Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
The only difference between Addison and every other elite player that entered the portal is timingā€¦ he doesnā€™t have the time to play it off like heā€™s freely looking at other schools before going to the school he has already made a deal with. I donā€™t feel sorry for Pitt and donā€™t agree with these itā€™s bad for college football narratives. Adapt or cry and weā€™re f**kn so I donā€™t want to go back to the way it was before.

The only difference between Addison and every other elite player that entered the portal is timingā€¦ he doesnā€™t have the time to play it off like heā€™s freely looking at other schools before going to the school he has already made a deal with. I donā€™t feel sorry for Pitt and donā€™t agree with these itā€™s bad for college football narratives. Adapt or cry and weā€™re f**kn so I donā€™t want to go back to the way it was before.
"Adapt or cry" . Good stuff!!! Not in recruiting, in life!

Advertisement
This is bad for college football and mark my word: It is unsustainable and sooner or later it will be highly regulated.

Heā€™s the ā€œGeneral managerā€ for SFE 7v7 team, heā€™s nothing more than a glorified hanger-on.

Heā€™s only relevant because he has access to a lot of high profile Broward/Dade/Pb kids because SF Exxpress is one of the premier 7v7 teams in South FL, but otherwise heā€™s just some goofball handler that is always looking for a hand out.
I PRAY that this new era of NIL starts to marginalize these leeches and I think Ruiz started to hint at it when he emphasized that LifeWallet pays their players "directly".

With bags legalized why would a kid need a two-bit handler- especially when they can now be "handled" by legitimate agents?

This..weā€™re gonna win much more than weā€™re gonna lose in this new cfb landscape so Iā€™m good with it..the schools that are gonna be crying about it have poor people problems..all I got to say to them is sucks to be you šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

This is bad for college football and mark my word: It is unsustainable and sooner or later it will be highly regulated.
It's not unregulated now due to lack of desire TO regulate it or because of a slow moving NCAA. We exist and will stay in some iteration of this world because the NCAA refused to adapt at ALL and they ended up getting raped in da butt legally and legislatively as a result.

There's no putting this genie back in the bottle as Emmert & Co were too comfortable with the status quo (letting the SEC cheat and occasionally try to f*ck a Miami or USC) and too shortsighted to try to gain ANY legal cover by allowing at least some player control over their NIL. So the courts and state legislatures said "F you" and opened EVERYTHING up.

Advertisement
Ncaa might have to institute a rule for transfers to stop the free agency market. Perhaps a rule that says players are generally allowed a one time transfer BUT if the player signs a NIL deal after transferring (I believe players are required to disclose they have NIL deals, but don't have to disclose terms), the player has to sit out for a year. It's not a perfect solution but it would cool down free agency. At the same time it doesn't punish the 3rd and 4th string players that are legitimately transferring to find more playing time.

I'm not complaining because UM is going to get left behind - we are one of the few teams that can clean up in free agency. This situation with Addison really puts the problem for the non top tier football schools into focus - they will basically become farm teams.

Last edited:
Love that!

Pre NIL some teams (Alabama, LSU, OU, and the other usual suspects) got to spend. Others theoretically could like a Miami or Ole Miss, but then the original batch of schools and their leader could get their NCAA stooges to crack down on any upstarts. And a ESPN who has a financial interest in keeping the SEC as the dominant CFB center would gleefully go after a Shapiro giving $100 to a player as ā€œthe worst thing everā€ and something worthy of ā€œshutting the program downā€.

NIL has removed those guard rails. Now itā€™s not limited to a stale, stodgy group of blue bloods. Other schools can safely play. If SMU wants to take on Texas again they can - no realistic fear of the NCAA investigating them for things other Texas schools were doing. This will shake things up and should be good for the sport, at least for now. Herbstreet was absolutely correct when he said it was bad for CFB that he could immediately tell you who was going to be in CFBā€™s national championship tournament the following year. That makes for an utterly boring sport that will eventually collapse.

The final thing. Money. Players were previously getting paid, but per Confessions of an SEC Bagman it wasnā€™t always in cash. Sometimes it was electronics or even farm equipment - and it was used to avoid suspicion in some cases. But regardless, the top dollar value amount was $300K pre NIL. Post, we see what players are actually worth. If a blue blood in the future wants a five star, itā€™s going to cost them a lot more than what they were previously getting away with.
Every thing u just said but it will all even out. Take the Nico kid getting 8 mill the CFB world is watching if heā€™s a bust then that contract will never happen again. The more that gets shelled out for recruiting classes and then have big busts the money will get less like A&M spending 30 mill if they donā€™t win JIMBO can say goodbye to ever getting that type of booster money again

Advertisement
People blaming the portal for there being no parity after the top teams willing to spend money as if the championship game hasnā€™t just been SEC/Ohio State or Clemson the last 10 years. AKA the ā€œbag schoolsā€ were already dominating anyway.

It was already a game of haves and have nots, if anything all NIL did was allow us a seat at the table.

It's not unregulated now due to lack of desire TO regulate it or because of a slow moving NCAA. We exist and will stay in some iteration of this world because the NCAA refused to adapt at ALL and they ended up getting raped in da butt legally and legislatively as a result.

There's no putting this genie back in the bottle as Emmert & Co were too comfortable with the status quo (letting the SEC cheat and occasionally try to f*ck a Miami or USC) and too shortsighted to try to gain ANY legal cover by allowing at least some player control over their NIL. So the courts and state legislatures said "F you" and opened EVERYTHING up.
Exactly. Hence, my question above. This notion that it can be regulated, Iā€™m very curious how and by who?

Advertisement
Its not bad for college football. Man like to chat. Every team thats losing players have the ability to also bring in players. People hate change and things that take them out of their comfort zone. Thats why the same few teams are the only one with any chance, even against teams that make the playoffs, some had no chance like Cincinnati and Washington

Heā€™s the ā€œGeneral managerā€ for SFE 7v7 team, heā€™s nothing more than a glorified hanger-on.

Heā€™s only relevant because he has access to a lot of high profile Broward/Dade/Pb kids because SF Exxpress is one of the premier 7v7 teams in South FL, but otherwise heā€™s just some goofball handler that is always looking for a handout.

This can never be talked about enough. He (along with others at SFE) are grifters who are always looking out for themselves in the form of handouts from bama, uga, osu, etc. heā€™s the new street agent/genron disguised as a corch.

Advertisement
Back