Jordan Addison to the portal

I feel like some of you fools on here are closet Bama Fans or some **** its getting old! I know I'm tired of seeing it every year but if you like to witness Bama reload with talent every year and in the Ship every **** year like the past 10 it seems so be it! **** that racist *** entitled school and **** Saban too ugh!
Or maybe they live rent free in your head buddy.

Advertisement
Alabama is the standard right now. No feelings just facts. If Miami wants to rise above them then we need to beat them head to head off the field. We need to

Recruit better than Alabama
Get better transfers than Alabama
Manage the roster better than Alabama
Coach better than Alabama
Play call better than Alabama
Develop better than Alabama
Etc

It’s a big ask, but that’s what it’ll take. Yeah it’s hard…that’s why there’s only one national champion. It’s a high ******* bar. Only one team can be the best, everyone else is ******* irrelevant.

And if I occasionally come across mopey, that’s why. Mario has moved this program forward. But getting us to the 2 yard line isn’t enough, he has to win the battles not just get us in the conversation. I haven’t seen anything yet that shows he’s taking us to that level yet. Again just facts, not feelings.

Is he better than Manny? No question. Is that enough? No evidence for that yet.

Alabama is the standard right now. No feelings just facts. If Miami wants to rise above them then we need to beat them head to head off the field. We need to

Etc

It’s a big ask, but that’s what it’ll take. Yeah it’s hard…that’s why there’s only one national champion. It’s a high ******* bar. Only one team can be the best, everyone else is ******* irrelevant.

And if I occasionally come across mopey, that’s why. Mario has moved this program forward. But getting us to the 2 yard line isn’t enough, he has to win the battles not just get us in the conversation. I haven’t seen anything yet that shows he’s taking us to that level yet. Again just facts, not feelings.

Beyond the "no ****, Sherlock" nature of your post - did you try to justify your admitted mopery based on Mario's inability to catch and pass Alabama, with respect to all aspects of building a football progrum, in (checks calendar) 120 days?

Might that be a bit of an unrealistic or unattainable goal?

Even the almighty himself, Nick Saban, averaged ~3 losses per season in his first four years (admittedly, 14-0 with a crystal football at the end of the 3rd year, but the point remains). It took lil Nicky a year or two to overturn Don Jrs. roster and create the machine that Alabama is (currently - I am looking forward to what becomes of Bama under the next regime).

Sure, lets expect Mario to conquer that mountain in 4 months and not 4 years.

That said, I am in the camp that believes an 8-4 regular season this year would be an abject failure. So, 🤷‍♂️

Beyond the "no ****, Sherlock" nature of your post - did you try to justify your admitted mopery based on Mario's inability to catch and pass Alabama, with respect to all aspects of building a football progrum, in (checks calendar) 120 days?

Even the almighty himself, Nick Saban, averaged ~3 losses per season in his first four years (admittedly, 14-0 with a crystal football at the end of the 3rd year, but the point remains). It took lil Nicky a year or two to overturn Don Jrs. roster and create the machine that Alabama is (currently - I am looking forward to what becomes of Bama under the next regime).

That said, I am in the camp that believes an 8-4 regular season this year would be an abject failure. So, 🤷‍♂️
not to mention it's May and we are expecting Mario to have a full recruiting class? Wake me up in September. If for some reason we are struggling then , yes I would be concerned, meanwhile I am good. Very early with an elite staff, and a guy that was getting top 10 classes at Oregon didnt forget how to recruit in the most fertile region in the nation.

I keep saying the same **** thing. Results matter. Reasons don’t.

This isn’t golf. There are no handicaps in football. Alabama is the standard. You either measure up or you don’t, there’s no grading on a curve, there’s no “yeah but’s” or excuses.

Today, right now we’re not meeting the standard. It is what it is. I don’t have feelings about that I’m just stating a fact.

Teams like A&M ang Georgia managed to meet the bar in one way or another. Miami must also

Advertisement

This isn’t golf. There are no handicaps in football. Alabama is the standard. You either measure up or you don’t, there’s no grading on a curve, there’s no “yeah but’s” or excuses.

Today, right now we’re not meeting the standard. It is what it is. I don’t have feelings about that I’m just stating a fact.

Teams like A&M ang Georgia managed to meet the bar in one way or another. Miami must also
It’s a tall task to expect that any coach can walk into a mediocre team and start recruiting at the same level as Saban.
Jimbo beat Bama last year but so have other people. Dudes make it sound like Saban has gone undefeated for 16 years and has never lost in the playoffs.
The only reason Jimbo and Kirby recruited at a high level was because of money not relationships. Kirby was fortunate to walk into a team that already had been recruiting at a high level thanks to boosters and a pretty good head coach in cmr.

Saban recruited almost 30 players in each of his first 2 classes and his 1st class had a good chunk of 3 stars. He walked into an average team.

Mario grabbing as much talent as he can regardless of where they’re at is a good sign and is indicative of how bad this roster was/is at a lot of spots. We love and overhype every commit and hope some highlight tape makes him some under the radar guy that’s gonna make the league.

The next step has to be on the field. My worry is not recruiting at a level to overcome the need of the portal. Our use of the portal has to be shrinking every year from now in imo. We aren’t gonna recruit at that level until we start making playoff runs.

What results? Winning football games, right? OK - what's our record (in May)?

There is no need to keep repeating yourself if your point is that we are not as good as Alabama. No one is arguing that we are anywhere near "the standard" - currently. The pushback comes from your expectation that we should be meeting that standard - now. It just makes no sense to willfully ignore any and all possible/actual grey areas and just file that nuance away as ExcUsEs. Did Texas a&m and Georgia and Alabama reach "the standard" within 120 days of hiring their new coaches? Has anyone, ever? Has any coach, ever, signed a top 5 class in his transition year? Why should we expect Mario to? That you are expecting the unattainable does not mean we have "failed" if those goals aren't met - it just means that you have no clue how to set manageable goals.

It seems like your argument, flawed though it is, would benefit from even a little bit of tangible hindsight w/r/t actual football games. If we are 7-5 come Thanksgiving, yeah, everyone will be able to see that we are still lacking in certain key areas that are necessary in building a successful program - even then, it would still be too early to declare that Mario can't/won't be able to reach the standard. This is not a one year project.

This guy "RightSaidFred" sounds like a troll. Mr. Obvious insists that we need to be at Alabama's level NOW.
Maudes: Put this guy on a tight leash, super tight to the point of eventual strangulation.

This guy "RightSaidFred" sounds like a troll. Mr. Obvious insists that we need to be at Alabama's level NOW.
Maudes: Put this guy on a tight leash, super tight to the point of eventual strangulation.

Why do we have so many people on here that want to ban individuals that have a different opinion. While his opinion might be very dumb, it's his. Just put the guy on ignore if you don't want to see his post.

Advertisement

Etc

Saban was 7-6 his first year at Bama. Since you want to judge Mario by Saban standard, might 7-6 for Mario’s first year satisfy you?

What results? Winning football games, right? OK - what's our record (in May)?

There is no need to keep repeating yourself if your point is that we are not as good as Alabama. No one is arguing that we are anywhere near "the standard" - currently. The pushback comes from your expectation that we should be meeting that standard - now. It just makes no sense to willfully ignore any and all possible/actual grey areas and just file that nuance away as ExcUsEs. Did Texas a&m and Georgia and Alabama reach "the standard" within 120 days of hiring their new coaches? Has anyone, ever? Has any coach, ever, signed a top 5 class in his transition year? Why should we expect Mario to? That you are expecting the unattainable does not mean we have "failed" if those goals aren't met - it just means that you have no clue how to set manageable goals.

It seems like your argument, flawed though it is, would benefit from even a little bit of tangible hindsight w/r/t actual football games. If we are 7-5 come Thanksgiving, yeah, everyone will be able to see that we are still lacking in certain key areas that are necessary in building a successful program - even then, it would still be too early to declare that Mario can't/won't be able to reach the standard. This is not a one year project.

You’re putting words in my mouth. I didn’t say Mario can’t or won’t reach that standard. I didn’t call him or the program a failure. Never have.

I simply said the recruiting class including portal that he has put in the books fails to meet that standard.

Maybe if I worded it differently it would trigger yall less. I’ll word it as if I were at work. “An area of opportunity for Miami is in recruiting and talent acquisition. While clear and tangible steps have been taken to reach our benchmarks, opportunities for growth remain and progress should be constantly monitored.”

not to mention it's May and we are expecting Mario to have a full recruiting class? Wake me up in September. If for some reason we are struggling then , yes I would be concerned, meanwhile I am good. Very early with an elite staff, and a guy that was getting top 10 classes at Oregon didnt forget how to recruit in the most fertile region in the nation.
When is it that @Cribby says he starts paying attention to recruiting? Aug/Sept???

Not worried on anything

Advertisement
You’re putting words in my mouth. I didn’t say Mario can’t or won’t reach that standard. I didn’t call him or the program a failure. Never have.

I simply said the recruiting class including portal that he has put in the books fails to meet that standard.

Maybe if I worded it differently it would trigger yall less. I’ll word it as if I were at work. “An area of opportunity for Miami is in recruiting and talent acquisition. While clear and tangible steps have been taken to reach our benchmarks, opportunities for growth remain and progress should be constantly monitored.”
Semantics. Sure, not a failure, but failed to meet the (your) standard.

what’s the point of bringing up Alabama in every other post - other than to compare Mario’s current efforts to those of Saban. We get it. Mario isn’t recruiting like Saban, Smart, Riley or Jimbo - today. That may be a “fact,” but it’s a meaningless fact if you are unwilling to acknowledge any of the circumstances that contribute to that fact.

No one’s triggered. It’s mostly just responding to your dense reasoning.

To use your example - It’d be like conducting a quarterly review with an employee you hired 6 weeks ago, and writing that employee up for not producing similar results to an employee that’s been there all three months. Makes no sense.

Wait. Wait one damnned minute . . .

To be so young, you sure are a sourpuss - and you gotta be young not to remember. We've been down, up, up, up, down, down, up, down, and then up again. Pre-Schnelly, Schnelly, JJ, Erickson, zilch, zilch - on and on - with our last up being Butch, and after a long, weary dry spell, now our trajectory is again up.

We were supposed to lose our asses against the mighty Cornholers - but we didn't. Time and again, we'd suddenly surprise power teams with the very best players - and beat them. And we weren't loaded with five stars - to the contrary - but many became NFL stars, All Pro's, and Hall of Famers.

No one has to show you ****. You'll see it the same time the rest of us do. There's something in the water here - we tend to suddenly start breaking our feet off between the creases of national powerhouses. It's always a bit of a surprise when it happens - because each time - we don't have a team loaded with five stars. And once we get rolling - as long as we don't get all Clappy - we tend to do quite well.

Go suck on a persimmon or something to compliment your attitude. Maybe alum? And to enhance the experience - rinse it down with some Summer's Eve. Tastes like Texas Mule **** - but hey -

You're all twisted up some five months into a new beginning.

We need the mentality. Mario is teaching it once again. I don't know if it will be a turnaround this year, the next, or the next - but I can assure you once the mentality is inbred once again - we'll roll.

We all know how you feel. It's just that sometimes you come off like you accidentally rubbed some Ben-*** on your tender bits. And it just gets old - fast.

Chill.

Professionals are working the problems, in sequence, as quickly as they can.

And WHEN did Texas A&M meet the bar?

Advertisement

It absolutely would be with TVD, elite staff and roster turnover.

Advertisement
Back