Jordan Addison to the portal

Excited Freak Out GIF

"7 minute abs! If you don't like the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute, free!"

1651332695189.png

Advertisement
I don't think they can, it's just not realistic unfortunately. College football is dying imo. Sure Miami is benefiting which is great but overall the spirit of the sport has been destroyed.
It's been dead for over a decade.

What Saban has done at Alabama wasn't through coaching and having a winning personality. It's just out in the open now.

UVA should be competitive this year with that offense
I think Tony Elliott is a going to be a good HC as well. I had him on my list of potential Manny Diaz replacements. Clemson offense was bad in 2021 but he had like 5 Previous Years as CO/OC we're that offense was deadly. He turned down the Tennessee HC job in 2021 and a few others.

Advertisement
I gotta be real here, but man this would suck if you're a Pitt coach or fan. They literally haven't done a thing wrong and the guy will be the top receiver taken when he comes out. He doesn't need to go anywhere to get playing time, exposure, or anything, it's just money. Sure, Riley and company will use him well while Pitt is replacing their QB. Still, everyone knows what kind of baller he is.

Luckily we're in the buy the best team you can top 25, but it's not pretty. I'll see how it all plays out, but I've always been against bags at bag schools, now we're one of them and players picking school based on bills? I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to say a school tampered with a player. Well no ****, it's already happened, here, and elsewhere.

This is starting to look like the NFL. College football used to be more fun, players stayed with teams and developed, etc. **** time if you aren't a bag / NIL school.
I think this has always been the Pandoras Box effect that was the concern when people were slamming their fists saying “players should be paid”

We knew it wouldn’t be that simple

It’s going to be a wild ride. I’m just happy we are on the right side of things

Advertisement
This better be a warning sign to all p5 schools with a dude that starts looking like a stud. They should’ve been reaching out to every booster from that school to throw everything at the kid to make sure this didn’t happen.
If they were throwing pizza pies and gummy bears like fsu then what did they think was going to happen to a dude like Adisson.
Also usc is smart AF. It’s the weekend and now you have to scramble to get lawyers to start drafting sht up before the weekend ends. That sht ain’t cheap and likely difficult to counter with the team that usc has already established and printed on paper waiting to be signed.

Advertisement
This better be a warning sign to all p5 schools with a dude that starts looking like a stud. They should’ve been reaching out to every booster from that school to throw everything at the kid to make sure this didn’t happen.
If they were throwing pizza pies and gummy bears like fsu then what did they think was going to happen to a dude like Adisson.
Also usc is smart AF. It’s the weekend and now you have to scramble to get lawyers to start drafting sht up before the weekend ends. That sht ain’t cheap and likely difficult to counter with the team that usc has already established and printed on paper waiting to be signed.
and it was kept quiet so as not to take away from Pickett getting drafted

Advertisement
Talking to my buddy who is a Pitt fan and alum. He said the word is Pitt matched USC NIL money. Also said that doesn’t mean it’s gonna keep him there.

Insinuating that the sport we all love is dying because a top WR doesn’t want to play his $ year with a new OC and new QB is nuts. Forget the money, this move just makes since from a football perspective. I’d much rather be a star receiver in a Lincoln Riley offense, with a good QB, in Los Angeles than be stuck at Pitt post-Whipple/Pickett.

Insinuating that the sport we all love is dying because a top WR doesn’t want to play his $ year with a new OC and new QB is nuts. Forget the money, this move just makes since from a football perspective. I’d much rather be a star receiver in a Lincoln Riley offense, with a good QB, in Los Angeles than be stuck at Pitt post-Whipple/Pickett.
I’d agree, I’m way more fvcked up about the EE Utah signee

Advertisement
Back