Jordan Addison to the portal

Exactly, all NILs are are side hustles/endorsement deals.

All of these people that want to cap NILs, know **** well they would tell their bosses at their regular gigs to kick rocks if that boss tried to cap how much they made at their side gigs.

These people fail to look at these nonsensical NCAA rules in real life terms.
Well, WWE did make all of their wrestlers hand over their social media accounts. No more third party Twitch streaming. For some it was a very lucrative side business and at least one left the company over the ultimatum. Like CFB players, they’re not unionized either.

Advertisement
1,000% they should.

Addison isn’t under contract at Pitt, they haven’t offered him a NIl deal, therefore he’s free to take any deal he wants.

And if USC or Bama, or any school wants to take a player from another team, it’s up to that team to do what they have to do to keep’em, if they can’t oh well, tough luck. There is no fairness in Football, it’s an arms race to the top & only losers cry about not having enough guns for the War.

What’s happening with college football is called blowback. For decades & decades the NCAA generated BILLIONS of dollars worth of revenue & never shared a penny of it with it’s players & technically speaking they’re still not, but they created a system that forced players to have to have take money under the table in order to have a feasible rationalization that aligns with the economic system that sport has embedded in it anyway. So now the veil has been lifted & the light has been turned on in the room, so all the big money you see being thrown around is just a residual of years of not being able to profit from the beginning.

This NIL movement is an economic bubble, specifically an equity bubble & we’re just in the Takeoff stage of the bubble which is still in the beginning. NIL is a speculative market right now where the product is being sold at a higher valuation price than what the retainable profit is as of now, because there’s no way to know what the exact return on investment will be, even with proven commodities in accomplished players/upperclassmen like Addison. What fans who are hesitant about the whole process are waiting on is the Critical stage, where the valuation decreases & the product sells at much lower price than originally purchased, meaning most of yall are just waiting for the market to crash & if you understand economics, it absolutely will.

Markets self correct, yall want the market to preemptively corrected before it crashes simply due to fear, but that destroys incentive & makes buyers keep their money in their pocket. It’s really simple, NIL will be corrected once it starts negatively effecting the powerhouse schools, but until then it has to stay as open & unregulated as possible in order to level an unbalanced playing field.

Once the restrictions come, things will reset back to the way they were before & the only thing it will really limit is who gets to play the game. What yall want is equality, but there is no such thing as equality in competition, there will always be schools that have more than others, the only way to defeat it is with ingenuity & intelligence.
You Son of an Onion. You sucked me in to this conversation with this post. Great discussion and great points from everybody.

The "Market" analogy is good one. I think a lot of people want it preemptively corrected because 1. They just arent used to status quo being disrupted. Change is hard for some and takes longer to accept/adapt 2. Fear that the product we love so much could really deteriorate to a terrible product, and 3. we all know its unsustainable without correction...human nature, we like to fix things.

Im personally glad the wealth is justifiably shifting towards the players. Long time overdue. This sport has been deteriorating and painfully predictable the past 10 + years. So many fans are sick of knowing which 4 schools will probably be in the playoffs before Week 1. The status quo needed to change. We are in the beginning phase of everything being shaken up. We dont quite know how to put value on some of these NIL's. ****, the market could go up even more the next few cycles before it starts crashing, which I think it will. But as you said, it will be corrected. Once the return on investment drops from these massive payouts, or the blue bloods feel the pain, then you will see change.

Right now there are 2 buses. The Haves (Bus #1) and the Have Nots (Bus #2). The good part about NIL is that now there are more teams in Bus #1 that can now compete for a title. Thank the fcking Lord that Miami can afford to be on Bus #1 right now. The problem is that the gap will completely widen between Bus 1 and Bus 2. Those on Bus 2 wont have a prayer to be competitive once we get through a few cycles of this. So what happens then? Will those universities basically give up on trying to compete/jump on Bus 1 if they dont have the resources, so they pull what resources they do have into football out and towards other programs? If that happens, that eventually hurts the student athletes who arent playing for the teams on Bus 1. That could hurt the sport and the fanbase. If/when they do start putting regulations in, the cheaters will quickly try to figure out how to get around them to get an advantage. This is where this **** needs to be policed, audited and enforced, without bias.

I do think however, there can be at least SOME level of equality in competition. The NFL has done pretty well in that aspect. Even in MLB that has notoriously been unbalanced, have made adjustments that have helped create some level of equality. No system is perfect. The NIL system is a good place to start change. But it wont be the finished framework. Not everyone will be on the same bus in college football. But as things get tweaked, I think the system can make sure that the buses are closer together, while still giving these young student athletes a truly fair opportunity to share in the wealth of the product that they work so hard at making. This is where "ingenuity and intelligence" is needed. I chuckle though at the thought of it coming from the NCAA.

We fvckin or not?

Hip Hop Rap GIF

Advertisement
Are we gonna start seeing NIL contracts with no transfer clauses or length of stay bonuses? Seems like if you're gonna give a kid a NIL you'd want him to stay for all of his eligibility, or at least until he's draftable. ****'s wild right now but I'm glad a wrench got thrown into bag teams engines. All of college football should be tired of the bag teams. Some wont capitalize, but others will and that'll take players and spread the talent out more than it has been. More teams will have a punchers chance. In the long run this will be better for college ball then letting bag games go on indefinitely.

Exactly, all NILs are are side hustles/endorsement deals.

All of these people that want to cap NILs, know **** well they would tell their bosses at their regular gigs to kick rocks if that boss tried to cap how much they made at their side gigs.

These people fail to look at these nonsensical NCAA rules in real life terms.

Thank you. I find it hilarious the one poster come here caping for the universities and sympathizing for them as if they are victims. “But they get their degrees…” The ncaa found a way where they can still get away with not compensating players and people are still mad talking about a cap. Like you said, they would be heated if their boss told them they had a limit on how much they earn on the side. It’s ridiculous to even debate this.

Are we gonna start seeing NIL contracts with no transfer clauses or length of stay bonuses? Seems like if you're gonna give a kid a NIL you'd want him to stay for all of his eligibility, or at least until he's draftable. ****'s wild right now but I'm glad a wrench got thrown into bag teams engines. All of college football should be tired of the bag teams. Some wont capitalize, but others will and that'll take players and spread the talent out more than it has been. More teams will have a punchers chance. In the long run this will be better for college ball then letting bag games go on indefinitely.

No… This is ridiculous. If anything the outside source would encourage them to transfer if they don’t play or lose. Ewers & Rattler had to leave. No one is paying a mil to benchwarmers.

Advertisement
can't see how an NIL deal can legally forbid a kid from transferring. Seems like a labor lawyer could argue restraint of trade.

No… This is ridiculous. If anything the outside source would encourage them to transfer if they don’t play or lose. Ewers & Rattler had to leave. No one is paying a mil to benchwarmers.
What? Of course not.. I'm referring to guys like Garcia or TVD who other teams might want to poach.. or maybe an incoming 5 star who gets a NIL as soon as he gets here.

What? Of course not.. I'm referring to guys like Garcia or TVD who other teams might want to poach.. or maybe an incoming 5 star who gets a NIL as soon as he gets here.

Oh okay. My bad, good question. How much would they offer them to leave? We are a p5 program with a rich history. We have hoopers rumored to earn 6 figure nil deals. If a school want to offer 7 figures, I say match or let them go. I’m of the belief that you can find talented football players to sustain winning. Tennessee didn’t win with Manning but they won with Tee Martin. Martin wasn’t better than Manning.

Advertisement
Oh okay. My bad, good question. How much would they offer them to leave? We are a p5 program with a rich history. We have hoopers rumored to earn 6 figure nil deals. If a school want to offer 7 figures, I say match or let them go. I’m of the belief that you can find talented football players to sustain winning. Tennessee didn’t win with Manning but they won with Tee Martin. Martin wasn’t better than Manning.
It's hard for me to separate team and NIL yet. But if I were a NIL guy like Ruiz and I wanted to give a guy a mil to promote my brand it would suck to lose him in the middle of the contract to another NIL/team. You pay a dude to market for your brand and now you can't get full return because he's wearing ugly *** garnet and gold or some ****. I'm just spitballing cause I have no idea how the NIL contracts are setup. Lawyers and agents will figure it out I guess.

You Son of an Onion. You sucked me in to this conversation with this post. Great discussion and great points from everybody.

The "Market" analogy is good one. I think a lot of people want it preemptively corrected because 1. They just arent used to status quo being disrupted. Change is hard for some and takes longer to accept/adapt 2. Fear that the product we love so much could really deteriorate to a terrible product, and 3. we all know its unsustainable without correction...human nature, we like to fix things.

Im personally glad the wealth is justifiably shifting towards the players. Long time overdue. This sport has been deteriorating and painfully predictable the past 10 + years. So many fans are sick of knowing which 4 schools will probably be in the playoffs before Week 1. The status quo needed to change. We are in the beginning phase of everything being shaken up. We dont quite know how to put value on some of these NIL's. ****, the market could go up even more the next few cycles before it starts crashing, which I think it will. But as you said, it will be corrected. Once the return on investment drops from these massive payouts, or the blue bloods feel the pain, then you will see change.

Right now there are 2 buses. The Haves (Bus #1) and the Have Nots (Bus #2). The good part about NIL is that now there are more teams in Bus #1 that can now compete for a title. Thank the fcking Lord that Miami can afford to be on Bus #1 right now. The problem is that the gap will completely widen between Bus 1 and Bus 2. Those on Bus 2 wont have a prayer to be competitive once we get through a few cycles of this. So what happens then? Will those universities basically give up on trying to compete/jump on Bus 1 if they dont have the resources, so they pull what resources they do have into football out and towards other programs? If that happens, that eventually hurts the student athletes who arent playing for the teams on Bus 1. That could hurt the sport and the fanbase. If/when they do start putting regulations in, the cheaters will quickly try to figure out how to get around them to get an advantage. This is where this **** needs to be policed, audited and enforced, without bias.

I do think however, there can be at least SOME level of equality in competition. The NFL has done pretty well in that aspect. Even in MLB that has notoriously been unbalanced, have made adjustments that have helped create some level of equality. No system is perfect. The NIL system is a good place to start change. But it wont be the finished framework. Not everyone will be on the same bus in college football. But as things get tweaked, I think the system can make sure that the buses are closer together, while still giving these young student athletes a truly fair opportunity to share in the wealth of the product that they work so hard at making. This is where "ingenuity and intelligence" is needed. I chuckle though at the thought of it coming from the NCAA.

Good post, and just to add onto what you said, I hear a lot of people saying that NIL is ruining the sport, this sport was already fūcking ruined by 3 or 4 teams with a license to cheat that were dominating for the last 10 or 15 years.

There was no mystery going into the season. We all knew what was was going to happen.

The SEC/Alabama slurpfest was getting tedious.

Advertisement
Ok, so far from this thread I've got:
1) S-corp instead of LLC
2) Even if you live in California, spend 6 months + 1 day in Florida
3) Dwarf **** > nun ****
4) Congress is drooling over NIL, but can't touch it
5) Some kind of labor law tampering contract marketing WWE Bus NCAA onion ****
BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ADDISON EVEN ENTERED THE PORTAL????

Good post, and just to add onto what you said, I hear a lot of people saying that NIL is ruining the sport, this sport was already fūcking ruined by 3 or 4 teams with a license to cheat that were dominating for the last 10 or 15 years.

There was no mystery going into the season. We all knew what was was going to happen.

The SEC/Alabama slurpfest was getting tedious.
You betchya. I don’t want to hear that this was some sort of sacred cow that didn’t need to be shaken up. NIL is a start.

can't see how an NIL deal can legally forbid a kid from transferring. Seems like a labor lawyer could argue restraint of trade.

This is a really good article regarding the “supposed” parameters around NIL. This is the slippery slope, which is y most reports come out & say “player X received Y amount of $$ to attend University Z.” This is where loop holes r exploited, but could come back to bite a booster.

Advertisement
Back