Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
Not that disagree but how exactly can it be regulated?
Congressional action - but even then Iā€™m not certain it passes court muster. Lawyers on the site can answer. Iā€™m thinking though that if Iā€™m theory a maximum wage is legal, then at a federal level a law could be passed limiting student athlete NIL earnings to (x) dollars.

Advertisement
People blaming the portal for there being no parity after the top teams willing to spend money as if the championship game hasnā€™t just been SEC/Ohio State or Clemson the last 10 years. AKA the ā€œbag schoolsā€ were already dominating anyway.

It was already a game of haves and have nots, if anything all NIL did was allow us a seat at the table.
Exactly. More teams could spend, but a very select group of schools used the NCAA as their personal security force to prevent anyone else from breaking into the club. Whoever thought that this was ideal for the long term health of the sport - that it was a sustainable business model - was deluded.

This can never be talked about enough. He (along with others at SFE) are grifters who are always looking out for themselves in the form of handouts from bama, uga, osu, etc. heā€™s the new street agent/genron disguised as a corch.
You forgot one other description. ā€œMentorā€.

I PRAY that this new era of NIL starts to marginalize these leeches and I think Ruiz started to hint at it when he emphasized that LifeWallet pays their players "directly".

With bags legalized why would a kid need a two-bit handler- especially when they can now be "handled" by legitimate agents?
Maybe Coach Moe can form his own agency. Courtside Management

Advertisement
Cfb reporters be like
1651342573173.jpeg

Everytime I turn on his show which is admittedly rarely, I have heard him talk Miami up.
Same. Not a fan of him but heā€™s been consistently rooting for us to get back into the mix. When we win we have a top tier brand. No other Florida school has that. When people think of CFB programs that have dominated in long stretches before, weā€™re one that comes up. From 1980 - 1996 and 2000-2004 we were a consistently and contending NC program. UF was dominant from 94-96 & 2006- 2009. UF has never been dominant than for two or three years in a stretch. FSU ran the show from 93-99 but even then appeared in the same amount of NC games that we did that decade. They had their one off in 2013 and that all ended when Oregon smashed them in 2014.

Overall, weā€™ve played for more nattys and won more nattys than anyone else in Florida. We have an extremely recognizable brand thatā€™s put tons of stars into the NFL. No other Florida school has that, and itā€™s one reason why people like cowherd want us back in the mix.

Congressional action - but even then Iā€™m not certain it passes court muster. Lawyers on the site can answer. Iā€™m thinking though that if Iā€™m theory a maximum wage is legal, then at a federal level a law could be passed limiting student athlete NIL earnings to (x) dollars.
To be fair congress has no business regulating college athletics. It would be a complete overstep for them and would be very unpopular if, during record inflation and a recession, they wasted their time debating for a few weeks how much money college football players can earn

Advertisement
Last thing we need is for the most corrupt people in our nation (Congress) to get involved in this.

It's not unregulated now due to lack of desire TO regulate it or because of a slow moving NCAA. We exist and will stay in some iteration of this world because the NCAA refused to adapt at ALL and they ended up getting raped in da butt legally and legislatively as a result.

There's no putting this genie back in the bottle as Emmert & Co were too comfortable with the status quo (letting the SEC cheat and occasionally try to f*ck a Miami or USC) and too shortsighted to try to gain ANY legal cover by allowing at least some player control over their NIL. So the courts and state legislatures said "F you" and opened EVERYTHING up.
I don't disagree with what you are saying. It is very hard to put the genie back in the bottle but the power of the genie could be curtailed. While it wont go away anytime soon, I believe at some point it will be regulated.

When is Marioā€™s Columbus Crew & Mas bros getting involved with these NIL offers. Sign his *** up with Inter Miami like the Florida Panthers did with D'Eriq King.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with what you are saying. It is very hard to put the genie back in the bottle but the power of the genie could be curtailed. While it wont go away anytime soon, I believe at some point it will be regulated.
I think what we'll probably see is more structure. The market will probably be the only thing that will be able to curtail (or expand) the dollar figures that we're hearing thrown about now.

I could see more universal "regulation" involving date ranges to transfer, how many times you can transfer within a date range, transparency involving actual deals, people acting as unlicensed agents, harsh penalties for "illegal" deals, etc.

Advertisement
Back