Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
And for everybody that’s feeling bad for Pitt for losing Addison, just know they already anticipated it.

They brought in two Portal WR’s this offseason in Konata Mumpfield (from Akron) & Jerrod Bub Mean (from LA Tech).

Those are two good productive WR’s with speed & playmaking ability, are they as good as Addison? Of course not, but Pitt is not left without any WR’s they’ll be fine.

But think of it like this, how Pitt feels about Addison is how Akron feels about Mumpfield, so which one are we supposed to feel sorry for? Exactly... NEITHER ONE lol.

“What if it happens to Miami?” Who’s fault is that? Ours! It’s every Man/Team for himself, it’s roll or get rolled on & you’re either rolling or getting flattened, so we better figure out to how roll or get comfortable being on the ground...

So since yall are feeling nervous about NIL, somebody tell us we roll?!?!?
We wouldn’t even be in the “game” if not for Ruiz and Mario.

That's a very short sited and racist outlook. There's rich black coaches and also white players involved with NIL as well. There's no reason to bring race into the argument. It's unnecessary and it's a flawed narrative this generation of wanting instant reward without hard work wants to push. You do realized most of these coaches didn't start off making millions of dollars. They started off at the bottom and worked their way up just like players working themselves up into becoming professional athletes making millions more at that level. In addition, most of those coaches (black/white) were former players themselves. There's a reason teams have coaches, armies have commanders, boats have captains, etc. Men/Women need to be lead by someone when trying to reach a common goal. Not saying the players don't matter, but your view in regards to the coaches is way skewed in the wrong direction.

Your argument is College football is/was/always will be unbalanced, but as long as the players are now getting paid lets let it go over the cliff and leave it broken. That just doesn't seem like a recipe for success. You do realize the more out of balance the sport becomes were there's fewer haves then have nots that's going to be less opportunities for student athletes to participate at the top division and continue to get paid with good NIL deals. There's a reason professional sports have caps, regulations, and rules in place to keep things competitive between all the teams. Otherwise, you have product not many people continue to want to watch.
lol so you had no problem with Saban getting his mansion paid by boosters and Bama having an unlimited budget for analysts but a WR that’s worked his butt off since he was 9/10 years old trying to maximize his hard work and you object

The players are the main attraction. Yes coaches help develop and refine but let Saban have a bunch of three stars and Manny have five stars and we’ll see who wins the game more often than not.

Name me a black coach that has taken Dabo’s stance.

Like @Liberty City El said y’all staunch capitalists but when it comes to college players getting paid y’all become Karl Marx. Smfh.

Advertisement
some of the NIL deals I have seen require player x to do in person events at place A and or B or the NIL will be null and void. this is how some of the NIL's keep a player locally...ie at the particular school. so for example every Thursday morning you must meet Brock in the blue lot for a steak lesson on promoting our A1 sauce . a player won't be able to do that if they transfer from say Miami to Oregon.

General ? 4 the board who said the sport was ruined by 3 to 4 teams allowed to cheat….

Let’s say we were one of those 3 to 4 teams, would u feel the sport was ruined? Honestly.
Good question.

Yeah Im that guy for better or for worse. As a Yankee fan, I was still in favor of some rule changes that gave the smaller market teams a leg up to compete. Beating someone on a level playing field feels better than winning from cheating that gave me a clear advantage. We can still win the whole **** thing on a level playing field.

Advertisement
Tampering is the NCAA term which prevents schools from making contact with players under scholarship. That is an actual NCAA violation but its next to impossible to enforce it because it's next to impossible to prove who made contact first with whom; school, player, friend of player, parent, school to parent, player to player.

But this is a real thing. I have a nephew who is under scholarship at school A. The coach at school A contacted the coach at school B about my nephew transferring to school B (it's a playing time issue). My nephew went on an unofficial visit to school B, but he could not meet with any coach while at school B. His tour of the facilities was handled entirely by players. Then the family went to a baseball game where they "waved" to the head coach of school B. Mind you this was all set up by the coach at school A. But they played all these games so as not to run afoul of the NCAA rule on "tampering".

The NCAA is not able to do anything to a player if a university "tampers" with the player, but the NCAA can penalize the university. And the penalty can include not allowing the university to offer a scholarship to the player in question.
Could the NCAA not also rule tampered-with players ineligible?

Good question.

Yeah Im that guy for better or for worse. As a Yankee fan, I was still in favor of some rule changes that gave the smaller market teams a leg up to compete. Beating someone on a level playing field feels better than winning from cheating that gave me a clear advantage. We can still win the whole **** thing on a level playing field.
This assumes everyone is going to play fair, which, the SEC has proven the last 10 years, they wont. You give other teams that haven't won in ages a leg up, and then they start cheating and you get the Astros 🤝

Yup…. It’s just so new and most feel a pressure to keep up.

One of the first ones to case study is that Ewers(sp) who went to OSU got a million dollar NIL then left to Texas for what I’m guessing was another huge NIL…. Kid hasn’t done jack on the field yet has gotten paid…. Be interesting if more kids like him keep taking money without producing before boosters say enough with the high school potential I’d rather throw my money at proven commodities I.e addisions etc…
How do we know much Ewers got paid?

IIRC, he had a three-year, totaling $1.5M (?) deal to sign memorabilia and make public appearances. Never saw the field unless mop-up duty. Did the company he signed with pay the $1.5M? Was the contract guaranteed? Or perhaps his lack of playing time reduced value and while he ended up making money his income was nothing near $1.5M.

Advertisement
General ? 4 the board who said the sport was ruined by 3 to 4 teams allowed to cheat….

Let’s say we were one of those 3 to 4 teams, would u feel the sport was ruined? Honestly.

It’s a hypothetical, it hasn’t happened. So I don’t even know how to answer the question.

And guess what, we’re not ever going to have the type of advantage that Alabama has had as well as a couple of other SEC schools had in the past.

'No' would be the near-consensus answer.

Most of us are angered by a handful of teams gaming of the system because Miami is not a member of that club.

The universities aren’t paying the kids, why should their be a cap on how much someone can make from a third party? In the past, the ncaa has force kids to forfeit their scholarships or to discontinue any business ventures they have started. Why should that have been a choice? The ncaa earned over a billion dollars in revenue back in 2021. They aren’t ones playing the games. We weren’t tuning to watch Mark Emmert. I find it funny some people call for it to be regulated when coaches are making millions. Let the kids make their share, the ncaa still isn’t giving them a slice of the pie. And the poster’s post wasn’t racist. It is reality.
I would definitely tune in to watch Mark Emmert in the Oklahoma drill

Advertisement
lol so you had no problem with Saban getting his mansion paid by boosters and Bama having an unlimited budget for analysts but a WR that’s worked his butt off since he was 9/10 years old trying to maximize his hard work and you object

The players are the main attraction. Yes coaches help develop and refine but let Saban have a bunch of three stars and Manny have five stars and we’ll see who wins the game more often than not.

Name me a black coach that has taken Dabo’s stance.

Like @Liberty City El said y’all staunch capitalists but when it comes to college players getting paid y’all become Karl Marx. Smfh.
He talking bout its racist. Its the white coaches in the main, not all, that have been vehemently against it. Because anything that makes them lose control they are against it. They asked Dabo how can he be making that much money but be against it for the players, the clown said free markets. Free markets for him, slave labor for the players. The clown also said the baggage collectors are really import as the pilots in the airport, in relation to the players and the coaches. These man are saying and showing exactly who they are. Look what Tuberville has become and the stuff he says. This was the man with 70, 80% of the players he coached any year be black players. I don't believe any of them have any good will to the players of a certain shade other than to make them get their big raises and mansions. Plain has day

Would likely fail a SCOTUS case.
I wonder about that. Is it a one size fits all proposition - that you would be micro targeting a segment of the population (all college students in this scenario) and limiting their wage earning? Because otherwise Ive never read that a maximum wage law is unconstitutional - it’s just never been seriously pursued.

Eventually, players will ***** themselves with what they consider bad deals. Not enough money (less than the latest guy), or didn't realize the deal was exclusive, or pays less than imagined because the player's value is reduced by a better player taking his spot, or gets injured. And guess what, you didn't read the clause that says you need to pay back all or a portion of your signing bonus or advance payment you didn't earn. Or you transferred.

Of course, its only a matter time we will learn of players out of school, not in the NFL, and owing large sums of back taxes with compounding penalties. Or, family and handlers spent and swindled the money. Or, blew the money since its the first real money they've ever had and thought only in the short term...new cars, bling, clothes. All the money to be made up by NFL money that never materializes.

Won't happen? Do you think Booster Collectives and unscrupulous agents care about the player? Some do, yes. Many won't.

Advertisement
Back