Jordan Addison to the portal

Going rhe La Rams route minus trading all their picks ? Yeah lol. I think there‘ll be some drastic changes eventually , this is the wild Wild West right now.
and as I mentioned before, a high school recruit can exit whenever they want for immediate eligibility.

meanwhile, a transfer can't leave you without sitting 1 year.

no brainer, give me to proven college player transfer.

Advertisement
Here the latest rumor on how much Addison will be receiving from SC

3E3AE915-26C6-4DE8-949D-A41B6933A621.jpeg

NIL AND Transfer portal is bad, for the sport.
I do not agree that it is bad for the sport compared to what we have had the last decade.

A lot of (alleged) under the table SEC elites basically owning the Sport with a few blips on the radar every handful of years from other Conferences.

What is happening now is legal. And there will always be haves and have nots.

But we also must emphasize that there are multi-million-dollar corporations all over this country that will be able to do NIL deals. So it may open things up more for the sport.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would keep my powder dry before I believe this. It may be true but who the **** is Carlo VeltrI.
Carlo Veltri looks like an assistant general manager of a Buca di Beppo in suburban Pittsburgh whose highlight of his life is the time he got to comp a meal for Dan Marino's sister. Or at least she said she was.

Screenshot_20220501-175245_Twitter.jpg

I don't believe the Pitt hype.

Everyone and their momma was saying similar things about UNC last year. Their schedule is weak blah, blah.
They found a way to lose a bunch of games and were over-hyped as a top 10 team by most preseason "experts".

Pitt is in the same Coastal hype ilk. They will probably find ways to lose games on their schedule that you think they should win.

People overestimated UNC because of young talent that never ended up producing.

Pitt is getting a lot of buzz because they are returning the vast majority of a roster that went 11-3 last year. And they would have went 12-2 if Pickett played in the bowl game.

If Slovis ends up being an above-average quarterback, they’ll be really good this year. And if Addison ends up staying, they will win 10+ games again.

This mfer says Saban hates nil and that he “warned us” because he said “if this is what you want that this is what you’re gonna get” and he’s gonna be able to outspend everybody.

LOL that the school that literally has been paying people for years to go there is now warning everyone that they’re going to be able to pay people more than everyone.

But he doesn’t mention the fact that the reason people are wanting to pay more for kids to go to their school is because Bama has been paying kids illegaly to go there and so have the front runners.

The fact of the matter is they created this problem and schools that spend money on athletic facilities are upset that while they were trying hard to spend money on coaches, facilities and recruiting budgets, it didn’t matter because Alabama Georgia Ohio State and the rest of the front runners were paying the kids directly on top of what they spent on facilities. It seems like all the front runner schools were using facilities and coaches as an excuse to counter the bag game accusations.

In other words, why wouldn’t a kid want to come up here? look what we’re spending on coaches look what we’re spending on facilities. Just like Jimbo did when he was questioned about his recruiting class and he flew off the handle. He knows that they had to pay for that class.

Yeah right!! what he should’ve said was “nick Saban is warning you guys that he has been able to and will continue to pay more than you can”

Advertisement

Pitt is getting a lot of buzz because they are returning the vast majority of a roster that went 11-3 last year. And they would have went 12-2 if Pickett played in the bowl game.

If Slovis ends up being an above-average quarterback, they’ll be really good this year. And if Addison ends up staying, they will win 10+ games again.
I think they can win the division but I just have a gut feeling they are just being over- hyped like most other teams from years past.

New QB and new Offensive Coordinator.

Last year they snuck up as champs with little expectations. This year they have the target on their backs due to high expectations and will be the hunted as they say.

I am penciling them in for 4 losses just because ACC Coastal Champs usually flame out like a long dumpster fire the very next year.

This mfer says Saban hates nil and that he “warned us” because he said “if this is what you want that this is what you’re gonna get” and he’s gonna be able to outspend everybody.

LOL that the school that literally has been paying people for years to go there is now warning everyone that they’re going to be able to pay people more than everyone.

But he doesn’t mention the fact that the reason people are wanting to pay more for kids to go to their school is because Bama has been paying kids illegaly to go there and so have the front runners.

The fact of the matter is they created this problem and schools that spend money on athletic facilities are upset that while they were trying hard to spend money on coaches, facilities and recruiting budgets, it didn’t matter because Alabama Georgia Ohio State and the rest of the front runners were paying the kids directly on top of what they spent on facilities. It seems like all the front runner schools were using facilities and coaches as an excuse to counter the bag game accusations.

In other words, why wouldn’t a kid want to come up here? look what we’re spending on coaches look what we’re spending on facilities. Just like Jimbo did when he was questioned about his recruiting class and he flew off the handle. He knows that they had to pay for that class.

Yeah right!! what he should’ve said was “nick Saban is warning you guys that he has been able to and will continue to pay more than you can”

Nick Saban warned us?

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

So all that for a guy that's gonna be there no longer than 2yrs? I mean, he's draft eligible after next season right? DOUBT IT!!!

Nick Saban warned us?

Episode 2 Whatever GIF
The video said that Saban had warned us about the transfer portal and nil. He says that Saban doesn’t think it’s good for the sport.
Lol so I guess the millions that booster base has spent recruiting the best a talent was awesome for cfb.

I guess seeing fsu and UM become laughing stocks while he bought all the best players from the state was awesome for the sport.

Advertisement
Carlo Veltri looks like an assistant general manager of a Buca di Beppo in suburban Pittsburgh whose highlight of his life is the time he got to comp a meal for Dan Marino's sister. Or at least she said she was.

View attachment 184530
I will complain to him about their high prices for garlic bread which is basically their old free bread with a bit of garlic butter on it.

But I will admit that I do like their prosciutto fried chicken dish.

u know they lost to western michigan with pickett and addison last year. Slovis cant run he is pocket passer and not great by passer by any means- without addison they have no one on offense the scares u. backs and te are pretty average. Their defense is feast or famine, they are overly aggressive and get exposed a lot even by us. They have a lot of 3 star talent and coached well but very beatable i expect them to end of 8-4 without addison.

The video said that Saban had warned us about the transfer portal and nil. He says that Saban doesn’t think it’s good for the sport.
Lol so I guess the millions that booster base has spent recruiting the best a talent was awesome for cfb.

I guess seeing fsu and UM become laughing stocks while he bought all the best players from the state was awesome for the sport.
Yeah I'm agreeing with you, I made a similar post yesterday. Same 4 or 5 teams have the only realistic chances of winning it all was great for CFB.

**** em, let it burn.

Advertisement
Don't think anybody cares if these players get paid. They can make 10 million and I doubt ppl have an issue with it.

The issue, and for the sport is, when only a select few schools (SEC and a few others) can just buy and poach players at will.

NIL is not bad.

Transfer portal is not bad.

NIL AND Transfer portal is bad, for the sport.
It’s always been the haves versus the have nots. The difference is everything is public.

I can see some tweaks with the transfer portal under the guise of trying to help high school recruits.

Unless you put in place a coaching and staff salary cap and a cap on a school’s budget and a cap on how many five and four stars a school can sign, you aren’t going to stop those schools.

Prior to NIL, there were really only 5-7 teams that could win the championship so what’s the problem now?

I don’t understand how all of these capitalists on here have a problem with the free market.

Until last year Alabama boosters could offer cars and $300K to get recruits. Can they afford to do the same when every transfer or 5 star high school player is going to be looking for $1M plus? Are they capable and prepared to spend 3x - 5x (or more) the amount that they have been budgeting?

Sites like Rivals, 247, and On3 are gonna have to be way more responsible now that high school recruits are essentially getting nfl money before ever playing anything relevant

I will say what I basically said before.

If it keeps kids in college longer then I do not care if they are making more than NFL second round picks.
To me it will make the College game better (the sport I love more anyway) by keeping better players around for longer periods of time.

So many people around here defend our players for making bonehead decisions declaring for the draft by saying things like "He has a baby, a family to take care of."

Well now players have a way of making money in college and people are still complaining????

And absolutely nothing is keeping those 2nd round NFL picks from going around the city where they were drafted in and saying look , I can do commercials for your local business.
\
This is a Free and Open market.

Yeah nobody is saying that they shouldn’t get whatever they can get, they’re just questioning this particular number from some guy that just popped out of the woodwork

Advertisement
Back