Jones/Carter WRs - Do We Keep Both?

jevoasis

Addicted to ****
They seem to be very similar players, both very raw and would probably not contribute right away. If the numbers get tight, does AG push one of them to another school?

Advertisement
I think one of them boys contributes next season.

Both would be the tallest wide outs on the roster. There is a place for one of them to catch some balls.

Again, very similar prospects, and I just see the numbers getting tight, I just don't see room for both of them. Am I wrong?

Advertisement
IMO the top three WRs next year will be:

Rashaun Scott (note: SFbay will progressively move towards an "all in" status on Rashaun Scott as we progress)
Robert Lockhart
Phillip Dorsett

That leaves room for 2 to 3 more guys to get filler minutes. I think Allen Hurns will be one of those two. I think Kendall Thompkins will get "some" burn because of his senior status, but I suspect he'll have to show some production to keep his #5 spot. So basically, we only need one or two of the incoming kids (aside from Lockhart) to be serviceable. The others should and will get shirted.

IMO the top three WRs next year will be:

Rashaun Scott (note: SFbay will progressively move towards an "all in" status on Rashaun Scott as we progress)
Robert Lockhart
Phillip Dorsett

That leaves room for 2 to 3 more guys to get filler minutes. I think Allen Hurns will be one of those two. I think Kendall Thompkins will get "some" burn because of his senior status, but I suspect he'll have to show some production to keep his #5 spot. So basically, we only need one or two of the incoming kids (aside from Lockhart) to be serviceable. The others should and will get shirted.

Interesting call on Scott & placing of Hurns. Like the balls on the Scott call but wondering if you just aren't a Hurns fan, or if you just feel he's not as good as the other guys?

Advertisement
Hurns is the top returning WR. If he can stay healthy, he catches the most balls.

Hurns is the top returning WR. If he can stay healthy, he catches the most balls.

For some reason I still see him struggle with his hands. I know he was pretty raw when he got here, but he just doesn't look natural bringing the ball in with his hands. He needs to make a Hank-type of improvement to really be a #1

For some reason I still see him struggle with his hands. I know he was pretty raw when he got here, but he just doesn't look natural bringing the ball in with his hands. He needs to make a Hank-type of improvement to really be a #1

Hurns was pretty **** good to start the season but then hit a wall and fell off. Everything was sticking to his hands to being with but towards the end of the season he couldn't catch a cold. His problem is just staying consistent. Ideally he's a good #2 WR.

Advertisement
I think Hurns was hurt at the end of the year, hence his lack of production and drop issue. He was money early in the year, caught everything thrown this way.

I think all of our WR commits are vastly underrated with the exception of Lockhart. Jones and Carter could both be very very good here.

Advertisement
Hurns battled injuries the 2nd half. I think he had surgery right after the season ended. When healthy, he's our best receiver until proven otherwise.

If healthy Hurns will be our best WR next year. Had a very impressive first half of the season last year but then tailed off in the second half. Should have been a redshirt freshmen either way. I expect him to put together a solid season this year.

Hurns and Dorsett will start along with Scott

Lewis and Lockhart will have the biggest impact off the bench

Hurns is without question our best returning receiver. Dorsett has the tools to pass him though.

I think Scott is taking his place next to Thompkins on the all GT team.

Advertisement
Back