Jordan Addison to the portal

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Advertisement
I get the relationship angle maybe tought to beat with Caleb Williams, but Riley has not developed a single HS QB.

Well, maybe Williams is technically a transfer now, so Riley maybe playing chess?

Seriously though, Caleb is not close to as proven a passer as TVD.

Who would you rather catch passes from?
Love TVD but I'm choosing a Lincoln-led offense 10/10.

Last edited:
I get the relationship angle maybe tought to beat with Caleb Williams, but Riley has not developed a single HS QB.

Well, maybe Williams is technically a transfer now, so Riley maybe playing chess?

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Keyshawn IMO

I’ve been leading the charge for us to add another Portal WR since January, so I’m not making the homer argument.

I just don’t see it with Brooks & I think the majority of people only think of him from the prism of him being a former South FL 5-star WR that we missed on, so people naturally just assume he’s great. But I don’t see elite speed, elite hands or elite route running with Brooks.

Obviously, he’s still very young & has time to develop & last year was just a small sample size, but one thing about Saban is he doesn’t hold his players hands & make excuses on their behalf. That’s not to say he’s perfect on all evals, but he’s been very vocal since last year about his disappointment in his young WR’s & his actions in the Portal have lead me to believe he doesn’t think too highly of them.

I’m 1,000,000% in favor of bringing in a Portal WR, we need a surefire playmaker with great speed.

I just don’t think Brooks is this special WR that some other people think he is, he looks B- at everything IMO.
I think saban was talking about the other young guys not being ready last year, C7 made big plays all year besides those drops in the natty.

And you’re higher on keyshawn than me, I think he’s good but I don’t see Wr1 potential like C7 or even mello and coby. I agree we need an explosive guy tho just not many options they like I guess

Advertisement

Caleb and Lincoln> TVD and Gattis from a receivers perspective

There is no gap between caleb and tvd, both are top tier from what they’ve shown so far.

Advertisement
Looking at that Forbes tax calculator it comes out to a little more than $265k on California state taxes vs non in Florida on $2 million. I don’t know if he would also be subject to city or county taxes but still that’s a whole lot of potatoes.
Gas is like at least $1 more a gallon out there too. 🤣

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keyshawn IMO

I’ve been leading the charge for us to add another Portal WR since January, so I’m not making the homer argument.

I just don’t see it with Brooks & I think the majority of people only think of him from the prism of him being a former South FL 5-star WR that we missed on, so people naturally just assume he’s great. But I don’t see elite speed, elite hands or elite route running with Brooks.

Obviously, he’s still very young & has time to develop & last year was just a small sample size, but one thing about Saban is he doesn’t hold his players hands & make excuses on their behalf. That’s not to say he’s perfect on all evals, but he’s been very vocal since last year about his disappointment in his young WR’s & his actions in the Portal have lead me to believe he doesn’t think too highly of them.

I’m 1,000,000% in favor of bringing in a Portal WR, we need a surefire playmaker with great speed.

I just don’t think Brooks is this special WR that some other people think he is, he looks B- at everything IMO.
This is exactly what I said in the original Jacory Brooks recruitment thread. I didn’t see the explosiveness, elusiveness or elite speed to label him as “elite.”

Many posters disagreed with me at the time, but if you saw it too, then I know that I’m not crazy.

Advertisement
Back