Jordan Battle 2019 4* DB Interview

Classic case of being overly sensitive. They both asked open ended questions and both interviews were fine IMO.

The first was more of an interview with your homeboy. I did like the pick one segment at the end. The second was planned out and more professional.

FOH! The first interview was, So what do you like about OSU? What position are you going to play at OSU? What dorm room will you be choosing at OSU? So what have Urb told you? What do you like about Urb? So you know Lattimore went to OSU, right? Why does OSU have so much success w So Fla players?

How in tf is that open ended??!

Advertisement
Latest

“THE BATTLE TO LAND BATTLE: Miami DEFINITELY made a move with the family of Jordan Battle last weekend, and has at least made this something that Ohio State needs to take seriously. This is not a slam dunk, and the key will be life-after-football and (shock, shock) the relationships with the Buckeye staff. This WILL NOT come down to the DB's Ohio State has put into the NFL recently. Remember, Battle is a south Florida kid, so he already has himself in The League in three years, and he already thinks he's better than Apple, Lattimore, Conley and Ward right now. In his mind, he's already going to The League whether he goes to OSU or FAU, so that's not the selling point with this kid at all. I published my Recruiting Rules a few years ago on Scout.com, and might repost them on 247Sports one day. This is Rule #1, and it will never, ever change for me. 1- If you believe nothing else from this point forward, understand this: Recruiting is ALL about comfort and relationships. If you don't have both covered with the player, he is at risk to flee. And comfort can be different for each kid. Your RELATIONSHIP with him tells you what is most important to him.”

Latest

“THE BATTLE TO LAND BATTLE: Miami DEFINITELY made a move with the family of Jordan Battle last weekend, and has at least made this something that Ohio State needs to take seriously. This is not a slam dunk, and the key will be life-after-football and (shock, shock) the relationships with the Buckeye staff. This WILL NOT come down to the DB's Ohio State has put into the NFL recently. Remember, Battle is a south Florida kid, so he already has himself in The League in three years, and he already thinks he's better than Apple, Lattimore, Conley and Ward right now. In his mind, he's already going to The League whether he goes to OSU or FAU, so that's not the selling point with this kid at all. I published my Recruiting Rules a few years ago on Scout.com, and might repost them on 247Sports one day. This is Rule #1, and it will never, ever change for me. 1- If you believe nothing else from this point forward, understand this: Recruiting is ALL about comfort and relationships. If you don't have both covered with the player, he is at risk to flee. And comfort can be different for each kid. Your RELATIONSHIP with him tells you what is most important to him.”

Thanks for posting... not much there other than the OSU mod hedging himself

Advertisement
Thanks for posting... not much there other than the OSU mod hedging himself

10000%
Just bringing it to you guys. His tune has changed on Battle though tremendously from a couple of months ago where he said no way Battle signs with us. I don’t want to get sucked in on this one because I’ve seen this movie before but it’s getting close.

Sounds positive. The Azzz Hole that down voted you I up voted you and will cook his **** on future posts Must be an Ohio State butt kisser.
To be fair to that poster, this interface makes it way too easy where you leave reactions unintentionally while scrolling on mobile. I’ve caught myself downvoting good posts by accident all the time.

Ivins has a recruiting nugget on Battle on TOS but I can't see it. from the up votes though I'd say it's good news.

Advertisement
Ivins has a recruiting nugget on Battle on TOS but I can't see it. from the up votes though I'd say it's good news.

Same post as above.

Ivins initially just said the visit last week was HUGE in making Miami a factor in his recruitment. He said a trusted source close to Battle said that before that visit last week he would have said Battle would commit while up at OSU. Now, after last weekend, he doesn't feel that will necessarily happen at all this weekend.

Same post as above.

Ivins initially just said the visit last week was HUGE in making Miami a factor in his recruitment. He said a trusted source close to Battle said that before that visit last week he would have said Battle would commit while up at OSU. Now, after last weekend, he doesn't feel that will necessarily happen at all this weekend.

Word!

To be fair to that poster, this interface makes it way too easy where you leave reactions unintentionally while scrolling on mobile. I’ve caught myself downvoting good posts by accident all the time.

Well that explains all my downvotes.

Advertisement
I'm a huge fan of Jordan Battle. Love his game and think he is in that elite category of safeties. I would love to finish the 2019 DB group with Stevenson, Battle and Richards. If Richards wants to play WR then get Jaden Davis and call it a day.

CB
Brownlee
Couch
Good
J. Davis
Richards?
S
Stevenson
Smith
Battle
Richards?

Anyway you slice it, the above is an excellent DB haul. Obviously any class that includes guys like Richards and Stevenson will automatically be considered excellent.

I'm a huge fan of Jordan Battle. Love his game and think he is in that elite category of safeties. I would love to finish the 2019 DB group with Stevenson, Battle and Richards. If Richards wants to play WR then get Jaden Davis and call it a day.

CB
Brownlee
Couch
Good
J. Davis
Richards?
S
Stevenson
Smith
Battle
Richards?

Anyway you slice it, the above is an excellent DB haul. Obviously any class that includes guys like Richards and Stevenson will automatically be considered excellent.
Give me Stevenson, davis, battle, Richards to lock up the db class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back