brown and that’s why you didn’t notice. But this year without Brown, we need Lyles strength in the block game out there. Now we have a difference of opinion on his explosiveness because I think he’s very explosive, but regardless, we need his blocking.
 
It def felt like that last season. I will check out his carriers from cmu
Im glad someone feels the same and im not completely tripping. I remember that a lot last yr too.

Just seems there is always someone waiting for him or a missed block as soon as he gets the rock.

The video for this last gm showed that to be the case more than not.
 
Back
Top