Jordan Cronkrite has been quiet

Category5Hurricane

Deejays Ace
Anyone know anything about how strong his commitment is to us now? Been a while since I see anything on him besides when he said he doesn't like the clutter of RB's coming in...reminds me of the Storm Johnson situation being afraid of competition. Hope he sticks though.

Advertisement
After watching that wonderful performance our o-line demonstrated Monday night, I'm sure he's looking at playing in cooler weather.

Anyone know anything about how strong his commitment is to us now? Been a while since I see anything on him besides when he said he doesn't like the clutter of RB's coming in...reminds me of the Storm Johnson situation being afraid of competition. Hope he sticks though.

:stephenahand:

After watching that wonderful performance our o-line demonstrated Monday night, I'm sure he's looking at playing in cooler weather.

:stephenahand::stephenahand:

i think mark walton and scarlett come with maybe cronkite playing in the secondary if he comes . dexter would be great but its gonna be hard convincing him to stay

Advertisement
David Furones @DavidFurones90 · 32m

Jordan Cronkite has 97 yards on 11 carries and two TDs at halftime. Here we see him enjoying a hydration experience.

BwzLG1HIcAEfjOS.jpg

he doesnt want to be switched to defense without being given a shot at RB.

David Furones ‏@DavidFurones90 2m
Cronkrite didn't want to put % on UM commitment but called it "solid" and confirmed he will attend UF game next Saturday on unofficial.

Tweeted the other day that he had a good convo with the WVU coach over the phone

Advertisement

This I would be fine with. 100% because I view his upside at safety where he can be a great player. I see him being a good runningback but not great, I see a great safety. Has the tools to be a feared safety in the backfield.

As I've mentioned before. I view the other 3 (Scarlett, Dexter, Walton) having potential to be great. Their ceiling higher for the future, Cronk projects way better to safety, would play a longer career too at the position.

tonight's rivals article basically says he's not sure if we still want him. Since season started there's been a lack of communication according to him.

Are we cooling? and hoping to hold onto the other RBs?

tonight's rivals article basically says he's not sure if we still want him. Since season started there's been a lack of communication according to him.

Are we cooling? and hoping to hold onto the other RBs?

No UM coaches are trying to fix that broken down offense. An ICE Harris is getting the hang of having to kiss a super star 18 yr *** to come play for him, which is new for him after having his way at Booker T Wash. Staff will get it fixed with Cronkrite.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Cronk was balling. And Tony Gaiter son is legit.

Salomon looks like the real deal, but we ain't landing him. Not with the history there at Champagnat.

Last edited:

This I would be fine with. 100% because I view his upside at safety where he can be a great player. I see him being a good runningback but not great, I see a great safety. Has the tools to be a feared safety in the backfield.

As I've mentioned before. I view the other 3 (Scarlett, Dexter, Walton) having potential to be great. Their ceiling higher for the future, Cronk projects way better to safety, would play a longer career too at the position.

Just stop, this is how we lose recruits by even mentioning the possibility of playing safety, cronk is all running back, in my eyes he has earned that opportunity and is out to prove himself. Not trying to compare players but cronk is better than walton and may not have the highest ceiling as others, but is the most complete back we have signed. Film speaks for itself. I bet my money he has been trained as a rb and thinks like an rb which will allow him to play that position faster in college.

Advertisement
Cronkrite won't start for Miami at running back if all the current backs stay committed. He's better at Safety. Said all this months ago.

Just stop, this is how we lose recruits by even mentioning the possibility of playing safety, cronk is all running back, in my eyes he has earned that opportunity and is out to prove himself. Not trying to compare players but cronk is better than walton and may not have the highest ceiling as others, but is the most complete back we have signed. Film speaks for itself. I bet my money he has been trained as a rb and thinks like an rb which will allow him to play that position faster in college.

I would like for him to get a shot at RB first. It's no knock on him at all. I view his upside is higher on defense than offense. I view The other 3 with higher ceilings than him, doesnt mean any are better or worse at this point, its just their potential. It's been mentioned many times.

I view him as most ready to step on field at 1a and 1b with Scarlett. Then Walton and then Williams. Williams is very talented but has to refine more things at the next level as well as Walton.

Then ceiling wise I've always said, Scarlett and Williams 1a and 1b. Then Walton and then Cronk.

You must take into account not all guys reach their ceiling or potential either or end up better than projected.

I can end up being wrong which I've mentioned before in other posts relating to the RB's.

And I like his film a lot. You can check through any of my old posts. Always liked his film. Reminds me of the Oregon running backs last few years.

I think Cronk is a great player, but I see his potential being higher on defense than offense.

We'll have to agree to disagree too, I view Walton the better RB prospect. Cronk IMO more of an ATH, can play multiple positions and I think projects best at safety.

And cane since birth, we'll have to agree to disagree. Seen him on both sides of the ball.

I've mentioned before too, I could end up being wrong, but it's what I see and others see. Try him at RB first and go from there. I want Cronk in this class regardless.

Last edited:
Give him a shot at RB, if it does not work out, then he can always convert... That seems fair!!!

Advertisement
Back