Jordan Davis 2018 NT unsigned and being slow played by UGA

Paranos

All-ACC
It looks like UGA's recent 2018 signing bonanza has led them to slow play several committed players one of which is Miami recruit Jordan Davis from North Carolina. Coach was on the young man hard earlier in the recruiting process so Miami.

Link
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/uga-recruiting-just-how-impressive-does-this-2018-class-look-coming-in

.....Georgia signed six prospects who had earned 5-star ratings on the first day of the early signing period on Wednesday.

That was quite a day. And others have taken notice.DawgNation is hearing stories about how impressed other coaches in the SEC are by what Georgia is doing.

Let’s take a step back and look at just how truly historic the signings on Wednesday were for Georgia.

For the sake of brevity, the choice was made to combine multiple classes to see just how truly special this class appeared to be on signing day. These players will need to develop, but this is a sufficient measure of the groceries the UGA staff now has in the kitchen to cook up a very special team.

5-star prospects signed by UGA this century

I need to serve as my own ombudsman on one point. That’s in reference to the 2012 class of Josh Harvey-Clemmons, Keith Marshall, Jordan Jenkins and John Theus. I had thought the previous high for Georgia in the 5-star tally was three in any one single signing class.

The correct answer is actually four.

Let’s not forget this point: The Bulldogs signed six prospects with that 5-star rating on Wednesday and are chasing a few more. UGA also has three elite 5-stars committed for 2019. If the 2019 commits stay on board, that makes at least nine 5-star prospects headed to Georgia in the next two seasons.

This tweet by Kirby Smart was a pretty good “mic drop” moment at the end of the day.

What do the signees think about UGA recruiting?

DawgNation reached out to a couple of members of the 2018 class for their perspective early Thursday morning.

The question was simple: How do they feel about signing and being a part of this class?

Owen Condon: “It is crazy man,” Condon said, adding he “never thought I’d get to be a part of a No. 1-ranked class.”

Kearis Jackson: “It feels great and I’m ready to start winning some national championships when we start putting in the work on the field as a team.”

Chris Smith: “It feels great. This class is very talented.”

Who are the remaining targets in the 2018 class?

This list won’t take long. The Bulldogs currently have 18 signees and five commits for 2018.

The short list starts with 4-star TE Luke Ford. He made a big announcement this morning....

Ford, in my mind, will choose between Auburn and Georgia. Coming into the week, he was a candidate to possibly commit and sign. He’d been telling DawgNation he might sign this week. His grandmother passed away this week, and that has been difficult.

It puts all this chatter about recruiting football prospects into the proper perspective.

Who’s left for the Class of 2018?

The DawgNation projection is the Bulldogs cannot sign more than 24 prospects this year unless they plan to greyshirt or to blueshirt a player and honor a scholarship in the 2019 cycle.

UGA commits Aaron Brule’, Tramel Walthour and Rachad Wildgoose told DawgNation they do not plan to sign in the early period. Idon’t know where Jordan Davis stands. He was planning to sign during the early period.

Channing Tindall committed to UGA last night and also couldsign before the 72-hour early signing period window closes on Friday....

The rest of the board will look like this.

5-star CB Tyson Campbell: Alabama, Miami and Ohio State will challenge Georgia. Campbell’s recruiting and his commitment will be won in January. That’s when he will take all of his visits.

5-star CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart: Look for Alabama, Texas A&M and Southern California to be the major contenders. That last reports from his hometown of San Diego indicated he planned to take an official visit to UGA in January.....

Also: I spoke with Stockbridge, Ga., wide receiver Marquez Ezzard yesterday. He oncewas a big UGA target who wound up committing to, and then de-committing from, Florida State. It sounds as if he will take a visit to Georgia in January.

The opportunity play with his good friend and high school teammate, Brenton Cox, at Georgia seemed to appeal to Ezzard.

You will hear the name Rick Sandidge mentioned as a potential candidate for UGA, but I do believe the Bulldogs trail SEC East rival South Carolina. The 4-star defensive tackle plans to take an official visit to UGA in January. This will be a wait-and-see situation.

How does Bush feel about what the Bulldogs did yesterday?

“I kinda saw it coming as we were chilling last weekend,” Bush said, admitting that there were a couple of surprises for him. “The coaches really put on a great 2018 class..

Last edited:
Advertisement
For those that haven't seen his highlights. Keep in mind that he is 6'5 330+lbs.
[video=youtube_share;uqFe3r1NEPw]https://youtu.be/uqFe3r1NEPw[/video]

[video=youtube_share;9ozWMrtWh5c]https://youtu.be/9ozWMrtWh5c[/video]

Last edited:
Wish we woulda stayed on him. Would be a great get. There is definitely some talent still out there that we need to be all over. Really hard to understand our struggle at this position. I get the whole bag game. Thank God for Nesta! I’m still clinging to a sliver of hope that Norton or McIntosh will return for senior year. Thanks for posting paranos.

Advertisement
At one point pete told us to expect a commitment from him, now we sorta need him

Last edited:
Advertisement
you are a fool if you listen to paranos...guy doesn't know anything. davis is not being slow played.

you are a fool if you listen to paranos...guy doesn't know anything. davis is not being slow played.

Well here is a article from Dawgnation which supports that some of UGA's current commits are being slow played while UGA pursues higher rated recruits.

Link
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-2018-recruiting-board

...The next signing day will happen in its traditional spot on Wednesday, Feb. 7, but space is tight in this class. Most estimates peg UGA to bring in 24 or 25 players in this class. Between the 20 already signed and four commits who remain unsigned, the class is right at capacity. Considering there are still plenty of top players Georgia is in the running for, and the remaining unsigned players are the lowest-rated in the class, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of the other current commits give way to a few top-ranked, uncommitted targets....

So believe what you want, I have a Validated my point.

Go Cane

Last edited:
Advertisement

Well here is a article from Dawgnation which supports that some of UGA's current commits are being slow played while UGA pursues higher rated recruits.

Link

...The next signing day will happen in its traditional spot on Wednesday, Feb. 7, but space is tight in this class. Most estimates peg UGA to bring in 24 or 25 players in this class. Between the 20 already signed and four commits who remain unsigned, the class is right at capacity. Considering there are still plenty of top players Georgia is in the running for, and the remaining unsigned players are the lowest-rated in the class, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of the other current commits give way to a few top-ranked, uncommitted targets....

Go Cane

no.

some advise...just stick to your specialty of starting threads on random DTs who miami has zero interest in.

Link

Go Cane

no.

some advise...just stick to your specialty of starting threads on random DTs who miami has zero interest in.

Noah Brindise

Advertisement

Link

Go Cane

no.

Kevin just shut up! You lost all credibility years ago. F ucking cornball

It looks like UGA's recent 2018 signing bonanza has led them to slow play several committed players one of which is Miami recruit Jordan Davis from North Carolina. Coach was on the young man hard earlier in the recruiting process so Miami.

Link
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/uga-recruiting-just-how-impressive-does-this-2018-class-look-coming-in

Go Canes

richt basically got 5 5 stars a year when he was there according to those numbers.

31 in 17 classes = 5 a year?

or if you dont count the 2016 class as his 28 in 16 classes = 5 a year?

Advertisement
Back