Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Again, perception, & I’ll be frank, ur perception is extraordinarily jaded b/c:
1. U’re an older alum
2. U’re a fan.

That’s OK, but the facts show throughout CFB’ds history, it’s usually a 15 - 20 yr pendulum swing of the same culprits either winning, playing, or in discussion for the Nat’l Title. Also w/in that window, u’ll see a team come out of nowhere trying to crash the party.

The ONLY difference today is what the CFP have done to eliminate any possibility of subjectiveness. U’re not going to see a split Nat’l Title or a G5 team who go undefeated given votes to be crowned.

With that being said, you are right about the environment changing; but that’s w/ any business. We’re in an era where players r being treated as FA, facilities looking like the Taj Mahal, coaches making 8 figure #’s, conference alignments where it’s us (P5’s) & the others (G5’s). But don’t get it twisted, the game is the game; it’s the haves & have nots & that still rotates.

We’re just frustrated b/c we haven’t been a “have” in 20 yrs. That’s a fact, whether u want to look in the mirror or not. I’m honest w/ myself; I had zero problems w/ CFB during our run, & “if” we were Bama, I would love CFB even more. I’m bitter af, now, b/c we’ve been down. EVERY fan base go through that.

I’m mildly amused that you are characterizing my perception as being jaded when I’m stating just straight facts.

In that era there were different teams, more teams, they changed year to year, but yet that’s somehow jaded to state that? And then the contrast that with the current era which is dominated by strictly one league and basically one team with a couple of other bit players.

It was not like that before.

Here is your original question which kicked this off.

General ? 4 the board who said the sport was ruined by 3 to 4 teams allowed to cheat….

Let’s say we were one of those 3 to 4 teams, would u feel the sport was ruined? Honestly.

It is a hypothetical, that is undisputed and indisputable.

Then you started to hypothesize if we were one of those three or four teams that was allowed to cheat, and then I clearly and decisively debunked that comparison because we were never part of a cabal of three or four teams that were allowed to cheat.

I mean I haven’t moved any goal post here, and I’m not saying this to be confrontational, but you have.

if you’re asking just a general question if people on top are always going to be looked at in a certain way, and those that are not on top are going to accuse them of whatever, that’s a completely different question.

But back to the original thesis, we were never “that“ team, we were never like Bama was, we were never in anything close to their situation f the last 15 years.

Advertisement
Schedule C income.

Player gets a 1099 (he is NOT a statutory employee). Player can deduct reasonable business expenses. Player then pays income tax (fed and state) and Self-Employment tax (fed).
That social security ax is a killer as you're resonsible for the full
I thought it was reported on here that UK offered 750k?
Seriously doubt $750K is in the ballpark for Addison at this point

Advertisement
I’m mildly amused that you are characterizing my perception as being jaded when I’m stating just straight facts.

In that era there were different teams, more teams, they changed year to year, but yet that’s somehow jaded to state that? And then the contrast that with the current era which is dominated by strictly one league and basically one team with a couple of other bit players.

It was not like that before.

Here is your original question which kicked this off.

It is a hypothetical, that is undisputed and indisputable.

Then you started to hypothesize if we were one of those three or four teams that was allowed to cheat, and then I clearly and decisively debunked that comparison because we were never part of a cabal of three or four teams that were allowed to cheat.

I mean I haven’t moved any goal post here, and I’m not saying this to be confrontational, but you have.

if you’re asking just a general question if people on top are always going to be looked at in a certain way, and those that are not on top are going to accuse them of whatever, that’s a completely different question.

But back to the original thesis, we were never “that“ team, we were never like Bama was, we were never in anything close to their situation f the last 15 years.

Ur post history shows it’s jaded. Lol. Anyways…..lol

And u say we never were Bama in 15 yrs huh? Interesting.

What do the “facts” show:
-Bama 2007 - 2022
9 Championship Games: 6 Titles

-Miami 1983 - 1997 (b/c it’s a different era I have to spell it out):
-‘83 Nat’l Champs
-‘85 #2 team entering Sugar Bowl vs. Tennessee. **We win, we are Nat’l Champs w/ PSU losing their bowl game**
-‘86 #1 vs. # 2 PSU for Nat’l Title
-‘87 Nat’l Champs
-‘88 We know the blown ref call (ended the season #2)
-‘89 Nat’l Champs
-‘90 (ended #3)
-‘91 Nat’l Champs
-‘92 played for Nat’l Title v. Bama
-‘94 #3 team vs. #1 Nebraska

I would say we had a pretty significant 15 yr run, and if there was a CFP, we would’ve been in the CFP 10x out of those 15 yrs. Again, u’re using recency prejudice to distort facts. We were Bama b4 Bama went on this run. And for the record, THAT’s why my ? wasn’t a hypothetical b/c we lived it. U seem to be the only one who can’t admit CFB is broken b/c we ain’t done chit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Drugs are bad mmkay
Bad to the Bone.....
img_1_1651134342381.jpg

Advertisement
Back